Martin Bashir Leaves ABC for MSNBC .HUH ?

ruchie

Proud Member
I just foundout that Martin Bashir,The Backstabbing SOB is leaving ABC Nightline and 20/20 to go to MSNBC.

Is there anyone annoyed at the fact That MSNBC is thinking about Hiring Martin Bashir ? I am,Remember what Happened to MJJ because of him.
He should go back to ENGLAND and ruin somebody elses life. I'll never forgive him for what he has done to Michael. Michael would still be with us if it wasn't for him. I don't care if they showed the Edited Version of his LWMJ. It still stinks of high hell. It seems like before and even after his death, Michael seems to make people famous. Remember Carlson Daily has his own show after he interviewed MJ in November 2001.:mello:

That's not nice.

Would Like Me To Rephrase that ? Let Him Find someother place to ruin someone elses life.I Will Not Watch Him and I still don't condone what he had done to Michael. Bashir is still here and Michael isn't.He's gone and while he was alive. Even after the not guilty verdict, Michael was still haunted by what Bashir did to him. This and Conman Conrad Murray still able to practice his Medical practice to continue to pay Child support and his lenders ,ect... If Michael was convicted of a crime, Michael would have been in jail unable to pay his debts. :bugeyed Go figure.Still no Justice for MJ.

How is it that I can be unemployed for 18 months with 10 years of computer programming experience but yet he doesn't seem to have a problem with employment?

I totally agree with what you had said ruchie. And I am glad that he is leaving ABC if this is hopefully true. Maybe I can finally enjoy watching Niteline without having to get really angry on the nights when he is the host of the show. I still haven't forgive or forgotten what that back stabbing s.o.b. did to my beloved Michael. And I will never ever forgive him for that. But what I really hate is that why does he have to still be on tv. MSNBC will lose themselves a viewer if they hire that a-hole. Even though I only watch their station on the weekends sometimes. But I know Michael would still be with us if it wasn't for that guy. I just hope that the good Lord would give him his most deserving punishment when he goes. Which is to spend an entire eternity in Hell.

And even worse, he will be reporting for "Dateline NBC."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100722/ap_en_tv/us_tv_bashir_nbc

Thu Jul 22, 1:18 pm ET

NEW YORK – ABC News' Martin Bashir is leaving his post at "Nightline" to be an anchor for MSNBC and a contributor to "Dateline NBC," the network announced Thursday.

Beginning in September, Bashir will anchor a daily afternoon program on MSNBC in addition to reporting for "Dateline NBC."

In an e-mail to his "Nightline" colleagues, Bashir said he plans "to work in both daily and long-form journalism" at his new job.

MSNBC president Phil Griffin said Bashir "fits in with what MSNBC wants to be: He's smart, original and thoughtful."

Bashir joined ABC's newsmagazine "20/20" in 2004. Before that, he was a London-born journalist who won attention for documentaries including "Living With Michael Jackson," which aired on ABC in 2003, and an exclusive interview with Princess Diana in 1995.

Also on Thursday, ABC News announced that Bill Weir, who co-anchors the weekend edition of "Good Morning America," will join "Nightline" alongside current co-anchors Terry Moran and Cynthia McFadden. They, with Bashir, made up the original three-host team that replaced Ted Koppel in 2005.

In an e-mail to staff Thursday, ABC News president David Westin said Weir "has done some of our most innovative reporting from every conceivable venue, both as co-anchor of weekend GMA and for all of our other programs and platforms."

And even worse, he will be reporting for "Dateline NBC."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100722/ap_en_tv/us_tv_bashir_nbc

Thu Jul 22, 1:18 pm ET

NEW YORK – ABC News' Martin Bashir is leaving his post at "Nightline" to be an anchor for MSNBC and a contributor to "Dateline NBC," the network announced Thursday.

Beginning in September, Bashir will anchor a daily afternoon program on MSNBC in addition to reporting for "Dateline NBC."

In an e-mail to his "Nightline" colleagues, Bashir said he plans "to work in both daily and long-form journalism" at his new job.

MSNBC president Phil Griffin said Bashir "fits in with what MSNBC wants to be: He's smart, original and thoughtful."

Bashir joined ABC's newsmagazine "20/20" in 2004. Before that, he was a London-born journalist who won attention for documentaries including "Living With Michael Jackson," which aired on ABC in 2003, and an exclusive interview with Princess Diana in 1995.

Also on Thursday, ABC News announced that Bill Weir, who co-anchors the weekend edition of "Good Morning America," will join "Nightline" alongside current co-anchors Terry Moran and Cynthia McFadden. They, with Bashir, made up the original three-host team that replaced Ted Koppel in 2005.

In an e-mail to staff Thursday, ABC News president David Westin said Weir "has done some of our most innovative reporting from every conceivable venue, both as co-anchor of weekend GMA and for all of our other programs and platforms."

Well there goes one of my favorite news shows to watch. But what I don't get is that he's smart and thoughtful thing. If he is smart and thoughtful then why wasn't he that to Michael then?

he must quit this job...
he must vow not do it again...
he must stop ruining people's life...
he must start to pray to God to be forgiven...

but i know he will never be able to do these things, because he doesn't have a heart.

on the toher hand, there are billions of people praying to God will punish him, both in this world and Hell.

i don't care what he does, he's on that or this TV. It's not important. just go away Michael and his family!!!!

ps:sorry for my English friends, i want to write many things but my poor English don't let me :(

Bashir ABC and NBC and msnbc can all go to hell. the media can go to hell. i'm sure all the other networks would hire him, too.(MJ never had any debts. that media has just been trying to convince people, he did)

Bashir should have been disbanded, never allowed to report news or otherwise ever again. He breached his ethical responsibilities as a reporter and sold his soul. It says something about MSNBC doesnt it?

He should go back to ENGLAND and ruin somebody elses life.

No..........we don't want him here............

Throw him in prison for what he did.................

.........and if they don't want him, throw him in the sea!!!!!!!!!!!

he must quit this job...
he must vow not do it again...
he must stop ruining people's life...
he must start to pray to God to be forgiven...

but i know he will never be able to do these things, because he doesn't have a heart.

on the toher hand, there are billions of people praying to God will punish him, both in this world and Hell.

i don't care what he does, he's on that or this TV. It's not important. just go away Michael and his family!!!!

ps:sorry for my English friends, i want to write many things but my poor English don't let me :(

Your English is just fine, I agree with every word you wrote. Too bad Bashi*s brain tumor isn't more aggresive.

Too bad Bashi*s brain tumor isn't more aggresive.

Okay, I'm sorry but I find this comment ignorant. I know we hate Bashir and everything, but to wish the tumor would be more aggressive is just being disrespectiful and rude.

I hate this guy with every fiber in my being, but I would NEVER wish for his tumor to be worse. No one deserves to have a life threatening illness worsened. I'd rather see him lose his job as a journalist and the only job he can get is scooping animal crap.

Last edited:
BASHIR going from network tv to cable is like a big demotion. MSNBC is throwing every thing at the wall to improve their non existent ratings.

well dateline is on network tv, and now he'll be ubiquitous on the internet, too, so we'll see even more of him.

Okay, I'm sorry but I find this comment ignorant. I know we hate Bashir and everything, but to wish the tumor would be more aggressive is just being disrespectiful and rude.

I hate this guy with every fiber in my being, but I would NEVER wish for his tumor to be worse. No one deserves to have a life threatening illness worsened. I'd rather see him lose his job as a journalist and the only job he can get is scooping animal crap.

You are absolutely entitled to dislike or take offense to my comment, but I promise you it was not said in ignorance--I know what I'm saying and I mean it. Bashir presented a friendly, sympathetic face to Michael and his children, then deliberately and with malice edited and narrated the piece to portray MJ as creepy and wierd, and Neverland as a trap. This led directly to the Arviso trial and Bashir hid behind California's Sheild Law when he took the stand--he said not one word, even though MJ faced 20 years in prison and the loss of his children. For those who blame MJs death on doctors abusing prescription practices, who made those doctors necessary? Martin Bashir.

....he said not one word, even though MJ faced 20 years in prison and the loss of his children.

And then the unscrupulous vile mass of dog vomit had the nerve to go on air after Michael's death and say he saw nothing inapporpriate.

I believe too much in karma to every wish death or serious illness on anyone, but I so hope he falls on his face professionally and nobody ever hires this piece of scum again.

I want Countdown's Keith Olbermann to comment on this..Who knows,He might be takeing his job soon. Bashir is trying to be slick I know that When Olbermann did his Pupert theater on Michael's trial from 2003-2005,Somefolks didn't like it too much but at least He was trying to be entertaining and factual.I think Mr. Olbermann and others who work for NBC and MSNBC can't comment about it but I know Gerado might and He Works for Fox News. If He Loves Michael ,he would be furious and Have something to say on his Show tonight about 10pm on The Fox News Channel. Continue to show your disgust for this Man with no Heart or Soul and Complain to MSNBC to try and stop this from Happening. By the way,Thanks for your comments on this thread. I'm enjoying every word you said . TRUE MJ FANS WILL ALWAYS STAND UP FOR THE TRUE KING OF POP.

I want Countdown's Keith Olbermann to comment on this..Who knows,He might be takeing his job soon. Bashir is trying to be slick I know that When Olbermann did his Pupert theater on Michael's trial from 2003-2005,Somefolks didn't like it too much but at least He was trying to be entertaining and factual.I think Mr. Olbermann and others who work for NBC and MSNBC can't comment about it but I know Gerado might and He Works for Fox News. If He Loves Michael ,he would be furious and Have something to say on his Show tonight about 10pm on The Fox News Channel. Continue to show your disgust for this Man with no Heart or Soul and Complain to MSNBC to try and stop this from Happening. By the way,Thanks for your comments on this thread. I'm enjoying every word you said . TRUE MJ FANS WILL ALWAYS STAND UP FOR THE TRUE KING OF POP.

OLBERMANN won't bite the hand that feeds him. If BASHIR was a right wing lunatic you know OLBERMANN would be foaming at the mouth. The media don't eat their own.

I won't waste one moments worry on BASHIR. He is irrevelant. Don't see his media bretheren breaking down his door every time MJ is headline news.

When MJ passed and BRIAN OXMAN was all over the media OBERMANN was the only reporter to question OXMAN'S credibility.

Last edited:
i heard that time warner cable is having a standoff with abc here in california. karma is a bitch. i of course will choose time warner over abc, anytime. by two networks hiring bashir, they have proved that they are unrepentant, unapologetic, and still hateful toward Michael, and still threatened by him. so, i will continue to see the media as the enemy.

Back