Last Concert Ever?? This Is It

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I dont know for sure, but was This is It MJ's last tour ever? Then he was to retire???? Caretake for the kids??

I dont know for sure, but was This is It MJ's last tour ever? Then he was to retire???? Caretake for the kids??

I think he would of done London then maybe various other cities round the world. over the next few years maybe. Then as far as touring goes. I think that owuld of been it.

Maybe with the odd performance here and there.

Its funny when you think about it, I remember before he died. I could never imagine him slowing down, and getting to a point where one day he would be unable to do all of his dance moves. Growing old basically, as much as I tried I could never picture him aging like that.

I never thought he would leave us before that could ever happen.

Who can blame him, he had done it all!

It would have been hard for fans to accept and come to terms with, but it would have been great for MJ to relax and be with his kids

He only said they would be his last shows in london. If "this is it" was for the fans,then Michael would have known not all fans could get to london, so he would have wanted to take it elsewhere so all his fans would get a chance to see him. :)

I don't think I've ever heard of an artist announcing that this was their "last show"...and then not doing more shows.

No I mean this was the last tour - not last 1 show lol. He was gonna do the 10 places-- then after that retire and be a stay at home dad?

I don't think I've ever heard of an artist announcing that this was their "last show"...and then not doing more shows.

Exactly. I went to Tina Turner's "Farewell" tour and a few years later, I saw her performing on the Grammy show.

Remember Michael had been home raising his kids for the last, what? - 8 years? I got the idea that This Is It was his last tour or live performance. I think that's what he meant. Who knows if it would have been true, he might have ended up doing something else. I think he had different avenues he wanted to pursue --TV, movies, writing, directing, perhaps acting.

It was going to extend to a world tour after the 50th London show (MJ asked Randy Phillips, "How many shows do I have to do in one city?"), but they were also working on other projects such as Thriller 3D and a new album.

Back