Question about the unreleased song "Lucy is in love with Linus"

MusicFan07

Proud Member
Out of all of the unreleased songs by Michael Jackson, this is the one that has got me the most curious. Does anyone have any information on this track? Obviously I know that it has something to do with Charlie Brown but was for it a tv special? Or a soundtrack or something?

Also, the date of the song varies. MJ mentions it in 1993 but on some sites, it's listed as being recorded in 2001. Any information on this song would be greatly appreciated!

Out of all of the unreleased songs by Michael Jackson, this is the one that has got me the most curious. Does anyone have any information on this track? Obviously I know that it has something to do with Charlie Brown but was for it a tv special? Or a soundtrack or something?

Also, the date of the song varies. MJ mentions it in 1993 but on some sites, it's listed as being recorded in 2001. Any information on this song would be greatly appreciated!

Definitely not recorded in 2001.

Yeah I thought for sure that was an error since Michael mentions it in 1993. I hope one day we can get some information on it.

It seems to have been recorded during the years of 'Dangerous' and was intended for the soundtrack of Charlie Brown, but was left out for unknown reasons. Surely they will have to get clearance from the creators of Charlie Brown? or can they release it outright? as Michael wrote & produced it? time will tell, so many other 'Dangerous' outtakes that i would like to hear also.

Which soundtrack was it out of curiousity? I looked online and didn't see any Charlie Brown soundtracks released around that era.

Which soundtrack was it out of curiousity? I looked online and didn't see any Charlie Brown soundtracks released around that era.

I doubt it was intended for anything related to the Peanuts franchise. Something tells me it was one of those songs that was like a joke, or the lyrics weren't exactly about what the title says. Kind of like with "In the Closet"--that phrase is used to describe someone who is gay but not open about it, but the song wasn't about homosexuality at all. I hope I'm making sense... >.>

''Lucy Is In Love With Linus (1990) (Michael Jackson)
Alternative title: Lucy Is In Love With No-one Else
Michael Jackson
Note: The year the song was written and recorded is unproven
(but has to be prior to 1994).
Source: Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993''

Their was a Charlie Brown soundtrack that was released in 1991, entitled 'Quiet As The Moon'

I'm sure you're right Zakk but I thought this song was recorded around Off The Wall, pre Thriller. I thought it was recorded around the time he redone the song Lowa and wrote other songs like Llama Lola, Somewhere in Time and Far Far Away.

Shouldn't it be Sally's In Love With Linus? I mean Lucy was Linus' sister lol

Shouldn't it be Sally's In Love With Linus? I mean Lucy was Linus' sister lol

I don't think incest was Michael's intention, surely he means sibling love? or perhaps you're right regarding your alternate title..

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure MJ wasn't talking about incest...just kinda weird to call the song that, especially whenever I watch Peanuts, Lucy and Linus are always fighting. lol The only time I really saw either one of them care for one another was when she went to get him from the pumpkin patch and brought him home and put him to bed. lol

I checked the wiki page, and it didn't say anything else than that it was mentioned by Michael in his '93 deposition. I don't think we'll get any more info about the song any time soon though :/

I don't think incest was Michael's intention, surely he means sibling love? or perhaps you're right regarding your alternate title..

Maybe Michael was exploring new concepts such as incest, It used to be very common to marry cousins in your bloodline to keep money in the family. Maybe also in songs such as Silent Spring themes of incest are being explored because the act is being committed 'silently'*as it is frowned upon in the western world and it is occurring in the spring time.

Last edited:
I presume if this exists then it's a parody of The Beatles' "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"?

I presume if this exists then it's a parody of The Beatles' "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"?

It could be, no one really knows.. i can't see it being released for a while though! i would like it within the next 10 years though

All that is known about "Lucy is in Love With Linus" is that it exists. Michael named it in his 1993 deposition in Mexico, and said nothing more. There is no confirmed date of creation, and anyone who claims otherwise is pulling it out of nowhere.

The "unreleased material" list that's been circulating for several years is full of inconsistencies, and shouldn't be used as proof.

Back