'LaToya Meets Darcus Howe' UK TV alert Nov 24

mjbunny

Proud Member
Ran across this in the tv guide just a few minutes ago. It's on in the UK twice tonight, November 24th (well it's on 4 times if you consider More4+1). Don't know when it was filmed. Anyone else know?

---------------------------------------------------------

La Toya Jackson Meets Darcus Howe

La Toya Jackson faces Darcus Howe and a studio audience in an exclusive interview focusing on whether famous black American families destroy themselves under the pressures of fame.

Nov 24 on More4 from 11:10pm to 11:55pm

Nov 25 on More4 from 02:05am to 02:45am

La Toya Jackson Meets Darcus Howe
La Toya Jackson faces Darcus Howe and a studio audience in an exclusive interview focusing on whether famous black American families destroy themselves under the pressures of fame

Excuse me, but this topic makes no sense to me.

Ok, I'm turning it off now - she's spouting lies about Katherine watching her and Rebbie get sexually abused. Don't know why they had to air this old interview of nonsense.

La Toya Jackson faces Darcus Howe and a studio audience in an exclusive interview focusing on whether famous black American families destroy themselves under the pressures of fame.

:brow:

Ok, I'm turning it off now - she's spouting lies about Katherine watching her and Rebbie get sexually abused. Don't know why they had to air this old interview of nonsense.

So its an old one. Why air it? :smilerolleyes: LaToya must cringe when she thinks about the stuff she was saying back then. Perhaps they should have shown the 20/20 interview with her saying that she had to keep talking s**t about the family otherwise Jack Gordon would beat the s**t out of her.

Yes, it was from around October 1993. It was right after her book came out and Jack Gordon was there as well. :rolleyes: They're doing some kind of marathon of Darcus Howe's documentaries and shows and decided to show the one with the name "Jackson" in it for ratings, I guess.

So don't worry. If you didn't watch this, you didn't miss anything. We already know the stories from LaToya in 1993.

Wow I watched this with an open mouth! i always knew LaToya had released details about the family but I never knew the allegations were THAT serious!! I was in shock watching it. Could anyone shed some light on how long it took for her to be "reinstated" back into the family after saying those things. I mean there not even little accusation they are huge.........:/

Wow I watched this with an open mouth! i always knew LaToya had released details about the family but I never knew the allegations were THAT serious!! I was in shock watching it. Could anyone shed some light on how long it took for her to be "reinstated" back into the family after saying those things. I mean there not even little accusation they are huge.........:/

LaToya made many ugly claims about the family and Michael when she was married to Jack Gordon. She explains in the interview below why she did so and how she came home. She called Katherine and Katherine sent Randy and a cousin to fly over and get her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chw0XySQ6po

Has she ever admitted that her claims were lies, or has she stuck by them?

Well, by explaining that she never wanted to pose for Playboy and that Gordon was beating the hell out of her and forcing her to make those claims, she's isn't sticking by them. She doesn't specifically address all the claims she made in that interview, just the ones that the interviewer asks her.

I remember watch LaToya meets Darcus Howe in 1993, and I watched it last night and still found it very uncomfortable viewing. You can actually see in various codes LaToya was giving in her face that she was saying Michael was innocent of the the false child abuse accusations during this show.

It would be good if they did another LaToya meets Darcus Howe interview to talk about how she was controlled by Jack Gordon and to say lies about Michael, Joesph and Katherine. But I still don't understand why she couldn't have left Jack Gordon sooner.

saw this on the tv guide. wondered if it was the old programe from 93 remember watching it back then.darcus has been around for years. done many programes on cultural issues.

I remember watching this back in 93 when I was just livid with La Toya for adding to the storm that surrounded Michael back then. It was hard stuff to listen to. Now after all these years I wouldnt choose to watch it, and I cant understand why on earth it would be shown now.

Back