Quote Originally Posted by FullLipsDotNose View Post
PART FOUR

The phone rang. It was early in the morning and I was barely awake. I looked at the display. It was Shaniqua.

"Hi," I greeted her.

"Hey! How are you? Guess what! I'm in NYC and there's a line for special tickets to Morcheeba's concert! First row!"

"Erm... Okay..."

"Why you not excited, man?"

"Eh... I don't know... I guess I'm falling in love with someone... And Morcheeba isn't on my radar anymore... Oh wait - of course I still love Morcheeba!"

She paused.

"Who's that guy?"

"He's... Well... It's a person I've known since childhood. A much older wealthy man. He's fantastic."

"I'd say that it sounds so cliche but that's not feminist."

"He's not a sugar daddy, don't worry."

"Glad to hear that... Hey, I need to finish to get the tickets. Ya still want them?"

"Of course! I'll give you the money once we see each other on campus again, right?"

"Cool. Take care, hun."

"Bye."

Oh my God. If there was no Maestro, I'd be super envious at Shaniqua for hanging out in NYC and getting tickets to anyone's shows. This time, I didn't care. Poor Shan. I hoped she hadn't been upset with me.

Someplace Else looked the same. Lonely, quiet and distant.

When I entered the hall, there was a small hairy spider on the floor.

"Oh you look so cute! Do you bite?"

"She doesn't bite."

It was his voice. He stood right behind me.

"Pet her. She loves it."

I stroke the spider's hair. She didn't run away, surprisingly.

"Is this your pet?"

"Of course! I've got lots of friends!"

I headed towards the computer, but the spider followed me.

"See? She likes you. That's a good sign."

I sat right behind the monitor and the spider began dancing next to my arm. I had to be super careful not to hit her while coding. Luckily, this is task when your run your fingers through the keyboard and the mouse behind.

Oh, did I say mouse?!

This little creature joined the spider in the dance.

"How do you do that?"

"My house is open to everyone. Not just to humans, to any species on Earth."

"What if they eat each other?"

"I don't know. Personally, I'm a vegetarian. I love carrots. I love cooking carrot tagines. Can you bake a carrot cake?"

"Nope. I can't bake at all."

"Great! I'll teach you once you finish the work."

And here we are again at breaking gender stereotypes. A man teaches a woman to bake cakes. But who cares? We obviously love learning from each other.
Will there be more, FullLipsDotNose??