OWN orders La Toya Jackson reality series

Vici

Proud Member
'Life With La Toya' to premiere in 2013

OWN has ordered a reality series that centers on singer La Toya Jackson.
Titled "Life With La Toya," show will give viewers an up close and personal look at Jackson's lifestyle as she juggles the many demands of her famous family, finding time for lifelong friends and dealing with a growing entertainment business empire.

Series, to be produced by World of Wonder with Ja-Tail Television, is set to premiere in 2013. Exec producers are Jackson, Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato, Jeffré Phillips and Charles Cook.

Bailey and Barbato have worked with the cabler before, serving as exec producers on docu "Becoming Chaz" - the transformation of Chaz Bono from a woman to a man.

Jackson is the fifth child of a family that consists of nine siblings.

"I am so pleased to be working with television legend Oprah Winfrey and to be a part of the OWN family," Jackson said. "This will be one of the most exciting adventures of my life."

OWN co-president Sheri Salata said the docuseries had been in development for months, while adding, "We are delighted to work with La Toya to bring this new show to OWN viewers."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118057362.html?cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews

Thank you for finding this. Now we know why she was quiet. Latoya was being paid to be quiet. This contract possibly needed signing or had other conditions so "Miss Let's have Peace" didn't side with Randy or Paris because she has money coming in from other sources and can't show favoritism. So much for reality. Oprah wins again and Michael loses. Even in death he can't catch a break.

Thank you for finding this. Now we know why she was quiet. Latoya was being paid to be quiet. This contract possibly needed signing or had other conditions so "Miss Let's have Peace" didn't side with Randy or Paris because she has money coming in from other sources and can't show favoritism. So much for reality. Oprah wins again and Michael loses. Even in death he can't catch a break.

Pretty sure that her contract requires her to heavily interact with the MJ3. Oprah is using Latoya as a back door to access the MJ3 so she can boost her dismal ratings. DISGUSTING!!!

I have so many questions: Will such a show be successful? I mean, haven't there been many reality shows that have not lasted? What is the dynamic that will keep viewers riveted and wanting to see the show again the next week? Is Latoya well known enough to make people tune in?

Maybe this will be scripted and not real reality tv. Let's see her business, family demands, and longtime friends have to be pretty interesting for that to be the focus of the show. I do not know about family demands, because I thought that most Jacksons stayed away from Latoya.

You best believe if Latoya has a chance to exploiting Michael or his children in her show she will. I cringe to even think what more lies she will make up about him. She has exploited MJ3 in just about every interview she has ever done. I also think something happened to estranged Latoya and Paris relationship. I haven't seen any Auntie Latoya tweets from Paris or Latoya commenting her in a long while now. I want to give her the benefit of doubt but I just don't trust Latoya. Im also very curious about what is meant by family demands ..

I hate her and I don't trust her since she accused him publicly from 1993-1996. I know Michal is the most kindhearted person many of us even seen and forgave her but what she did is absolutely low and unforgiveable.
The fact she has the chance to lie about, exploit her brother and niece and nephews teamed with that gorilla ass sickens me deeply! :puke:

Last edited:
I hate her and I don't trust her since she accused him publicly from 1993-1996. I know Michal is the most kindhearted person many of us even seen and forgave her but what she did is absolutely low and unforgiveable.
The fact she has the chance to lie about, exploit his brother and niece and nephews teamed with that gorilla ass sickens me deeply! :puke:
:hysterical: :hysterical:

Seriously Oprah and her OWN network just highlighted what complete and utter CRAP they are with the news of the INFAMOUS La Toya working for them! Talk about being desperate a$$e$, WOW! :rofl: -_-

Last edited:
Let's see how much ratings this gets the first night. Well Oprah has Paris on in August, and now Latoya. It seems she likes to use Jacksons whenever she needs a boom for her show, but I do not know how much help Latoya can give, unless she trashes her family every episode, and drags Paris along to go shopping on the show.

I just read this on yahoo and everything came together for me, because I just couldn't understand why she wasn't in the middle of all this mess. Now I get it. I don't want to be a Jackson family hater and judge them, but they are just too much for me.

Difficult to know who was more desperate in this relationship - oprah with her failing network needing any type of show to get viewers, or latoya who's idea of nirvana is to star in her own realilty series. They're welcome to each other. And yes, agree with posters, wonder how ppb will be shoehorned into her daily routine. I damn well hope the estate bans any filming for the progs at calabasas - i'd have loved that weitzman letter barring people from ppb's home to have included oprah.

It makes perfect sense to me why LaToya is hooking up with Oprah. After all that is what the Jacksons do: hook up with people who have stabbed MJ in the back. As long as there's money and publicity in it they'll do it. So much for family unity.

Lord... for 60 years you guys still don't get it? It does not matter which Jackson they use. IT WILL GET RATINGS.

The family has been famous for 60 YEARS, and while some of them may not be megastars like Michael or Janet, they will still bring in viewers because they are JACKSONS. You cannot erase 60 years from history. People aren't just going to "forget the Jackson's".

If fact more people will watch the show just to tune in and see "what crazy things will LaToya do next?". Because crazy Jackson drama gets ratings. Boring drama free TV doesn't. So don't be surprised if there's a second season. LaToya was a fan favorite on the Celebrity Apprentice. Welcome to America.

Maybe you're the one who doesn't get it. Most of the people who'll be watching LaToya's show will watch it because she is MJ's sister and wants to hear about him or are hoping his kids will appear on the show.
Not even most MJ fans care what LaToya or the others are doing so why would the rest of the world care?

Maybe you're the one who doesn't get it. Most of the people who'll be watching LaToya's show will watch it because she is MJ's sister and wants to hear about him or are hoping his kids will appear on the show.
Not even most MJ fans care what LaToya or the others are doing so why would the rest of the world care?
Kinda agree. I think even Jermaine brings more excitement to people than La Toya lol

Lord... for 60 years you guys still don't get it? It does not matter which Jackson they use. IT WILL GET RATINGS.

The family has been famous for 60 YEARS, and while some of them may not be megastars like Michael or Janet, they will still bring in viewers because they are JACKSONS. You cannot erase 60 years from history. People aren't just going to "forget the Jackson's".

If fact more people will watch the show just to tune in and see "what crazy things will LaToya do next?". Because crazy Jackson drama gets ratings. Boring drama free TV doesn't. So don't be surprised if there's a second season. LaToya was a fan favorite on the Celebrity Apprentice. Welcome to America.

:hysterical: That bolded part of your post made the rest of it irrelevant. The Jacksons haven't been famous for 60 years. That would date them performing back when Jackie was barely out of DIAPERS (and the rest of the J5 not even born yet).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Jackson

Last edited:
:hysterical: That bolded part of your post made the rest of it irrelevant. The Jacksons haven't been famous for 60 years. That would date them performing back when Jackie was barely out of DIAPERS (and the rest of the J5 not even born yet).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Jackson

HAAAAA true. I always say there is a lot of factual information and documents in this forum. People should really avail themselves of this information in order to do better Michaeling.

elbtj9.gif
emoticons_487_0484.gif

Ratings will be low, the funny part is I bet at least 70% of those who watch it will be those who are criticle about her... 20% just out of wondering what it wud be like... 10% actual interested in Latoya

Many can laugh at her for free when someone uploads it on Youtube! lol Still crazy really..."Legend Toya" and Harpo together...now who would have thunk it? I know an opportunist! -_-

Is this real life? Wait, in La Toya's whacked world she will do anything for a buck. We all know why she isn't siding with anyone because of her and Oprah's "Back Door" access into the family side of things.
Well if I had it my way I would shove one of the camera's up La Toya's "Back Door" and 2 for Oprah's!

Back