Why did Michael go back to the U.S. in the first place?

Remington Steele

Proud Member
Is the IU closed? I tried to post there, but you need a password.

Anyway, don't know if this has been discussed here already, but after watching this Jermaine interview video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGHWLI0491Y

I still don't know what to believe.. whether he was murdered or not.. But the video really made me wonder: Why did he go back to the USA? The shows wouldn't have taken place in the states anyway.

I mean sure, it's probably hard to leave your home forever, but from what Jermaine says they all felt (especially since the 2nd trial) a real conspiracy against Michael was going on.

b/c that was his home country, he wandered the continents for 18 months and didnt feel comfortable enough outside, he fetl at home there and all his business dealings were there. its hard to understand i know but it was his home country, regardless of what happened it wasnt the country that was against him but ceirtain idiots. and jermaine can claim whatever he wants he doesnt know what was going on in michael's mind. he is not michael and he cannot read minds period.

If Michael had not gone back to America, would he still be here today?

Because the USA was his home and his children's home. I lived in the USA for three months in 2006 and as much as I loved it I was thrilled to return to England as England is my home. That's where my family is and where I grew up. What happened to Michael was horrible and wrong but you always want to be home in the end of the day.

He came back because no matter what it was his home. His family was there. I think that he would not have returned if he didn't want to, he could easily live anywhere in the world. But he chose to come back home.

We will never know.

u can not blame America for what Murray did that is wrong on many levels, Murray isn't even American by birth.

Why didn't MJ want to do a Vegas show? I wonder how things would've went. Too small scale for him?

For a long time, doing a Vegas residency had been considered as a place where has beens would go and perform.

I'm glad MJ made a statement with This is it by selling out those 50 shows (and potentially sell out another 50 due to demand)

He was still the biggest star on the planet despite all the shit that came with it.

For a long time, doing a Vegas residency had been considered as a place where has beens would go and perform.

I'm glad MJ made a statement with This is it by selling out those 50 shows (and potentially sell out another 50 due to demand)

He was still the biggest star on the planet despite all the shit that came with it.
Yeah, that's obviously the biggest reason why. Prince enjoyed success in Vegas and at the O2, so i guess MJ wanted to parlay.

Back