Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 962 Posts

Default Re: Coronavirus Thread

Canada’s increasing new cases by the minute already reaching over 5,000 cases already. That son of b Doug Ford is killing us since we nearly lack health care professionals and already a few of them died from that damned virus. And Trump made everybody so made about he ordered everybody to go to church on Easter, I mean what’s he trying to do? Kill everybody?
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 860
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    And Trump made everybody so made about he ordered everybody to go to church on Easter, I mean what’s he trying to do? Kill everybody?
    Well the only thing Trump cares about is money and pleasing the ignorant masses who swallow everything he says, no matter how insane, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Help Staff help you. Remember:

Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 962 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Well the only thing Trump cares about is money and pleasing the ignorant masses who swallow everything he says, no matter how insane, so I wouldn't be surprised.
    Every government is like that, always leeching people off and braking countless promises. Speaking of, PM Boris Johnson got positive for the virus and PM Justin Trudeau’s wife made a recovery.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

It is now more strict for people to stay in the house in my state. I live in the US. about 163,4793,1465,604 have it and about 3,146 has die. good news though, 5,604 has recover.

in my state about 3,032 has it and 102 has dies. no recovery at all at this time.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

It's getting real bad in New York. bless their souls.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default A Cat In Belgium Tested Positive For COVID-19, But You Shouldn't Panic

Health officials in Belgium say a pet cat appears to have contracted COVID-19 from her owner, though they emphasized human-to-pet transmission seems to be extremely rare.

“Recently, the veterinary medicine faculty in Liège reported that a coronavirus infection has been determined in a cat,” virologist Steven Van Gucht said at a Federal Public Service Health press conference on Friday, The Brussels Times reported. “The cat lived with her owner, who started showing symptoms of the virus a week before the cat did.”

The cat had diarrhea and breathing trouble, and researchers subsequently found the novel coronavirus in her feces. As of Saturday, both cat and owner were reportedly doing well.

“We want to stress that this is an isolated case,” Van Gucht said. “Additionally, in this case, we are talking about a human-to-animal transmission, not the other way around. There are no indications that this is common. The risk of animal-to-human transmission is very small.”
    Those sentiments were echoed by Jane Sykes, chief veterinary medical officer at the University of California, Davis. Cats and dogs, she said, may be “dead-end” hosts for the virus, meaning they could become infected but don’t shed enough of the virus to transmit it to humans other animals.

So far, there are no known cases of pets transmitting the virus to people, but there’s not enough data to tell for sure if that’s possible. But generally, “you’re more likely to get infected from another person,” Sykes told HuffPost.

Previously, two dogs in Hong Kong tested positive for the virus and were asymptomatic. At least one of those dogs tested “weakly positive,” leading some experts to believe the dog could be merely carrying traces of the virus in its nose or fur, rather than being truly infected. But Sykes said the levels of virus found in the cat, plus the cat’s symptoms, suggest true infection, but noted that further tests ― like checking to see whether the cat has developed antibodies for the virus ― are needed.
    “It’s not really very surprising to hear of an infected cat,” she said, explaining that cats and ferrets were able to contract the similar virus that caused the SARS outbreak in the early 2000s. But there was no evidence of cats transmitting that virus to humans. (She also noted that ferrets became much sicker from the virus than cats did.)

That said, the case of the Belgian cat means pet owners and veterinarians should be on the lookout for any possible symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in cats, dogs and other mammals (especially ferrets), Sykes said. And pet owners who have the illness should take precautions to minimize any risks.

Both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Veterinary Medical Association recommend having another person in your household care for your pets if you are sick with COVID-19, if possible. If that’s not possible, wash your hands before and after interacting with pets; regularly wash their bowls, bedding and toys; and wear a face mask if you can.

If a pet has come into contact with an infected person and you’re worried about exposure from the virus surviving on the animal’s fur, some experts suggest bathing pets with species-appropriate shampoo or wiping them down with soapy cloth and water.

Sykes also stressed the importance of the “human-animal bond” and noted that no one should abandon or euthanize their pets out of fears over COVID-19. And she continues to see it as a good thing that so many people are spending their extra time at home with animal companions.

“That would still be strongly encouraged,” she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...ocid=bingcovid

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,425 Posts

This virus is too deadly