• Little bit of both

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters

Amber Dawn

Proud Member
Sorry if this has been asked before.

Are you INDEPENDENT or DEPENDENT??
Or maybe a little bit of both!

I am 25 years old and I am extremely Independent. I live by myself, Love to do things on my own, I love that I can make my own way! I'll ask for help, but I like to do a lot of things on my own. Sometimes I'll get sick and someone will try to be there to help me out - Which I appriciate.. However I'll admit I'm a bit stubborn!! Before I ask for help. I'll try to do it on my own, I've missed opportunities before because I let people do my work for me. That just makes you behind.

Currently in a relationship with a dependent person, I find this very difficult. We've been seeing each other for about 10 months. On my day off from work I'd rather be sitting at home relaxing. He wants to come over and be all clingy. I'm just not into that. I like my space. And when your working 7 days in a row and don't get a break, you should be entitled to some. I'm not saying ALL THE TIME. Cause that will get lonely. He's also living with his parents. Hinted many times he wants to come over my house and stay. But this is something I've been working to hard for. And I'll admit - I'm old fashioned.. I probably don't wanna live with someone unless I'm married :bugeyed

I'm married and my husband works two jobs.
He works for our city's electric company and he's an EMT on the weekends.
I also have two young sons.

I enjoy being by myself. I get to be lazy. I can turn the music up till I feel it in my bones. I can *dance* (imagine Michael drunk trying to perform a concert. That's how I look on a good day. I have no rhythm or skills.) I love to read or watch scary movies. Naps are nice too!
When my husband's home, we don't really spend alot of time doing things together. Kinda nice that I don't have to be glued to him.

Independent....and have always been.

Married, no kids, post graduate college education....husband works outside of the home and I run my own home based business.

We compliment each other but in no way do we "lean" on anyone including each other. Also based on the kind of work he does we are sometimes separated for extended periods of time.

Have to learn how to be a rock and stand tuff. :)

I would say I'm a bit of both. Mentally I'm completely independent. I make my own choises and I feel like no one else has access to my mind.

But in the other hand, my mom just takes so good care of me, that I might just be a little bit dependent on her and her financial help etc. And I still live with my family. But I would like to be completely independent.

totally independant.. lol been on my own from my for years and when im in a realationship.. its equal giving and sharing, if the guy is to controlling or clingy i go nuts....not sure if that makes any sence at all LOL

I am definitely more Independent than Dependant. I don't like asking for help either, but I will if it's necessary.

Overall, I would say I am independent. I am a single Mama, in my own little house with my own business I operate from home. I love having complete control over my life and important decisions. I like to do things myself, so that I know they get done the way I want them to get done.

Relationship wise - I'm a little of both. My only real serious relationship I've been in was a very co-dependent one. But, my last relationship, although it was tough as sh*t...taught me to get past that and have balance. But honestly i've been out of a relationship for so long, I'm not quite sure how I would be anymore!

I would say I'm a bit of both. Mentally I'm completely independent. I make my own choises and I feel like no one else has access to my mind.

But in the other hand, my mom just takes so good care of me, that I might just be a little bit dependent on her and her financial help etc. And I still live with my family. But I would like to be completely independent.

Same here! I'm already 20 but my mum always thinks i'm too young. I always make decisions on my own and I know what's the best for myself but she doesn't understand me. I dont want her babying me all the time it's kinda annoying when she offers too much care.

financially speaking I'm still dependant, but I never have someone to talk to when I make a decision I have to make my own choices I'm used to that, and I always have to keep my problems to myself
at one point I will become completely independent but not yet...I made a lot of sacrifices for the sake of school

for the most part I'm independent but every now and then I'll need some help usually in the form of $$$ lol.

Im Independent as i have to look after myself with no help from anyone my family refuse to suppport me in any way even though im not working :(

I'm independant, I lived by myself a week after I graduated high school, I officially moved in on Canada Day and it's been 4 years now. My house to be my grandmother's house, my mother was raised in the same house and now it's my house now. I hated being alone at first. but I got used to it and I loved it. Nothing but peace and quiet, no one controlling your life and most of all...Privacy.

Back