Heartbreaking Night. Deer Gets Hit, lives ; Is it 'murder' ?

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Ok so I want to start off by saying that tonight was a very emotional night for me. Long story short, my friend and I were driving & she sees two eyes & a head poke up from the side of the road. She turns around & wants to know if the deer is okay and can run off or if its injured. The deer is scared and obviously, in pain ; he was hit by a car and his back legs were broken or paralyzed. We didn't know what to do - we knew what we had to do. She called police officers and they were dispatched to the area and of course they don't acknowledge at any time, they took care of it so I called several times to ask. At 11:18 pm, I got the news from a dispatcher saying that the officers had already shot the baby deer & put it out. I wept and asked for forgiveness & before that time, I was praying that the deer just go peacefully & was asking for forgiveness.

So my question is, is it 'murder' to let go one of god's creatures? Or was it not a sin ? Can I be forgiven? In a very astonishing twist of fate, as my friend pulled into my driveway, she noticed 2 deer in the woods just across the street of my house & as I walked up the driveway, I knew that my prayers were heard & answered. And, that I was forgiven. I walked up the driveway & saw two adult deer galloping off. I now know, there is a place for people like me in heaven when I am gone.

I'm deeply conflicted. Please explain, if we can't harm God's creatures why did I just have one killed?

Last edited:
It was an accident. Thank God you are ok.

Thank god you and your friend were unhurt Tiffany! But you should not be asking for forgiveness because you did nothing wrong. As mentioned it was a tragic accident which had an unfortunate end after the deer was taken away :( Please don't be hard on yourself.

Ok so I want to start off by saying that tonight was a very emotional night for me. Long story short, my friend and I were driving & she sees two eyes & a head poke up from the side of the road. She turns around & wants to know if the deer is okay and can run off or if its injured. The deer is scared and obviously, in pain ; he was hit by a car and his back legs were broken or paralyzed. We didn't know what to do - we knew what we had to do. She called police officers and they were dispatched to the area and of course they don't acknowledge at any time, they took care of it so I called several times to ask. At 11:18 pm, I got the news from a dispatcher saying that the officers had already shot the baby deer & put it out. I wept and asked for forgiveness & before that time, I was praying that the deer just go peacefully & was asking for forgiveness.

So my question is, is it 'murder' to let go one of god's creatures? Or was it not a sin ? Can I be forgiven? In a very astonishing twist of fate, as my friend pulled into my driveway, she noticed 2 deer in the woods just across the street of my house & as I walked up the driveway, I knew that my prayers were heard & answered. And, that I was forgiven. I walked up the driveway & saw two adult deer galloping off. I now know, there is a place for people like me in heaven when I am gone.

I'm deeply conflicted. Please explain, if we can't harm God's creatures why did I just have one killed?

Your heart won't lie to you, it knows if you did anything wrong or not. Is there anything else that you possibly could have done or was it out of your hands?

Well, murder it was not. In that case the slaughtering of millions of animals daily to eat them would be murder too. And that would be premeditated.

I'm glad you are ok. It's sad still.

thank you everyone. I was praying last night while I was waiting for the police officers & asking for forgiveness & I feel better now. Even after seeing those 4 deer standing in my driveway made my heart flutter. Thanks so much.

Aww.. I'd be thoroughly shaken as well. Thank goodness you both are alright, it certainly wasn't your fault, unfortunately, these kind of accidents are happening often on the road. It certainly wasn't your fault that the baby deer was eventually shot... Maybe he/she was in a terrible condition and the only thing they could do was...to put him/her out so her suffering would cease.

Aww.. I'd be thoroughly shaken as well. Thank goodness you both are alright, it certainly wasn't your fault, unfortunately, these kind of accidents are happening often on the road. It certainly wasn't your fault that the baby deer was eventually shot... Maybe he/she was in a terrible condition and the only thing they could do was...to put him/her out so her suffering would cease.

ya it was paralyzed ; I knew it had to be done.

Back