IJCSLY live & record

Mr. Norway

Proud Member
Hi!
First of all; this is my first post here after my move from MJNO, and I hope there will be many more :)

I just thought about the difference on Siedah Garret´s voice from the album version compared to the live versions on the Dangerous Tour. I mean, on the album version she sounds much more "pure" and clear while she sounds more raspy live. Why do you think that is? On CD she sounds much more like Michael, actually, but she definately doesn´t sound much like him live. Have they used something in the studio on her voice to change her voice or why is it so different??

amazing what they can do in the studio isnt it lol

idk, but i loooooooooove Michael's ad-libs at the end!

"it's a heartache, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me.
all my life babe, all my life babe" *SIGH*

But yeah, siedah sounds different. stage fright maybe? but its different singing in a studio and then in front of a bagillion ppl!

idk, but i loooooooooove Michael's ad-libs at the end!

"it's a heartache, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me.
all my life babe, all my life babe" *SIGH*

But yeah, siedah sounds different. stage fright maybe? but its different singing in a studio and then in front of a bagillion ppl!

Yeah, ad-libs are awesome

But I think the thing about the voice difference is pretty interesting. I´ve actually never really thought about it earlier but I think it´s a fair thing to ask: why?? I don´t think stage fright should have anything to do with the sound of her voice. sure, it´s different singing live in front of thousands compared to singing in a studio, but the voice should remain the same. I mean, Michael sounds exactly the same on record and live (if you take the obvious live singing diffrence to mind).

So, DID they really fix on her voice in the studio?? Like lilseanb said: It IS increadible what they can do in the studio. The question is, in that case, why they wanted to do so. Because the difference is remarkable... ( at least IMO)

Michael sounded awesome during that performance. As for Siedah, it's possible that she was just having an off night during the Bucharest concert but she has an amazing voice. She's no "studio singer" , she can sing for sure. Personally, I didn't have a problem with her singing, sure Siedah sounded a little hoarse but I thought both She and Michael really delivered. Their duet is one of my fave performances from the Bucharest DVD.

I don't like Siedah's singing at all. I think she simply wanted to "oversing" Michael at the concert. Her voice sounded terrible on that live performance. On the album version her voice is as soft as Michael's. Their voice is so similar on the studio version that I thought at first that it was sung by Michael only :lol:

Back