Is Michael Jackson Underrated?

babykinsilk05

Proud Member
He's been hailded as the "Greatest ENTERTAINER that Ever Lived/of all time" or the "King of Pop" but there is hardly ever any mention of his musicianship, like his writting, producing, beatboxing, composing, ect...I know he didn't really play a truckload of instruments but is that enough to reduce his greatness to simply Entertainer? I've come across so many people who see MJ as simple a "song and dance" man, and it annoys me because I know he was soooo much more then that. Any Thoughts...?

You have no idea about how famous MJ is. He is number 1 when it comes to albums sales but you think he is underrated? That made me laugh. =)

When it comes to songwriting Michael is very underrated in my opinion. He's an amazing songwritter and yet his songwriting is hardly ever mentioned.

Alot of people actually don't view Michael as a real songwriter because he sings/beatboxes the music he comes up with into a tape recorder. To alot of people a songwriter is someone who sits by a piano or someone who strums away on a guitar

and i do know that Mike could play instruments but his main method for songwriting always seemed to be his own voice and a tape recorder

I think he is underrated as a musician (producing/songwriting) and especially as a singer..I think his voice was very versatile and he could sing anything..he could make his voice sound sexy on slow love songs like "The Lady in my Life" or "She's Out of My Life", it could sound soulful on spiritual songs like "Man In The Mirror" & "Will You Be There" or he could make it sound rough on a rock song like "Beat It" or "Dirty Diana"..and it was very distinct and different from most artists..and I think that he is one of the greatest vocalists of ALL TIME!! Also, his songwriting & and producing skills are so unique..I think his beatboxing is one of my favorite qualities about him..his ability to have a melody in his head, beatbox it, record it, and write songs from memory..I always thought that was very unique and different!! Then on top of that he can play instruments as well!!

Last edited:
No, everyone who knows abut music knows and respects his personal way of making music,

they recognise he was extremely personal, some say there is rock, there is pop, there is soul and then there's Michael Jackson (as another musical style)
i totally agree with that definition, the one who said it was a master

Absolutely. He is underated in terms of almost everything. Like smokey robinson said MJ is one of the most talented people ever to live.

I think a lot of people in the music industry respect him. But the average Joe, I find a lot of them do not respect him. many don't even respect his singing. They think of him only as a great dancer. Forget about it when it comes to his writing and producing. many consider hima puppet of Quincy Jones. They think the more input MJ had in to the music, the worst it got.

I think a lot of people in the music industry respect him. But the average Joe, I find a lot of them do not respect him. many don't even respect his singing. They think of him only as a great dancer. Forget about it when it comes to his writing and producing. many consider hima puppet of Quincy Jones. They think the more input MJ had in to the music, the worst it got.
I agree... especially with the Quincy part. If there's one thing I hate, its when people say Quincy is "reponsible" for MJ's success.

to me with songwriting and being his own ceo if his own record label he even had artist but its sad that he going gets remember for his scandel from the media. But to the music world he is not underrated

It's not that he's underrated, it's just that he's so talented in other areas (performing/dancing) that his other talents get overshadowed.

Michael played piano, percussion, guitar, i dont know why is that is never said, may be cause he was so wonderful on stage, like James Brown, they were not simply musicians they were more, they were performers

As far as songwriting, and composing Michael was simply INGENIUS, he was versatile and personal all at the same time, i cant even describe his musical style, it was all very him, all very Michael Jackson, thats something i have yet to see on other artists, he was PERSONAL, like i said he was not pop, not rock, not soul, it was Michael Jackson, a unique musical style.
His voice, the same as his composing skills, he used his voice a lot in composing as well.

I read that when he was on a rehab for a painkiller addiction back on 1994, a man who was there all the time with Michael said that you could hear him on his room playing music, singing, and it was may be 4 or 5 am (he had to had pills and pills to sleep), he was making music ALL THE TIME.
He also said Michael loved movies, he had troubles taking off his make up and his Fedora, the thing was that Michael said the make up make him feel comfortable, he was then said he should take off the make up and the fedora hat too, eventually he did, the man said Michael looked better without the make up cause it was more human and natural. Then he said Michael had a little trouble making a cup of tea but he did it although it was colorless, and he aplied 5 or 6 sugar with it, the man said the tea must have tasted not so good :lol:

he said Michael would have to take lots of pills to sleep, he was always wide awake making music and singing until 4 am or more.

he said of Michael
"Long after everyone else had gone to sleep, he was wide awake"
"You could hear him playing music or singing at 4 am. he had a portable tape machine which he sang into whenever he wanted to record a song"

"he seemed to be writing material all the time. the songs seemed sad and slow rather than fast dance numbers. May be that was down to his state of mind"

"Once he went on his knees and started playing the piano in the barn. He played a few notes and then began singing. It was a love song and sounded really good- and he had actually written it there right in front of me, it was amazing to watch. It took him about six minutes. When he got up, i said, Did you write that?" "he said, "yeah, but i've forgotten it already" Then he started to look for something else to do."

The man finally said about Michael, "No matter what his problems are, the guy is and complete genius"
This was an interview made to a man who treated Michael back in 1994. so its from that time.

(This is me the FedoraHatGirl2058 speaking, i also carry a recorcable machine all the time, i was amazed to know Michael did the same, wow, just wanted to say that :lol: )

It's not that he's underrated, it's just that he's so talented in other areas (performing/dancing) that his other talents get overshadowed.
May be so
About the comment someone made about Michael being a puppet, Michael was the puppet of absolutely nobody... Michael was stuborn in all ways, never a puppet, never at least when it was about music, he was genius.

May be so
About the comment someone made about Michael being a puppet, Michael was the puppet of absolutely nobody... Michael was stuborn in all ways, never a puppet, never at least when it was about music, he was genius.

People get caught up in the spectacle of his performing and dancing skill that fans become fixated on that aspect and somewhat chose to not acknowledge the other aspects that comprise "Michael Jackson". Casual fans don't and probably will never understand the lyrical depth of songs like SIM, MITM, DD, or TJ. They just like the songs for what they are rather than what they stand for. Only when you become a true fan do you fully begin to understand the man we know as Michael Jackson.

The sad thing is that they do underrated him on purpose...

i was just checking on wikipedia (i know is not the best source, but i went to see the part of an overrrated artist, i looked for Madonna and in the part of Instruments its says:Vocals, guitar, percussion :scratch:, (i wanted to collapse right there for so much ignorance and stupidity all together)

then i went to Michael's page there to the part of instrumenst and says: vocals....only vocals:mello:... can you believe it...:bugeyed God i didnt know whether to laugh or LAUGH HYSTERICALLY, its so frustrating....

People get caught up in the spectacle of his performing and dancing skill that fans become fixated on that aspect and somewhat chose to not acknowledge the other aspects that comprise "Michael Jackson". Casual fans don't and probably will never understand the lyrical depth of songs like SIM, MITM, DD, or TJ. They just like the songs for what they are rather than what they stand for. Only when you become a true fan do you fully begin to understand the man we know as Michael Jackson.
yeah, you are completely RIGHT, he was deep, some fans call themselves fans and they download his music for free(which is ok, in a way), but dont care to analyze his lyrical content, like say Morphine, some "fans" dont even know he played instruments... how can you admire someone and dont have the official albums???? and dont read the booklets to see when he played instruments or when he did not, what a song meant, i mean when i admire someone im like a scientist

Some Michael fans are all about the success, the reality is that Michael didnt wanted to do anymore shows (he didnt care), he wanted to do studio albums, and direct movies, the This Is It concerts were almost a forced thing to do for him, he was not that much interested, then in the process he DID, but lets remember that at first he didnt wanted to perform again, may be he was in denial, but he did not wanted (at first), he wanted to retire from performing and the public eye, he wanted to do art but he didnt wantd to tour, he didnt like to tour actually, he was all about artistry, and he loved mistery and that was part of his artistry too.

yeah, you are completely RIGHT, he was deep, some fans call themselves fans and they download his music for free(which is ok, in a way), but dont care to analyze his lyrical content, like say Morphine, some "fans" dont even know he played instruments... how can you admire someone and dont have the official albums???? and dont read the booklets to see when he played instruments or when he did not, what a song meant, i mean when i admire someone im like a scientist

Some Michael fans are all about the success, the reality is that Michael didnt wanted to do anymore shows (he didnt care), he wanted to do studio albums, and direct movies, the This Is It concerts were almost a forced thing to do for him, he was not that much interested, then in the process he DID, but lets remember that at first he didnt wanted to perform again, may be he was in denial, but he did not wanted (at first), he wanted to retire from performing and the public eye, he wanted to do art but he didnt wantd to tour, he didnt like to tour actually, he was all about artistry, and he loved mistery and that was part of his artistry too.

I will admit that I'm guilty of downloading some of Mike's material. Mainly the stuff from TUC disc set. I just can't afford to shell out that kind of money for some unreleased songs, when I know I'm paying for the back catalog of songs that are on the package and I already have the physical copies of the original albums. I just think it's kinda ridiculous to have to repay for music I already legally own.

A lot of fans are fans of an artist because of their success. That's with everyone. I personally don't care about how an artist sells, because sometimes the stuff that doesn't sell is usually the best stuff. Just look at some of Mike's albums. Thriller sold 100 million+, but anyone will tell you "Off The Wall" is the better album despite selling 20 million+. In the home movies he said he didn't like to tour. And I don't blame him. Touring is not easy, do show after show night after night living out of a suitcase for two years. Plus the amount of work that goes in to it. Yeah it's a lot of money and you get to see your fans, but at what expense? Your health? Your well-being? Your happiness? Not worth the sacrifice, some would agree.

I will admit that I'm guilty of downloading some of Mike's material. Mainly the stuff from TUC disc set. I just can't afford to shell out that kind of money for some unreleased songs, when I know I'm paying for the back catalog of songs that are on the package and I already have the physical copies of the original albums. I just think it's kinda ridiculous to have to repay for music I already legally own.

A lot of fans are fans of an artist because of their success. That's with everyone. I personally don't care about how an artist sells, because sometimes the stuff that doesn't sell is usually the best stuff. Just look at some of Mike's albums. Thriller sold 100 million+, but anyone will tell you "Off The Wall" is the better album despite selling 20 million+. In the home movies he said he didn't like to tour. And I don't blame him. Touring is not easy, do show after show night after night living out of a suitcase for two years. Plus the amount of work that goes in to it. Yeah it's a lot of money and you get to see your fans, but at what expense? Your health? Your well-being? Your happiness? Not worth the sacrifice, some would agree.
Well i understand you in that case, cause i mean you have the official ones, you just didnt wanted to spend that much money, so its not your case at all, i mean the ones who download ALL, and dont care about the credits and artwork and stuff, all that in fact has a MEANING.

about the success, exactly what you mean, and i love the HIStory album, it has some of deepest songs, yet is like always Thriller, i love Thriller but its not his only work....

and touring, that must be like he said, hell, not cause of the performing but cause of the whole you know, the media hunting him wherever he went, the weather changing, health troubles, he was not just a musician he was a performer and what a performer, the pressure on him for beeing Michael Jackson... for beeing on the road since he was a little child....i totally understand him, i mean take a look, performing since you are five years old, thats CRAZY. And one of the most important things you said what about HIS HAPPINESS...

Well i understand you in that case, cause i mean you have the official ones, you just didnt wanted to spend that much money, so its not your case at all, i mean the ones who download ALL, and dont care about the credits and artwork and stuff, all that in fact has a MEANING.

about the success, exactly what you mean, and i love the HIStory album, it has some of deepest songs, yet is like always Thriller, i love Thriller but its not his only work....

and touring, that must be like he said, hell, not cause of the performing but cause of the whole you know, the media hunting him wherever he went, the weather changing, health troubles, he was not just a musician he was a performer and what a performer, the pressure on him for beeing Michael Jackson... for beeing on the road since he was a little child....i totally understand him, i mean take a look, performing since you are five years old, thats CRAZY. And one of the most important things you said what about HIS HAPPINESS...

Most definitely I need the physical CDs for when I'm in the car. :lol: Because I refuse to listen to 2010 music on the radio. No sir I will not. :lol: I know ppl call themselves fans, but don't purchase the albums. I can understand it cuz looking at it both ways I do the same with other artists. I LOVE Beyonce and a big fan, but I will never purchase one of her albums. I just don't feel like her music is good enough for me to go out an buy it. I'll purchase tickets to her show, before I buy one of her albums. And I know other Mike fans do the same thing as well. We're all guilty of calling ourselves fans of other artists but don't support them by going out and purchasing the album. So imo, it works both ways. You can't get the full experience without understand an artists true talent. The CD booklets tell you so much about what the artist did behind the scenes (in the studio) and that is a REAL display of talent. Not just going in a booth and singing what you're given. That's not being an artist imo.

And an artists best work is very rarely ever their best seller, i.e. OTW, Velvet Rope, Like A Prayer, Whitney Houston, Butterfly, and many many more. You can't be happy as an artist if you're not happy with yourself. And that's what let to Mike's unhappiness at times. That man didn't want to tour. And he said it. It was just too much stress. Like Janet said, "there's nothing more depressing than having everything, and still feeling sad."

Oh man, thank you! just have to post them here, they are just the most accurates articles on his music...

Here goes number one

Joe Vogel
Author, cultural critic

Michael Jackson: Man in the Music, Part 1

That's what makes greatness. You have to have that tragedy, that pain to pull from. That's what makes a clown great. You can see he's hurting behind the masquerade. He's something else externally. -Michael Jackson

"I know the creator will go. But his work survives. That is why to escape death I attempt to bind my soul to my work." -Michelangelo, quoted by Michael Jackson in a 2007 interview with Ebony

For the past few years, I have been working on a book exploring Michael Jackson the artist (entitled Man in the Music: An Album by Album Guide to Michael Jackson). As a cultural critic and music aficionado, it has been a fascinating process of discovery. Overshadowed by his eccentricities, his legal battles, even his fluctuating commercial success, few people have explored what made Michael Jackson a star in the first place: his staggering artistic talent.
Just two days ago, in fact, I was up late polishing the chapter on his first solo album, Off the Wall (an oft-overlooked masterpiece that set the stage for Thriller).
Like many others, I also anxiously looked forward to his sold-out concert series in London at the O2 Arena, which Coldplay singer Chris Martin described as "the biggest comeback since Lazarus" as well as his highly anticipated new album, which would have been his first new studio material since 2001's Invincible).
Then last night the tragic news.
Like millions of others from my generation, Michael Jackson has been a part of my life the way the Beatles were to a previous generation. I remember the first time I saw him dance on Motown 25, the hundreds of times I popped Thriller or Bad or Dangerous into my Sony Walkman, wearing out my VHS of "The Legend Continues," watching the worldwide premier of the "Black or White" video, practicing the moonwalk on my kitchen floor. So many of us growing up in the Eighties have memories like this.
As I grew older, many of my musical interests changed. But Michael Jackson remained. Even as he hid behind walls and masks, even as he was reduced to a freakish caricature by the media, his complex mixture of joy, sadness, innocence, exhilaration, anger, paranoia, wonder, social concern, suffering, loneliness, and transcendence came through in his songs. They reminded us that, after all, he was a human being.
Today I grieve with millions of others around the world. The news of Michael Jackson's death is not just shocking as many journalists are saying. It is devastating on so many levels. The "King of Pop" is, as he once sang, gone too soon. But he lives, as he always did, in his art.
Over the next few days, since I can't yet release the entire book, I will share excerpts from each album (chapter) of Man in the Music that hopefully opens new windows into his remarkable talent, career, and creative life.

Oh man, thank you! just have to post them here, they are just the most accurates articles on his music...

Here goes number two

Joe Vogel

Author, cultural critic

Michael Jackson: Man in the Music, Part 2 (Morphine)

[This is Part 2 of a series exploring Michael Jackson the artist through his albums and songs. The following excerpt is taken from Chapter 5 of Man in the Music: An Album by Album Guide to Michael Jackson]

People often struggle with allowing artists to grow and evolve. For Bob Dylan it was considered sacrilege by many to pick up an electric guitar; for the Beatles, the shift from sentimental love songs to social statements and psychedelia caused them to lose, in some people's minds, their initial charm and mass appeal. For Michael Jackson, the conventional wisdom meant every album post-Thriller that didn't sound or sell like Thriller was considered a failure; this, in spite of the fact that some of his most significant and challenging work came later. Call it the curse of expectational stasis.

Still, for those who gave Blood on the Dancefloor: HIStory in the Mix a serious listen, it was an impressive record indeed. Containing just five new songs, the album is considered an artistic breakthrough by some. "His singing on the first five tracks of new material has never been so tormented, or audacious," wrote Armond White of Village Voice. "'Blood on the Dancefloor' has the vitality of an intelligence that refuses to be placated. . .[It] is a throwdown, a dare to the concept of innocuous Black pop." In a 1997 review, The New York Times' Neil Strauss concurred: "There is real pain and pathos in these new songs... Jackson's pain is often the world's merriment, and this is probably true of his new songs, which fret about painkillers, sexual promiscuity and public image. In many of them, Jackson seems like the elephant man, screaming that he is a human being... In keeping with Jackson's darker mood, the music has grown more angry and indignant. With beats crashing like metal sheets and synthesizer sounds hissing like pressurized gas, this is industrial funk... Creatively, Jackson has entered a new realm."

In the gritty, haunting "Morphine," Jackson tackles a subject he never had before: drug addiction. To a relentless, industrial funk beat, the singer lashes out in visceral bursts of anger, aggression, and pain. "Is truth a game daddy," he screams out at one point. "To win the fame baby/It's all the same baby/You're so reliable." The rage and disappointment, combined with its ear-assaulting sound (music critic Tom Sinclair described it as "alternating Trent Reznor-style sturm und clang with Bacharachian orchestral pomp"), make for a jarring listening experience, particularly for those accustomed to the breezier melodic pop of Off the Wall and Thriller (though it should be noted that songs like "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" and "Billie Jean" were already beginning to uncover the complexity, paranoia and pain represented in these later tracks). But "Morphine" is best viewed as an experiment -- both sonically and lyrically -- in representing the experience of physical/psychological pain as well as its temporary release via narcotic pain relievers like demerol and morphine (both of which Jackson has been reportedly addicted to, on and off, since the early Nineties).

This experience is also brilliantly conveyed in the song's form: About mid-way through the track, the grating beat subsides, symbolically representing the pacifying effect of the drug. "Relax, this won't hurt you," Jackson sings soothingly from the perspective of the drug.

Before I put it in
Close your eyes and count to ten
Don't cry
I won't convert you
There's no need to dismay
Close your eyes and drift away
Demerol
Demerol
Oh God he's taking demerol
Demerol
Demerol
He's tried
Hard to convince her
To be over what he had
Today he wants it twice as bad
Don't cry
I won't resent you
Yesterday you had his trust
Today he's taking twice as much

Demerol
Demerol
Demerol
Demerol

These verses are perhaps some of the most poignant (and tragic) Jackson has ever sung. Beyond the literalness of the drug itself is Jackson's persistent yearning to escape from pain, loneliness, confusion, and relentless pressure. In this brief interlude he beautifully conveys the soothing, seductive, but temporary release from reality. There is a sense of pleading, of desperation, before the high abruptly ends, and the listener is slammed back into the harsh world of accusations and anguish. Sputnik Music described this musical sequence as a "moment of absolute genius." The song, written and composed entirely by Jackson, is one of his most experimental and brilliant creations. It is a confession, a personal intervention, a witness, and a warning.

[Note: This analysis of "Morphine" was written before Michael Jackson's death. It becomes all the more tragic given reports that narcotics like demerol and morphine may have contributed to his passing.]

(Copyright by Joseph Vogel, from Man in the Music: An Album by Album Guide to Michael Jackson)

Last edited:

and here is the last part number three (thank you for all these 3 articles babykinsilk05;2516996)

Joe Vogel
Author, cultural critic

Michael Jackson: Man in the Music, Part 3 (Three Hidden Gems)

[This is Part 3 of a series exploring Michael Jackson the artist through his albums and songs. The following excerpts are taken from Man in the Music: An Album by Album Guide to Michael Jackson]

I Can't Help It -- (from Off the Wall)
The emotional ending to "She's Out of My Life" sets the stage for the lush disco-jazz odyssey that is "I Can't Help It." Composed by friend and mentor Stevie Wonder, this ethereal gem is a critical favorite, though still largely unknown by the public. Some claim it is not only one of the best tracks from Off the Wall, but Jackson's entire catalog. "I just love the bass line and chords of that song," says singer Alicia Keys. "It just puts you in an immediate zone--that yearning and that desire in his voice."

Stevie Wonder himself was blown away by Jackson's interpretation of the song: the flawlessly smooth delivery, brilliant harmonies, and variety of vocal twists, syncopation, and even scatting. The jazz-rooted Quincy Jones ensured the production was equal to Jackson's talent. From its bubbling opening chords, the song moves with the fluidity of a dream. "Floating just above a lush bed of organ and bass," writes Rolling Stone's J. Edward Keyes, ["Jackson] takes his time on this one, making its pleasures simple but irresistible." "Looking in my mirror," he sings. "Took me by surprise/I cant help but see you/Running often through my mind." Jackson allows the endings of words to take off, as if soaring through the imagination.
The song is about a lover ("an angel in disguise") who has enchanted the singer. "Love to run my fingers/Softly while you sigh," Jackson tells her. The understated, but sensual lyrics float on the melody, rendering the weightless feel of being in love. Finally, towards the end of the song the lyrical descriptions dissolve into wordless exultations, perhaps signifying the joy of intimacy that simply can't be expressed in language.

"I Can't Help It" is the result of two of the most talented musicians in history at the top of their games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnhWML43NI8&feature=player_embedded

Human Nature -- (from Thriller)
"Human Nature" is synth-pop at its finest. "Simple, stark, quiet and beautiful," writes music critic J. Edward Keyes, " Jackson himself once described it as "music with wings," and indeed the singer's smooth voice seems to float effortlessly over its lush synthetic strings. An early version of the song was sent to Quincy Jones by the musical group Toto. Jones left the tape running until it reached an instrumental version of the track which he immediately fell in love with and brought to Jackson. "He and I both agreed that the song had the prettiest melody we'd heard in a long time," recalled Jones (197).

In its 1982 review the New York Times called "Human Nature" Thriller's most "striking" song: "This is a haunting, brooding ballad by Steve Porcaro and John Bettis, with an irresistible chorus, and it should be an enormous hit." In its 2003 review Slant Magazine concurred, calling the track "probably the best musical composition on the album and surely one of the only A/C ballads of its era worth remembering." Rolling Stone called it "beautifully fragile...open and brave."

Easily one of Jackson's best vocal performances, the song is further enhanced by it's subtle, intriguing lyrics: "Looking out/ Across the nighttime," Jackson sings, "The city winks a sleepless eye/ Hear her voice/ Shake my window/ Sweet seducing sigh. . ." The imagery throughout conjures the magic of a city at night; a young man, as if walking in a dream, is both observed (by "electric eyes") and observes ("she likes the way I stare"). Everything is experienced in a sort of fascinated detachment but he seems to yearn for something more intimate. If this town is just an apple," he tells himself, "Then let me take a bite."

Jazz legend Miles Davis covered the song for his 1985 album You're Under Arrest; it has also been sampled or covered by numerous others including Boyz II Men, Ne-Yo, and SWV. "Human Nature" was the last song included on Thriller, replacing "Carousel."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T1E1aI95Ro&feature=player_embedded

Liberian Girl -- (from Bad)
Once Jackson has successfully sped the listener out of society's world of control, discrimination, hypocrisy and limitations [in "Speed Demon"], we are suddenly transported into the faraway, primal jungles of Africa. The juxtaposition is striking (and quite bold and artistic for an album accused of being commercially calculated). The sounds shift from mechanical to natural as the noises of engines dissolve into the distant cries of birds and animals. For Jackson, this imagined Africa seems to represent a purer, simpler, richer world. It is as if he is returning to the birthplace of music's origins to explore what it can teach us, to recover some essence that has been lost. In this way, "Liberian Girl" seems to be as much a love song to Africa and what it signifies as it is to any one woman.

The song begins with the beautiful Swahili intro (spoken by Letta Mbulu), "Naku penda piya, naku taka piya--mpenziwe (which translates: "I love you too, I want you too--my love). The lush arrangements, including deep drum sounds and exotic instruments, beautifully support Jackson's passionate, yearning vocals, which are arguably his best since "Human Nature." Indeed, like "Human Nature" on Thriller (and "I Can't Help It" from Off the Wall) "Liberian Girl" is the hidden gem on Bad, often overlooked on an album of numerous well-known hits. The song is yet another "dream capsule," a cinematic fantasy in which Jackson transports the listener to a vivid paradise of possibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm2BsOnAYcM&feature=player_embedded

Most definitely I need the physical CDs for when I'm in the car. :lol: Because I refuse to listen to 2010 music on the radio. No sir I will not. :lol: I know ppl call themselves fans, but don't purchase the albums. I can understand it cuz looking at it both ways I do the same with other artists.1) I LOVE Beyonce and a big fan, but I will never purchase one of her albums. I just don't feel like her music is good enough for me to go out an buy it. I'll purchase tickets to her show, before I buy one of her albums. And I know other Mike fans do the same thing as well. 2)We're all guilty of calling ourselves fans of other artists but don't support them by going out and purchasing the album. So imo, it works both ways. 3)You can't get the full experience without understand an artists true talent. The CD booklets tell you so much about what the artist did behind the scenes (in the studio) and that is a REAL display of talent. Not just going in a booth and singing what you're given. That's not being an artist imo.

And an artists best work is very rarely ever their best seller, i.e. OTW, Velvet Rope, Like A Prayer, Whitney Houston, Butterfly, and many many more. 4)You can't be happy as an artist if you're not happy with yourself. And that's what let to Mike's unhappiness at times. That man didn't want to tour. And he said it. It was just too much stress. Like Janet said,"there's nothing more depressing than having everything, and still feeling sad."
1) same thing with the exception that im wouldnt consider myself a fan fan, like a real fan (there are very few im fan of), i wont buy her albums, i really like her music, but im not that interested...:smilerolleyes:

2) Well, i wouldnt call myself guilty cause i dont consider myself a fan if im not interested enough to buy the album, read the booklet and just see what its all about. But its very right what you say... totally.

3) EXACTLTY RIGHT, fully agree:agree:

4) You said it all there, you have to folow your heart, which what he always did except this time (still dont know how he agreed, i guess cause of the money troubles but we will not know yet)
Michael didnt wanted to tour, he just blinded himself thinking he did wanted to, but he's been saying he didnt wanted to tour since 2001...

Back