thriller 25 itunes getting exclusive tracks

mikey82james

Proud Member
01.02.2008 : Thriller 25th Anniversary Edition
Thriller 25 is out February 11th and is available for pre-order now. All formats include the original album plus groundbreaking videos, the superstar remixes AND an unreleased track from the Thriller sessions.

There are 4 physical formats:

Classic cover
Zombie cover
Special Edition Hardback cover with expanded booklet
2 x LP

There are also digital editions and iTunes exclusive tracks

http://de.click2music.co.uk/bmgacts/mjthriller/

thanks for clarifying this - I got the "hardbook" edition or something, which I assume to be the "hardback" edition. I might also get the LP version.

This is all so weird and confusing, I think they're making a mistake by having so many different versions.
Theres 4 standard versions, then there's Japanese version, amazon apparently have exclusive video with theirs, TARGET apparently have an exclusive download, and now itunes have exclusive download. Then there's all the different names; like Deluxe and super-deluxe, and hardback cover... etc.

They should have kept it simple... one album, any extra downloads available separately online everywhere.

Last edited:
Can someone help me understand all the different versions and all the extras please? This is way to confusing.

Can someone help me understand all the different versions and all the extras please? This is way to confusing.

There're 3 different packages:

#1: classic cover, 20 p. booklet

#2: holographic zombie cover, 20 p. booklet

#3: holographic zombie cover, 48 p. booklet

in addition there's the Japanese edtion incl. Got The Hots, this has also 3 different packages (same as above listed)

Last edited:
This is all so weird and confusing, I think they're making a mistake by having so many different versions.
Theres 4 standard versions, then there's Japanese version, amazon apparently have exclusive video with theirs, TARGET apparently have an exclusive download, and now itunes have exclusive download. Then there's all the different names; like Deluxe and super-deluxe, and hardback cover... etc.

They should have kept it simple... one album, any extra downloads available separately online everywhere.
That's how they make their money. They expect people to buy the standard version and then see that there's a track they really want but don't have on the iTunes version so they buy it as well, then they buy it from Target to get the exclusive tracks they have and then they import a copy from Japan so they can get the Japanese exclusive track. So at the end of the day you have some people buying 3 or 4 versions of Thriller 25 so they can get all the exclusive tracks. That's the plan anyway.

thriller 25 itunes getting exclusive tracks ? which is? hopefully "Got The Hots" for the US/European Market

I hope itunes gets a different unreleased Thriller demo than got the hots, i want as much thriller stuff as possible.... im gonna get the hardback edition of thriller 25...so confused on which is the best haha

There're 3 different packages:

#1: classic cover, 20 p. booklet

#2: holographic zombie cover, 20 p. booklet

#3: holographic zombie cover, 48 p. booklet

in addition there's the Japanese edtion incl. Got The Hots, this has also 3 different packages (same as above listed)

Thanx for that Bubbles. But now there is one with GTH and FAT. Which one is that? And whats in the 48 pg book thats different from the 20pg booklet?

Thanx for that Bubbles. But now there is one with GTH and FAT. Which one is that? And whats in the 48 pg book thats different from the 20pg booklet?

I think the 48 p. book will contain unreleased pics, etc.

actually there'll be 6 different cd albums:

#1 International release: classic cover, 20 p. booklet, contains only For All Time

#2 International release: holographic zombie cover, 20 p. booklet, contains only For All Time

#3 International release: holographic zombie cover, 48 p. booklet, contains only For All Time

#4 Japanese release: classic cover, 20 p. booklet, contain For All Time and Got The Hots

#5 Japanese release: holographic zombie cover, 20 p. booklet, contain For All Time and Got The Hots

#6 Japanese release: holographic zombie cover, 48 p. booklet, contain For All Time and Got The Hots

Last edited:
#6 Japanese release: holographic zombie cover, 48 p. booklet, contain For All Time and Got The Hots

So this is the one I need to get. And I can find this where please? Thanx for all the help again Bubbles.

So this is the one I need to get. And I can find this where please? Thanx for all the help again Bubbles.

you can pre order it from several online stores

e.g. HMV Japan

This is the 25th Anniversary deluxe edition of Michael Jackson's smash hit album, "Thriller". A disc 1 features 17 tracks, including 9 original songs, "P.Y.T.2008" featuring Will I Am, "Beat It 2008" featuring Fergie, "Billie Jean 2008" remixed by Kanye West, "Start Something" featuring Akon, and there are 2 unpublished songs. A disc 2 is a bonus DVD which contains the images of "Thriller", "Billie Jean" and "Beat It". This limited edition comes with 48 pages of booklet. There release date is 20th of February, 2008.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2672822

^^ Cool thanx again for all your help.

So what are these exclusive tracks if you d/l from iTunes?

I think the 48 p. book will contain unreleased pics, etc.

actually there'll be 6 different cd albums:

#1 International release: classic cover, 20 p. booklet, contains only For All Time

#2 International release: holographic zombie cover, 20 p. booklet, contains only For All Time

#3 International release: holographic zombie cover, 48 p. booklet, contains only For All Time

#4 Japanese release: classic cover, 20 p. booklet, contain For All Time and Got The Hots

#5 Japanese release: holographic zombie cover, 20 p. booklet, contain For All Time and Got The Hots

hello,

the above list are not complete correct:

#2 and #5 are Zombie cover, but not holographic
and #4 are not exist at all

hope help and to be correct

i know its not on itunes lol i was just stating that i was getiin them so i can make sure i get Got the hots lol

Well we know that certain physical albums will have bonus tracks but we dont know what "exclusives" come with the d/l from iTunes.

Back