Wisdom teeth removed

twinklEE

Proud Member
Got 2 of my wisdom teeth removed, I feel like hell, my mouth is hurting so much.. what can I do to lessen the pain except of popping pills?:bugeyed

Last year I got also 2 of my wisdom teeth removed, and the doctor told me to put ice on my cheeks from the outside to get my jaw numb. It helped me a lot.
Hope this can help you a little. And I hope you feel better soon! :flowers:

I remember getting mine removed well, I remember when I woke, it felt like I've been out for 15 minutes, we went back home which is about 4 hours away. I remember I used small garbage pale for the blood, when I got home I got so irritable, it's because of the pain.

Thank you guys for all ur advices and sharing your memories..
Well, I went to the hospital today because I was under unbearable pain, I couldn't handle it anymore and since the doc yesterday didn't give any pain killers, at least not strong ones, I was forced to go there, I got strong pain killers along with antibiotics for my Sinusitis, needless to say I feel better now :)

Hope you feel better soon. I've had that kind of dental pain and it's agony. I recently had a root canal done to SAVE one of my wisdom teeth. My dentist said more and more these days they are trying to save wisdom teeth. She needed to save mine in order to be able to place a bridge later on.

I feel for you...I still have all my wisdom teeth, but I have heard some unbearable stories.

Get well soon...or in the words of Randy Jackson " My condolences!"

Oh man, you're making me scared about getting mine out someday soon! If anything, I think it's better to go through the brief pain and get them taken out rather than living with pain for the rest of your life. My mum didn't get her wisdom teeth out when they started coming through, and now about every few weeks she gets intense pain because of it. Better to get it over and done with!

Hope you feel better soon, and eat lots of ice cream and jelly! I hear it really helps haha!

You can also have pudding too.

Oh man, you're making me scared about getting mine out someday soon! If anything, I think it's better to go through the brief pain and get them taken out rather than living with pain for the rest of your life. My mum didn't get her wisdom teeth out when they started coming through, and now about every few weeks she gets intense pain because of it. Better to get it over and done with!

Hope you feel better soon, and eat lots of ice cream and jelly! I hear it really helps haha!

Thanks kingofdisco, I agree with your view it's better to get them out and get it over with instead of having to live with the pain for your entire life.
I wish I could eat ice cream, but I can't as I got a cold and sore throat.. I will eat jelly though ;)

I feel for you...I still have all my wisdom teeth, but I have heard some unbearable stories.

Get well soon...or in the words of Randy Jackson " My condolences!"
Thank you Memefan!, thank so much, I know wisdom teeth are indeed horrible, if they're taken out, never thought I'd have as many problems as I did/do. Oh and for Randy's words, trust me when it comes to wisdom teeth his words fit right into! lol

Hope you feel better soon. I've had that kind of dental pain and it's agony. I recently had a root canal done to SAVE one of my wisdom teeth. My dentist said more and more these days they are trying to save wisdom teeth. She needed to save mine in order to be able to place a bridge later on.

Thanks Suzynyc

You can also have pudding too.

Thanks Pop. I'll keep that in mind

And yes, I do feel way better today than how I felt these past 4 days :)

Got 2 of my wisdom teeth removed, I feel like hell, my mouth is hurting so much.. what can I do to lessen the pain except of popping pills?:bugeyed

OMG really? Well I gotta get 4 taken out soon this month!:bugeyed: Can only imagine how excruciating it'll be!

I had mine taken out a while ago. They were under the gums, and growing toward my other teeth, so they had to come out. The doctor gave me some powerful painkillers, but they just made me sick so I stuck to OTC painkillers after the first two days. Ice packs helped, too.

4u_n_4me - don't worry, the pain will go away. I think I had mine done on a Friday, and I was back at work on Monday. I wasn't totally pain-free by Monday, but I was able to work.

I was so nervous about getting mine out! The top two were already in and the bottoms, the gums had opened up but my teeth were sort of coming in sideways. Luckily, I was still able to get novocaine instead of being put to sleep. Mine actually didn't hurt as much as I thought they would! I guess it just depends on the person and whether or not your teeth are impacted.

Sorry you're still having trouble! Hope you feel better soon! :)

Back