Latoya 'proud' of MJ's kids/reveals Prince's Hollywood plans

AngieJ

Proud Member
La Toya Jackson Is 'Proud' Of Michael Jackson's Kids For 'Adjusting So Well'; Reveals Prince Michael's Hollywood Plans

Following the untimely death of their famous father, Michael Jackson's three children are all "doing well" according to La Toya Jackson, the late King of Pop's sister.

"They're doing really fine. I'm very proud of them and very happy and excited that they have adjusted so well," La Toya told Billy Bush and Kit Hoover of Prince Michael, 14, Paris, 12, and Prince Michael II ("Blanket"), 9, during an interview on Access Hollywood Live on Friday. " It can be challenging and interesting, but they have done a marvelous job of adjusting and I'm very happy. They're all doing well."

The proud aunt also revealed that Michael's eldest son, Prince Michael, has his sights set on Hollywood.

"Two weeks ago when I was with Prince he told me, 'I want to be an actor. I want to start acting.' I go, 'You're kidding. You do?'" La Toya told Billy and Kit. "I said, 'How do you plan to do that?' He said, 'Well, I'm going to get a coach and start acting. Then I'm going to get an agent and I know who I want my agent to be.'

"He went on and on. I said, 'OK, I'll support you - whatever you want to do," La Toya added.
La Toya is in the midst of her own Hollywood adventure - having signed on for Donald Trump's fourth season of "The Celebrity Apprentice."
"This show is going to be the best season that [Trump] has," La Toya smiled. "You're dealing with big personalities and everybody - they want to be that forefront... they do things their way.

"There's a lot going on in this season and you will see it," she added.
One of those "big personalities" appears to be La Toya's "Apprentice" castmate, NeNe Leakes (of "Real Housewives of Atlanta" fame), who bares her claws right off the bat.

"[NeNe] does come after me," La Toya told Billy and Kit. "It's something that we can't really go into details of... yet... but yes, she does come after me!"

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/la-toya-j...reveals-prince-michaels-hollywood-plans/57808

I don't know if I like LaToya saying how fine and great they are doing. I am happy they are adjusting to life without their Dad, but the way LaToya talks you would think they have forgotten MJ and are just moving on all happy and delighted. She is starting to give me bad vibes again

I don't know if I like LaToya saying how fine and great they are doing. I am happy they are adjusting to life without their Dad, but the way LaToya talks you would think they have forgotten MJ and are just moving on all happy and delighted. She is starting to give me bad vibes again
So you'd love to hear that they cry every day and they feel miserable?

Are you going to be mad at the kids for going out with friends, smiling at events and having a happy life years after their father passed?

I don't know if you have ever lost someone but when a loved one dies, even though you miss them and hurt your life goes on. The best things is to keep them in your heart and you have to live your life, that doesn't mean you are happy that they are gone or that you forget about them. Jackie said they talk about their father all the time, they have his pictures on their walls and are surrounded by his aura, be happy that they are adjusting well.

La Toya strikes again.:puke:

I know.... I wish she would go and fight for justice for her brother instead of promoting her appearance on Celebrity Apprentice. In about 20 minutes she's going to be on Joy Behar that will be a joke.

So you'd love to hear that they cry every day and they feel miserable?

Are you hgoing to be mad at the kids for going out with friends, smiling at events and having a happy life years after their father passed?

I don't know if you have ever lost someone but when a loved one dies, even though you miss them and hurt your life goes on. The best things is to keep them in your heart and you have to live your life, that doesn't mean you are happy that they are gone or that you forget about them. Jackie said they talk about their father all the time, they have his pictures on their walls and are surrounded by his aura, be happy that they are adjusting well.

I didn't say that.. I said LaToya needs to calm down all the joy. The kids lost their only parent there is no way they've fully recovered and are all joyous and delighted as LaToya is making them out to be. They didn't lose their Dad, their Dad was killed/murdered and his killer has not been brought to justice. There is absolutely nothing to be overjoyed about, so LaToya should stop the fakeness that is all I'm saying.

I didn't say that.. I said LaToya needs to calm down all the joy. The kids lost their only parent there is no way they've fully recovered and are all joyous and delighted as LaToya is making them out to be. They didn't lose their Dad, their Dad was killed/murdered and his killer has not been brought to justice. There is absolutely nothing to be overjoyed about, so LaToya should stop the fakeness that is all I'm saying.
Please stop it, they're fine we have seen it and heard it ourselves. Remember when Michael was going through that grueling case in 2005, media scrutiny and when reporters would ask Michael how he was he would smile and say he was fine? or when paps questions celebrities in the street when they're going through a divorce or some family issues they smile and wave to the fans? My point is we know they miss their father, we know they aren't skipping through a field of flowers but they are doing well, they're adjusting and planning their futures. There is alot to be happy about, the fact they they're living,that they aren't orphans in a 3rd world country with nothing but the clothes on their backs, that they may have joined some activites in school, they may have found some new friends. I know they want jsutice for their father but their lives shouldn't stop because of the trial.

Last edited:
You guys don't need to be responding to each others posts all the darn time, you know where you all stand so why keep doing this back and forth, this is why these threads keep getting derailed and filled with uneccessary drama.

Just learn to ignore some posts.

The proud aunt also revealed that Michael's eldest son, Prince Michael, has his sights set on Hollywood.

"Two weeks ago when I was with Prince he told me, 'I want to be an actor. I want to start acting.' I go, 'You're kidding. You do?'" La Toya told Billy and Kit. "I said, 'How do you plan to do that?' He said, 'Well, I'm going to get a coach and start acting. Then I'm going to get an agent and I know who I want my agent to be.'

Anyway,

This bit is interesting, on the GMA interview and on Oprah Prince stated his interest in being a Director/Producer.....here LaToya is adding actor to his aspirations. He even knows who he wants his agent to be, okay then. Wonder if she meant Paris instead.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I just don't understand how 3 kids who've lost their only parent can be as joyous and delighted as LaToya is claiming. LaToya was supposed to be stopping at nothing to get justice for her brother. She said that last year. What is she doing to seek justice for her brother? I am pleased the kids are not depressed or suffering but LaToya shouldn't be making the loss of their father something that has been forgotten and glossed over.

You guys don't need to be responding to each others posts all the darn time, you know where you all stand so why keep doing this back and forth, this is why these threads keep getting derailed and filled with uneccessary drama.

Just learn to ignore some posts.

Anyway,

This bit is interesting, on the GMA interview and on Oprah Prince stated his interest in being a Director/Producer.....here LaToya is adding actor to his aspirations. He even knows who he wants his agent to be, okay then. Wonder if she meant Paris instead.

that what i was wondering..it was Paris who wanted to be the actress..and Prince wants to be a director....she probably got mixed up.

Yep, when I heard LaToya defending Joe I was really disappointed. Joe is indefensible.. He's over in China somewhere with arched eyebrows waving the peace sign and smiling like a sly fox.. It is just sickening.. Now LaToya is claiming that MJ's kids have just moved right on after their father was murdered as if nothing has happened.

[/B]
this is like gospel hear.....:clapping::clapping::clapping:
thanks thunder!! Isn't it sad what they are doing to "promote" MJs kids and themselves? Their old names? Using the jackson kids to make themselves shine? I don't care if the kids have their heads in the clouds and wanna act! I'd encourage them to goto school and stick to something more realistic! but that is just my PARENTAL view!

La Toya? The same woman who said the children will probably forget about MJ (forget the memories of their father over the time)? That woman?

Ok. I'm just checking.

La Toya? The same woman who said the children will probably forget about MJ (forget the memories of their father over the time)? That woman?

Ok. I'm just checking.

She really said that????

Yep, when I heard LaToya defending Joe I was really disappointed. Joe is indefensible.. He's over in China somewhere with arched eyebrows waving the peace sign and smiling like a sly fox.. It is just sickening.. Now LaToya is claiming that MJ's kids have just moved right on after their father was murdered as if nothing has happened.

No, that's not at all what she said. You are reading too much into things, as usual. I guess LaToya should have said the kids were sad and depressed in order for you to be happy? God forbid if those kids really are doing well. I'm afraid it won't be long before they'll be added to that long list of family and friends you accuse of "not giving a damn about Michael" :smilerolleyes:

She really said that????

I do not remember in which interview. I think it was an interview for ABC (the same about Blanket to be a latin boy, according to her). I'm not sure. But yes, she said that.

This family has no shame in selling children in the name of success.

[/B] that what i was wondering..it was Paris who wanted to be the actress..and Prince wants to be a director....she probably got mixed up.
No she means Prince, if TMZ is correct he recenly auditioned for a part in a school play along with paris. At this age kids are indecisive, he probably wants to act now and do movies later or do both.

Ok. I'm just checking.

I do not remember in which interview. I think it was an interview for ABC (the same about Blanket to be a latin boy, according to her). I'm not sure. But yes, she said that.

This family has no shame in selling children in the name of success.
If you don't have sources why say these thing when most likey you are exaggerating and taking her words out of context.

If you don't have sources why say these thing when most likey you are exaggerating and taking her words out of context.

Then look for the sources. I am not your employee. Everyone knows what this family does and what they have said. Since you love to defend these people, look for her statements.

Wow, how about encouraging them to stay in school and not act or be in movies??? Jeeze... and if toya did say those things above, she's a witch!

Unbelievable how some managed to take the harmless and POSITIVE words from LaToya so out of context and twist her words to suit their agenda against the family.

I lost my father at the age of 12. I still remember the lovely moments I shared with father when I was a girl. Beautiful memory is forever. No one can take that away.

The children are young. They have many wonderful things waiting for them. They need and will move on. I'm happy that the children are doing well and have aspirations. May their lifes filled with joy and laughter.

Then look for the sources. I am not your employee. Everyone knows what this family does and what they have said. Since you love to defend these people, look for her statements.

Not everyone does, we don't all watch their interviews obsessively to see if we can find something to bash them. I'm not a fan of LaToya in the least, and you'll find many of my posts across the board that can attest to that, but I don't believe for a second that she said the kids will forget about their father, at least not in the context you're implying.

It's so sad how "some" MJ fans get upset when people jump to conclusions about Michael without knowing the full story, or believe tabloid articles about him, or judge him based on a misinterpreted remark, yet they are so quick to do exactly that when it concerns people other than Michael. Hypocricy at its finest.

And I'm not saying you can't criticize the family. I've expressed my fair share of criticism for their proven actions as well. I'm not a "JFam worshipper" (which seems to be synonimous with anyone not going along with the "accepted" view around here) but I still grant these people the same courtesy that I want others to grant Michael.

These people as if Michael wasn't one of them, please take your shades off. I defend people who are getting bashed for no reason. You are the one who are making these claim which you can't remember where they're from or exactly what she said. You already have a bitterness in your heart so you will twist quotes to meet your satisfaction.

Unbelievable how some managed to take the harmless and POSITIVE words from LaToya so out of context and twist her words to suit their agenda against the family.

I lost my father at the age of 12. I still remember the lovely moments I shared with father when I was a girl. Beautiful memory is forever. No one can take that away.

The children are young. They have many wonderful things waiting for them. They need and will move on. I'm happy that the children are doing well and have aspirations. May their lifes filled with joy and laughter.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it. Sorry for the loss of your father.

Not everyone does, we don't all watch their interviews obsessively to see if we can find something to bash them. I'm not a fan of LaToya in the least, and you'll find many of my posts across the board that can attest to that, but I don't believe for a second that she said the kids will forget about their father, at least not in the context you're implying.

It's so sad how "some" MJ fans get upset when people jump to conclusions about Michael without knowing the full story, or believe tabloid articles about him, or judge him based on a misinterpreted remark, yet they are so quick to do exactly that when it concerns people other than Michael. Hypocricy at its finest.

And I'm not saying you can't criticize the family. I've expressed my fair share of criticism for their proven actions as well. I'm not a "JFam worshipper" (which seems to be synonimous with anyone not going along with the "accepted" view around here) but I still grant these people the same courtesy that I want others to grant Michael.
:clapping:

These people as if Michael wasn't one of them, please take your shades off. I defend people who are getting bashed for no reason. You are the one who are making these claim which you can't remember where they're from or exactly what she said. You already have a bitterness in your heart so you will twist quotes to meet your satisfaction.

Do not worry. Do you really think I need to twist something???

If some member from that family kill someone, you will say that the weapon is cursed.

Shame.

Yup, we all have our own personal oppinions about Latoya and Jermaine, things that WE see (like how YOU see) and we all don't need to come into agreement over this because it's our own opinion and it's what WE have come to the conclusion of. What i think is sad is them ENABLING that SAME path MJ walked on! It doesn't make you stronger, there is nothing to gain from fame and fortune. NOTHIN. Maybe they do have a story to tell, they should stick to writing school papers and tellin how they're doin in school instead of "Oh!! I'm trying out for a play" dreams aren't meant to be shot but this world focuses WAY to damn much on the WRONG THING.

Thanks. It's okay. My dad died from cancer 18 years ago. I'm 30 now.

Anyway, I just want to say that the children will not forget their father. The love and the memory live forever. I don't talk about my father everyday. But, it doesn't mean I forget about him. After he passed away, I moved on. I went to school. I made friends. I did what other teenager girls did. Of course it hurts to lose someone you love so dearly at such young age, but as the children grow up, they will find the strength to overcome the sadness.

I agree

EDIT: I will like to say that everyone doesn't have to and won't agree with each other. It's just that some try to take everything and turn it into negative for some reason.

Back