"Together Again" by Janet

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
I've always liked this song, but never payed that much attention to it. However, since Michael's passing I've been listening to it all the time. It makes me think of MJ and now I cry and smile too when I hear it, but I think it's a beautiful song. Thanks to Janet for recording and writing this!!! I know it was written for "The Velvet Rope" album for some friends of hers who had passed away from AIDS but I think it's really a lovely song and fitting for MJ now.

I love the lyrics, they make me think of Mike :(

There are times when I look above and beyond
There are times when I feel your love around me baby
I'll never forget ma' baby
(I'll never forget you)

There are times when I feel your love around me baby
I'll never forget ma baby
When I feel that I don't belong
Draw my strength
From the words when you said
Hey it's about you baby
Look deeper inside you baby

(Bridge)
Dream about us together again
When I want us together again baby
I know we'll be together again 'cause

(Chorus)
Everywhere I go
Every smile I see
I know you are there
Smilin' back at me
Dancin' in moonlight
I know you are free
Cuz' I can see your star
Shinin' down on me

(Together again ooh )
Good times we'll share again
(Together again ooh )
That makes me wanna dance
(Together again ooh)
Say it loud and proud
(Together again ohh)
All my loves for you

Always been a true angel to me
Now above
I can't wait for you to wrap your wings around me baby
Wrap them around me baby
Sometimes hear you whisperin'
No more pain
No worries will you ever see now baby
I'm so happy for ma baby

(Bridge)
I dream about us together again
When I want us together again baby
I know we'll be together again 'cause

(Chorus)
Everywhere I go
Every smile I see
I know you are there
Smilin' back at me
Dancin' in moonlight
I know you are free
Cuz' I can see your star
Shinin' down on me

(Together again ooh )
Good times we'll share again
(Together again ooh )
That makes me wanna dance
(Together again ooh)
Say it loud and proud
(Together again ohh)
All my loves for you

There are times when I feel you smile upon me baby
I'll never forget ma baby
What'll I give just to hold you close
As on earth
In heaven we will be together baby
Together again ma baby

(Chorus)x2
Everywhere I go
Every smile I see
I know you are there
Smilin' back at me
Dancin' in moonlight
I know you are free
Cuz' I can see your star
Shinin' down on me

A touching video dedicated to MJ using "Together Again" in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiA06wMPsVE

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh wow. I'm getting teary. I don't think I can watch the video I might lose it. :(

I can't imagine what she must be going through poor thing, she's probably devastated. I read an article this weekend that said that those family members who were closest to MJ are the ones we aren't hearing from and I instantly thought of Janet.

I've been listening to it for the past week. Very fitting. *tears*

Oh wow. I'm getting teary. I don't think I can watch the video I might lose it. :(

I can't imagine what she must be going through poor thing, she's probably devastated. I read an article this weekend that said that those family members who were closest to MJ are the ones we aren't hearing from and I instantly thought of Janet.

I think so too. A few weeks ago, I read an article where someone who got to go to MJ's private viewing was discussing the service. They didn't say too much, but did point out that everyone at MJ's private viewing was talking except for Katherine and Janet :(. The person claimed that Janet was sticking very close with Blanket and that Rebbie was rubbing Janet's back the whole time. They said that Janet and Katherine didn't seem to be taking it well at all. I could only imagine what the entire family is going through, but I feel that those two are taking it worst of all.

I also once read where Janet said she cried during MJ's trial when she was recording the song "Enjoy" for her 20 Y.O. album, so I know she must be so devastated. I feel so bad for all of them. You know how much a lot of us fans are hurting, but it's even worse for his family. They actually knew him. So sad :(.

Aw...I have always loved this song and now as I listen again it's totally bittersweet. Makes me sad...but also turns it around and reminds me that my sadness, and everyone's really - is only a product of our "selfishness" in wanting him here on the physical plane. But he's truly living in spirit... and I don't mean that in some metaphorical "he'll always be in our hearts" kinda way, but in the true literal sense that he is living on "the other side" and is happy.

This part of the lyrics is what really warms my heart:
"Dancin' in moonlight
I know you are free
Cuz' I can see your star
Shinin' down on me"

Guys, that's SO Michael. I'm sure that's exactly what he's doing.
We will all see him again one day...and until then, I'm sure he'll be doing his same ole Michael thang, while being the same carefree, dancing, happy soul that he is. We should do the same. :D

Damn it you guys! I'm in tears right now. Tears! This is all your fault Cinnamon! Amy too! :(

Okay. I'm breathing. I'm getting myself together. **sigh**

I agree, this song is very fitting, and I wonder what Janet feels when she would perform it NOW. The song is very consoling but it also hurts listening to it.

Wonderful, that so many of you feel the same about this song.

OK I hadn't watched the video that Cinnamon posted..and I just did now..and I'm in tears.
It kind of hit me all over again that he's gone....it's so hard to take in :cry:
The clip of Michael near the end of the video in the black hat, where he's smiling and bobbing his head really in sync with the music of "Together Again"....God, that got me.
:(

I thought about this lately. Yep, it's perfect.

(I'm afraid to watch the vid right now, cos I know it'll make me cry again, but I will later...)

Thanks.

I always loved this song. The video reminded me of MJ's Earth Song. I guess cause of the animals and stuff.

They played it on the radio the other day, and it just holds such a different meaning now. I thought of Michael instantly.

Back