So does the DVD REALLY have an extra 3 hours of footage?

*MissChanel*

Proud Member
As Kenny did promise when promoting it.

For those who have the DVD, is there really an additional 2 to 3 hours more footage?

Much thanx :happy:

I got the 2 disc and its all just meeting the band, singers, dancers & the extra footage that was the Dirty Di rehearsal

As Kenny did promise when promoting it.

For those who have the DVD, is there really an additional 2 to 3 hours more footage?

Much thanx :happy:

About that: interviews, behind the scenes, vignettes...

oh, how was the dirty diana rehersal? was it interesting? i herd it was suppoused to be with the bed or someth.

I got the 2 disc and its all just meeting the band, singers, dancers & the extra footage that was the Dirty Di rehearsal

What?!? Dirty Diana rehearsal?!? I wanna see!! I still gotta wait for the DVD

michaels not in any of the dirty di rehearsals but its still entertainig.

he was, they rehearsed it, but they showed like 5 seconds :S

yes, that's true...they do show him...but nowhere near the bed....:no: BUT...it would have been damn hot, judging from the plans they did have for the performance...:heat:

Most of the extras were made up of interviews. A lot of the footage was shown on that VH1 "Making of" show on TII. Any extra footage of Michael was mostly visual, with people talking over it. In my opinion, Kenny was really stretching it when he said there would be an "extra three hours of footage." I don't know what other people were expecting, but I took his words to mean that there would be extra rehearsal footage or performances of songs that did not make it into the movie. There weren't any new songs.

I think you are being kind. My perception is that Kenny was deliberately misleading. His statements gave the impression that there was much more footage of Michael rehearsing than was the case. All to sell more DVD's.

Most of the extras were made up of interviews. A lot of the footage was shown on that VH1 "Making of" show on TII. Any extra footage of Michael was mostly visual, with people talking over it. In my opinion, Kenny was really stretching it when he said there would be an "extra three hours of footage." I don't know what other people were expecting, but I took his words to mean that there would be extra rehearsal footage or performances of songs that did not make it into the movie. There weren't any new songs.

I think you are being kind. My perception is that Kenny was deliberately misleading. His statements gave the impression that there was much more footage of Michael rehearsing than was the case. All to sell more DVD's.

Actually I kind of meant what you said, in terms of Kenny being misleading.

So how much of new footage of Michael is there in total on bluray? 30 seconds?? All the other stuff is other people talking about TII?

I just want to know where the "over 100 hours" of footage went, cause as far as I can see they ain't showing shit. I think the thing I always think when I watch it is, was the footage that is shown in the film the best version of all the rehearsals recorded. For example, theres loads of bits in the drill where Michael is not shown, is that because he was shit and they cut it? And the amount of songs that only seem to have one performance, like Thriller and Billie Jean.

I thought these guys were doing 8 hours a day 6 days a week? Wheres all the stuff from the dance studios, all the songs that got a rehearsal but were cut from the set list Wheres Dangerous? Rock With You? Stranger In Moscow?

I don't know why they're holding most of this stuff back or rather if they are just lying about having it, but I wanna see some new shit because they said we were getting it and we haven't.

The extra stuff is crap!

There is WAY to little MJ. And when people talk about the show it's footage from the actual movie they use. They have nearly 100 hours materiale, why not show us a lot of new footage?

Where is Stranger in Moscow? Where is Dirty Diana, Dangerous, Heal the World???

We only saw footage from 1 Billie Jean performance. He did that one more than once, didn't he?? why not show us more dancing, more singing, simply more Michael.

The extra materiale sucks. - or most of it does.

VERY disappointing.

^^^^

This is only taken from the DVD point of view.

Haven't seen the Blu-ray extras yet. - But I will not get my hopes up. :(

As far as I know the Blu Ray is more of the same. The only thing I haven't seen is memories of Michael. Hopefully the UK version has some decent stuff on it.

All of you who are complaining about Sony not showing extra footage. Are you really that surprised? either with extras or with what Kenny said and stuff?

Think again! This is coming from Sony and the topic here is MJ's live footage. You guys may have forgotten how they are with MJ's live stuff. You need to remember that these are the same people who released the original CD versions of songs for "This is it" soundtrack.

That was a new low for Sony... even with MJ's stuff. How can you possibly call it the soundtrack CD?

anyways, so to me nothing tops (or I guess I should say sinks below) that. They may have plans to release more stuff years later, which they probably will. The truth of the matter is that WE the "forum people" are less than 2% of the public who are buying MJ stuff. The remaining 98%+ of masses neither know nor care about these details.

An avergae MJ facebook "fan" does not even know the state of MJ's live audio and video.

Last edited:
All of you who are complaining about Sony not showing extra footage. Are you really that surprised? either with extras or with what Kenny said and stuff?

Think again! This is coming from Sony and the topic here is MJ's live footage. You guys may have forgotten how they are with MJ's live stuff. You need to remember that these are the same people who released the original CD versions of songs for "This is it" soundtrack.

That was a new low for Sony... even with MJ's stuff. How can you possibly call it the soundtrack CD?

anyways, so to me nothing tops (or I guess I should say sinks below) that. They may have plans to release more stuff years later, which they probably will. The truth of the matter is that WE the "forum people" are less than 2% of the public who are buying MJ stuff. The remaining 98%+ of masses neither know nor care about these details.

An avergae MJ facebook "fan" does not even know the state of MJ's live audio and video.

you are so right. :(

I've been looking at the UK 2DVD edition and they're ripping us off.

Disc one contains the film plus about an hour of extra features - three hours in total.

Disc two features three featurettes totalling about 40 minutes. That leaves hours of unused space on the second disc. They could easily have fit the other blu-ray features and MORE on the second disc.

They could have given us about an extra hour or two of bonus material on the second disc. With all that empty space on the second disc, there is no excuse at all for leaving out Stranger In Moscow and other songs.

Last edited:
This is a mess.

The difference between my Blu Ray and my DVD is that the Blu Ray has the SC and Thriller videos, and the DVD doesn't.

However, in the box says that it includes "This Is It Photo Collection" and "Dancing Machine" along with the meet the band, dancers and vocalists- but when I put the DVD it does NOT have the Photo Collection nor the Dancing Machine stuff- just the meet the whole staff stuff... WHY ?!?!

I have the one from Walmart with "Extra stuff" which is but i can tell you now its no effin 3 hours.

p.s. whats the dvd of mj laughing?? ; theres a thread on this and i looked thru it and theres nothing where mjs laughing hard.

I have the one from Walmart with "Extra stuff" which is but i can tell you now its no effin 3 hours.

p.s. whats the dvd of mj laughing?? ; theres a thread on this and i looked thru it and theres nothing where mjs laughing hard.

it's there, somewhere...i think in the bluray, on one of the extras....i think maybe in Memories of Michael

Back