What about a special tribute to james brown doing the concerts!!!!

lmojackson

Proud Member
well everyone knows that michael looked up to mr.brown
and it will be great if michael did a 5 min tribute to mr.brown

i will really be so honored if he did show him some respect.

i can see michael doing
i got the feeling (his fav james brown song)
i feel good
its a man world

WHAT YALL THINK????????/

When Michael dances, he always pays a tribute to the King Of Funk with his moves.

I think it would be awesome if he did, since Prince ignored James passing away, when he did not do any of James songs at the SuperBowl.....
Michael did speak at James Funeral...but a little act to remind us all who the biggest was, is never wrong.

You know what, I always thought he should sing like the part when he sings I Love You then after that, start doin' his thing like at that James Brown concert.

http://

I don't think it's such a good idea. Don't know, but I don't have a connection with James Brown or his music. Doesn't mean I don't respect his great legacy, but I think Michael should do his own thing.

@Imojackson: You beat me to it:) I was thinking of making the thread about James Brown tribute. So, my answer is, Yessssss! It would be so meaningful for Mike to set a part of his show aside to honor his idol. We all know how much James Brown means to him. And the funky tunes would get the crowd going wild with his dance.

He's done that JB move in his own dance routine a lot, which is in itself a nice tribute, but a whole segment devoted to one of his biggest idols would be great:yes:

he should just dedicate wannabe to him and then do his typical dance routine

I think it would be awesome if he did, since Prince ignored James passing away, when he did not do any of James songs at the SuperBowl.....
Michael did speak at James Funeral...but a little act to remind us all who the biggest was, is never wrong.
yea prince ignored the fact that james brown had pass!!!!!1
but michael doing a tribute to his idol

wow i would love that

You know what, I always thought he should sing like the part when he sings I Love You then after that, start doin' his thing like at that James Brown concert.

thank you very much for this video
much love!!!!!!!!!
@Imojackson: You beat me to it:) I was thinking of making the thread about James Brown tribute. So, my answer is, Yessssss! It would be so meaningful for Mike to set a part of his show aside to honor his idol. We all know how much James Brown means to him. And the funky tunes would get the crowd going wild with his dance.

He's done that JB move in his own dance routine a lot, which is in itself a nice tribute, but a whole segment devoted to one of his biggest idols would be great:yes:
oh you were gonna make this thread!!!!
lol sorry
yea it will be great!!!!!!!!!1
i would be so happy if he did
yea like when he does wanna be starting something
he always incooprate james brown in that omg
thats the main song where he does mr. brown
whats another song?

plz mike guve us a tribute to the hardest working man in show business!!!!!!
he should just dedicate wannabe to him and then do his typical dance routine

yea that would be great!!!!!!

IMO it would be great for Mike to do a tribute to JB in his concerts.
For one thing, it would make a welcome change for Mike to do something none of us have ever heard him do before (not even on CD), and another, James Brown deserves all our respect. He was Mike's idol and it would be nice for Mike (in his final concerts) to pay tribute to the man that inspired him to be the entertainer he is. In a way it would be full circle - We saw the little Mike covering JB on that old grainy audition video from the 60s and then to see him perform some JB at his final concerts would be great.(perhaps Mike could show that old clip of him)
James Brown deserves so much credit for what he achieved. It would only need to be a short video clip of JB bustin some moves and then perhaps a couple of minutes of Mike bustin his moves to a JB track and hopefully singing something.

IMO it would be great for Mike to do a tribute to JB in his concerts.
For one thing, it would make a welcome change for Mike to do something none of us have ever heard him do before (not even on CD), and another, James Brown deserves all our respect. He was Mike's idol and it would be nice for Mike (in his final concerts) to pay tribute to the man that inspired him to be the entertainer he is. In a way it would be full circle - We saw the little Mike covering JB on that old grainy audition video from the 60s and then to see him perform some JB at his final concerts would be great.(perhaps Mike could show that old clip of him)
James Brown deserves so much credit for what he achieved. It would only need to be a short video clip of JB bustin some moves and then perhaps a couple of minutes of Mike bustin his moves to a JB track and hopefully singing something.

omh you have the greatest idea!!!!!!!!!!!! whoa

i can picture mike dacing now to i got the feeling
that was his demo tape for motown and now 45 years later mike is doing the same dance rountine

woa

whats mike email

we need to tell him this idea lol

but i hope michael gives us a number we can call
so we can have an input in these shows

when janet toured the fans had made so much input into her tour!!!!!
i pray michael does that 2.
we made janet show

omg

eehh...nah!

I love Michael to bits but i'm not a fan of James Brown.

I've said all along I'd love for MJ to do something live and different.. I've mentioned a cover of some of his favorite songs. A James Brown medley would be amazing, excellent idea.

I don't think it's such a good idea. Don't know, but I don't have a connection with James Brown or his music. Doesn't mean I don't respect his great legacy, but I think Michael should do his own thing.

Total ignorance, everyone who listens to Michael Jackson has a connection with James Brown. James created a sound, a beat, that is the ground foundation in many of michael´s songs and almost every song today. So to say that you dont have a connection is according to me BS...

wow this video is wicked would love him to spend a few mins doing that as its good -- mike was a huge fan and it shows in his moves and if he spends a few min doing a song or moves it will still be mj performing so ill be amazing its not going to take over the concerts or anything so dont worry about that

Total ignorance, everyone who listens to Michael Jackson has a connection with James Brown. James created a sound, a beat, that is the ground foundation in many of michael´s songs and almost every song today. So to say that you dont have a connection is according to me BS...

Elitist much? I know that MJ was influenced by James Brown and admires him greatly. However in no way would I even listen to James Brown's music because I just don't like it really. I also think most people going to the concert would feel the same.

Elitist much? I know that MJ was influenced by James Brown and admires him greatly. However in no way would I even listen to James Brown's music because I just don't like it really. I also think most people going to the concert would feel the same.

agree. just because michael loves james brown doesnt mean mikes fans need to and have to digg Mr. Browns music, michael pretty much came up with his own ideas for stuff and took some james brown moves to another level.

If u look at the fact then it will show that Michael Jackson is a ten time better performer and dancer than James Brown. That´s just fact. :)

yea prince ignored the fact that james brown had pass!!!!!1
but michael doing a tribute to his idol

wow i would love that

thank you very much for this video
much love!!!!!!!!!

oh you were gonna make this thread!!!!
lol sorry
yea it will be great!!!!!!!!!1
i would be so happy if he did
yea like when he does wanna be starting something
he always incooprate james brown in that omg
thats the main song where he does mr. brown
whats another song?

plz mike guve us a tribute to the hardest working man in show business!!!!!!

yea that would be great!!!!!!
Can't remember the songs, but I've seen him doing the JB step to so many different songs. He did it often during the Jacksons period as well as his solo career. So, I'd say it's pretty much throughout his whole career. You might catch it while checking out his performance clips from various eras:)

I think you throw around the word ignorance a bit too easy... And BS in the same post. Can I just say that I don't like that attitude in replying to someone? I simply have a different opinion. I did say in my post James Brown has a great legacy. And yes, Michael has a great influence in James Brown. I simply don't like the man, or his music. That's called an opinion, and BS and ignorance have nothing to do with that.

I think you throw around the word ignorance a bit too easy... And BS in the same post. Can I just say that I don't like that attitude in replying to someone? I simply have a different opinion. I did say in my post James Brown has a great legacy. And yes, Michael has a great influence in James Brown. I simply don't like the man, or his music. That's called an opinion, and BS and ignorance have nothing to do with that.

agree. just because michael loves james brown doesnt mean mikes fans need to and have to digg Mr. Browns music, michael pretty much came up with his own ideas for stuff and took some james brown moves to another level.

If u look at the fact then it will show that Michael Jackson is a ten time better performer and dancer than James Brown. That´s just fact. :)

Well, I apologise for "ignorance and bs" but as I said, it was according to ME. And no it is not a FACT that James Brown is a 10 times worse performer and dancer then Michael.
And I really dont think that most of the people going to Michaels concerts would think a tribute to James wouldn´t fit or be bad.
But as I´m posting this it came to my mind that this isn´t probably the right forum to talk about this in.

Can't remember the songs, but I've seen him doing the JB step to so many different songs. He did it often during the Jacksons period as well as his solo career. So, I'd say it's pretty much throughout his whole career. You might catch it while checking out his performance clips from various eras:)

He usually does it in Wanna Be startin something, and in the footage of the song Bad at Wembley 88. :)

Well, I apologise for "ignorance and bs" but as I said, it was according to ME. And no it is not a FACT that James Brown is a 10 times worse performer and dancer then Michael.
And I really dont think that most of the people going to Michaels concerts would think a tribute to James wouldn´t fit or be bad.
But as I´m posting this it came to my mind that this isn´t probably the right forum to talk about this in.

Do u really not think that the Michael Jackson at his best couldnt win a dance challenge against James Brown at his best? come on!?

Last edited:
i've said all along i'd love for mj to do something live and different.. I've mentioned a cover of some of his favorite songs. A james brown medley would be amazing, excellent idea.
thank you!!!!!

total ignorance, everyone who listens to michael jackson has a connection with james brown. James created a sound, a beat, that is the ground foundation in many of michael´s songs and almost every song today. So to say that you dont have a connection is according to me bs...
exactlty!!!!!!!!!!
wow this video is wicked would love him to spend a few mins doing that as its good -- mike was a huge fan and it shows in his moves and if he spends a few min doing a song or moves it will still be mj performing so ill be amazing its not going to take over the concerts or anything so dont worry about that
i know i only want like 3 mins thats it!!!!!!!
elitist much? I know that mj was influenced by james brown and admires him greatly. However in no way would i even listen to james brown's music because i just don't like it really. I also think most people going to the concert would feel the same.
alot of people will like it!!!!!!!

agree. Just because michael loves james brown doesnt mean mikes fans need to and have to digg mr. Browns music, michael pretty much came up with his own ideas for stuff and took some james brown moves to another level.

If u look at the fact then it will show that michael jackson is a ten time better performer and dancer than james brown. That´s just fact. :)
mike is the better perfomer, but mike look up to mr.brown
it will be great for michael to show respect
to his idol!!!

can't remember the songs, but i've seen him doing the jb step to so many different songs. He did it often during the jacksons period as well as his solo career. So, i'd say it's pretty much throughout his whole career. You might catch it while checking out his performance clips from various eras:)

stranher in moscow
i think!!!!!!!!!!!

Back