Anyone else extremely frustrated with the fact Murray won't testify?

ForeverKOP

Proud Member
ARRRRRGGGHHH!! :angry: THIS IS MADDENING! He knows things none of us do & surely he would have blurted many secrets while crumbling under the pressure the prosecution would have undoubtedly put on him...this would have been the final chance to ask him why he did what he did, how he did what he did, and most importantly WHAT HAPPENED TO MICHAEL?!?! He wouldn't be able to hide from ANYONE on the stand, he'd be raw & live & maybe we'd actually get the TRUTH for once! Apparently he didn't wanna share the truth...COWARD. He knows what he did was horrifyingly WRONG & that not even he can defend himself... Still...I wanted to hear from his own mouth - WHAT. HAPPENED. TO. MICHAEL. The police recording/interview is a different story...this would have been him LIVE AND UNCENSORED. He's lucky he had the right to decide...

:mat:

he would have lied.

and we heard dr. white repeat what he said "mj had stashes of propofol" and "he left a full syringe". he would have blamed the "addict" MJ.

Im glad he didnt. if he put on a performance the jury might have bought it. thats to much of a risk for me. we have seen some of his claims through white

I can barely stand to look at him and to hear him speak makes me cringe. I don't want to hear his lies but I can understand why some would want to see him on the stand.

I completely agree with you ForeverKOP I really wish he was gonna testify but then again it'd probs mostly be lies

@ElusiveMoonwalker I don't think so. Walgren would have chewed his ass up so bad his mama would have felt it. I personally thought Flanagan was nuts for even suggesting Murray take the stand. He's seen enough of Walgren by now to know that it would have been a complete disaster to send Murray up there. Chernoff had the right idea regarding doing what is best for the defence--Flanagan's botched it so bad, it's no wonder Chernoff got pissed at him.

I personally would have liked to see Murray get his ass handed to him on the stand.

It is better this way. I believe in dr. Shafer's and Alberto Alvarez testimonies. And I think that's how MJ died.

I don't think it would have been worth it, the lies he would have told on Michael from direct testimony, the prosecutor would'nt go after thoes lies they would have been out there. he will write a book. cm is not be trusted. i think he is an out and out murderer. he needs to be investigated starting from were he was born.

I admit I was just a tad disappointed (yet not surprised) to hear he would not take the stand, I was curious what he would say. But it's best for everyone that he no longer speaks as he is a compulsive lair.

I feel the same! I wish he was put on the stand, let him try and spread his poison to the jury, I'm sure they would see straight through it! Not even those fake tears were convincing, I just hope justice is served as it should!

I don't think it would have been worth it, the lies he would have told on Michael from direct testimony, the prosecutor would'nt go after thoes lies they would have been out there. he will write a book. cm is not be trusted. i think he is an out and out murderer. he needs to be investigated starting from were he was born.

LOL how is knowing where he was born of any relevance? xDDD

He didn't testify because he would have lied under oath and he knows this. I believe this is why most (not all, most) defendants don't testify in court. Because you cannot lie. You swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Murray definitely would not have done this. He's scared as it is and needs to save his butt. He's going to leave it up to his attorneys because the prosecutors would tear him apart if he went up on the stand.

It certainly would have been interesting, though, given that if he had testified, he'd tell the whole truth on what happened. But I think what we hear in this case is going to be as close as we are going to get as to what happened, unfortunately.

Justice for Michael. :heart:

He didn't testify because he would have lied under oath and he knows this. I believe this is why most (not all, most) defendants don't testify in court. Because you cannot lie. You swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Murray definitely would not have done this.

Actually, no. Most defendants do not go on the stand because it'd be overwhelmingly easy for a good lawyer to trick them into saying something incriminating about themselves with oddly-worded questions. Therefore, good lawyers would not let a defendant ever take the stand unless they judged potential testimony as absolutely necessary and well worth the potential backlash. Of course, some of them, Murray most likely among them, would do nothing but lie their asses off even while under oath. But, the fact remains that this is all strategy, and having a defendant testify before the court is definitely one of those "last resort" moves.

Chernoff clearly did not think it would be necessary for Murray to testify, and I agree with him. Any action Murray takes while under oath could prove fatally dangerous to the defence and its case, and thus would not be worth taking the risk simply to exhibit him. That's why I thought it was crazy of Flanagan to suggest Murray take the stand--that'd be practical defence suicide. Murray already pretty much incriminated himself via his police interview... speaking in court and answering the questions of a clever lawyer like Walgren would sink him in a hole he would have no hope of escaping, and he would never live it down esp. if he ends up convicted.

Way to go, Flanagan. Brilliant idea if ever I heard one. He should have gone, dammit. Make Walgren's life easier.

I reckon murray should haved testified as i can bet that mr walgren would have kicked his butt during cross exmaination

I'm done listening to Murray's lies, first or second hand. I wish we could find out what really happened to Michael, but all we would get is more bullshit.

You saw how coached some of their witnesses were (like White)? Murray would've been coached to death, he would NOT have told the truth about certain things if it made him look incredibly bad, he would have dragged MJ's name through the mud claiming things that no one will be able to confirm or deny (like "MJ did this or he told me that"), etc. etc. Not to mention this would've prolonged the trial, possibly frustrating the jury.

Yes, it would've been a sight to see Walgren crossing him, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it would've been worth it as I don't think we would've gotten a lot of truthful information from him.

I'm not surprised he didn't testify. I have mixed feelings about him not testifying. Yes, I would have loved to have seen Walgren rip into him. On the other hand, could we have really trusted his testimony? He's lied so much, it would be impossible to tell when he's telling the truth. Also I can't stand even looking at him, so...

I didnt expect him to testify anyway. Especially after the way Walgren destroyed White. Murray doesnt have the guts to face him and he cant be defended anyway.I agree with Ivy, Murray would have lied, and probably shed a few crocodile tears. We will never know what happened that morning.

I didnt want him to testify - He wouldnt tell the truth anyway and I dont want him to try and bring any sympathyto himsef by saying how much he loved Michael or any other bla bla bla - in fact I cant stand hearing his whiney voice.

@ElusiveMoonwalker I don't think so. Walgren would have chewed his ass up so bad his mama would have felt it. I personally thought Flanagan was nuts for even suggesting Murray take the stand. He's seen enough of Walgren by now to know that it would have been a complete disaster to send Murray up there. Chernoff had the right idea regarding doing what is best for the defence--Flanagan's botched it so bad, it's no wonder Chernoff got pissed at him. I personally would have liked to see Murray get his ass handed to him on the stand.
yes walgren would have chewed him up. but imo it wouldnt be worth the risk of the jury buying his fake tears and it wouldnt be worth all his lies been out in the media imo

Given that it is a defendant's right to remain silent at trial and require the prosecution to prove its case to the required standard of proof, and most defendants exercise that right, I am not in the least bit surprised. Cross-examination by Walgren would have spelled absolute crucifixion for Murray, and Chernoff it seems was acutely aware of how badly it could have gone. Walgren would have had a field day. While that would have been a sight to see, I knew that he'd never seriously testify.

i'm frustrated, cause i want to see his face and eyes when he is lying, and find excuses. i want to see his reaction when walgren smash him, and he dont find words, and the world see how much he is lying.
now, there are again conspiracy. everyone is talking about mj did that to him self. and this is forever. forever!
like with the child molestation. now its another story... michael jackson killed himself. ^^

i'm 1000% sure, if he testifies, walgren smash him, and everyone in the world have a proof and will say... "Hey he killed him!"
this is all so frustrated. :mat:

I didn't expect him to testify, so I'm not frustrated. And besides, why? he would tell a bunch of lies. His version of the facts, not necessarily the truth.

Back