Jackie and Marlon J. interview on Talk täglich Swiss

Annita

Proud Member
Jackie and Marlon Jackson giving a interview in Talk täglich in Swiss, promoting their performance in Art on Ice.

Marlon said Jermaine alone has 9 or 10 kids. I didn`t know having kids is a estamation-number like record-sales, lol.

They are making subtiltles in German about their talk, so you can hear them in English.

The Jacksons in der Schweiz

Die vier Brüder des verstorbenen Sängers Michael Jackson kommen im Februar erstmals in die Schweiz. Im «TalkTäglich» sprechen sie darüber, wie die Musik ihre Familie geprägt hat, erzählen vom tragischen Verlust ihres Bruders und berichten über ihren strengen Vater.

http://www.telebaern.tv/121-show-talktaeglich/7810-episode-the-jacksons-in-der-schweiz​

Thank you, Annita-thoroughly enjoyed the interview. I really love these guys-Marlon, Jackie (and Tito) always come across as personable, friendly, and just pleased to be there-
Great guys. And very talented.

Nice interview! Jackie and Marlon are laid back and gracious during it, even cracking jokes (the one about Jermaine having a "nursery" was on point and funny as hell). So much has changed in the music business from their beginning to today and it isn't all good. Replacing live studio musicians with digital gadgets is more cost effective, but it isn't always sound effective (imho). I'm glad Mike and his brothers had that experience, actually played some of their own instruments from the get-go. Being from the Old School benefits them since they can function in both an analog and digital world and I'm glad the interviewer discussed that with them. :)

I couldn't help but laugh when the interviewer was surprised by Marlon mentioning Jackie could get in some skiing time while they're in Switzerland, then Jackie rattled off the names of places he's been. "You SKI?!" Dude was genuinely amazed by that. It's a reaction I've gotten myself when I visited ski resorts (Vail and Aspen), ice skate or attend ice hockey games; we're black and those activities are something some don't expect us to do and/or like. :hysterical: :lmao: :crackingup:

It helps if one is from a region where snow and ice is a main part of winter. It increases the chance of participating in winter activities (and not costing a fortune.)

Haha, Sheila. Glad you brought that up about the skiing because I raised an eyebrow at that myself and thought the guy seemed pretty shocked and that was definitely a racial stereotype. Like swimming.
They're so cool about it tho. Just take it in stride and naming off the places they ski.
I liked the conversation about analogue vs. digital myself. They're so knowledgeable about music and no one really gives them enough credit for it. And they've worked with the best since childhood and acknowledge it. I love that.

Haha, Sheila. Glad you brought that up about the skiing because I raised an eyebrow at that myself and thought the guy seemed pretty shocked and that was definitely a racial stereotype. Like swimming.
They're so cool about it tho. Just take it in stride and naming off the places they ski.
I liked the conversation about analogue vs. digital myself. They're so knowledgeable about music and no one really gives them enough credit for it. And they've worked with the best since childhood and acknowledge it. I love that.

Barbee, the struggle against the ignorance is REAL, lol! I'm from Michigan and swimming was a required part of our phys ed classes. It's the Great Lakes state; you'd better learn how to swim, lol! Gary, Indiana is on the shores of Lake Michigan and I'm sure the Jacksons went to the beach once in awhile (before the insane fame kicked in), plus they had their own pool when they moved to Cali.

Another promo clip for the trip to Switzerland. This promo was filmed in London before the Hyde Park event.
Just shows how hard it is to get 'in synch', even for long-time professionals :D
(I don't know why it's not in colour...I seem to remember London being in colour that day and not its usual grey self :D Maybe they didn't take this with a colour camera?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkdBHVuACJk&feature=youtu.be

Back