3 years ago today - Michael's This Is It Announcement

Nonoka

Proud Member
It's that day again. 3 years ago today, almost every fan was excited and happy to no extent - Michael announced his TII concerts. I remember that day exactly and I'm sure everyone can remember it too.

]

52xucy3k.jpg

tn5nfjay.jpg

ra536fx3.jpg

3obvhpqo.jpg

Unfortunately, we all know how that ended :(

God bless you, Michael! :angel:

And feel free to post more pictures, everyone...

Last edited:
I remember rushing home to make sure I didn't miss it. I made it home in time and watched the announcement live on michaeljacksonlive.com though it did lag and freeze quite a bit, little did I know it was being shown on BBC News and Sky News. :p

I'll always remember the feeling of excitement as I watched Michael announce TII. Even though I watched the press conference from my home and I wasn't there, it will be a day that I'll never forget.

Thanks Nonoka :better:

You had the 'courage' to post the thread :clapping:
I posted a vid on FB and that was all to make me :boohoo

Anyway, I remember that day very clear too... I was so 'elated' and finally my colleagues saw me 'blossom' open as it was PERFECT... The contract ended on June 22 and then I would have seen Michael and again I would try to see as many concerts as my bank account would allow...
I still remember the next day, I only had to work half a day and I went to my fave restaurant and I folded open the Newspaper with a HUGE article of it... I was so HAPPY :no:

Sometimes I wonder what he would be doing now if he was alive.
Maybe he would do the last part of This is it world tour

I imagine I wouldn´t feel so heartbroken as now if he had made the shows and then died in an accident.
I didn´t have tickets but I just wanted him to feel he was so much loved,I wanted newspapers to write it was the greatest shows ever.

It makes me cry. I can remember that day exactly and I remember the words he said.
I was so excited and so happy, like never before.
And now I :boohoo and it is so painful.

Hard to believe it was 3 years ago. I still remember everything about it, rumours started in Feb that MJ had MRSA, then MJ's website announced that MJ would be there for a press conference at the o2 and invited fans to go along, I was so sad that I couldn't go down to London because of the short notice but thought he must be there to announce shows so I didn't worry all that much, I thought my dream of finally seeing MJ was about to come true, more so when I got tickets on Friday the 13th, god I remember it all, makes me cry thinking how close I was to seeing him :(

I remember that day as if it was yesterday. I was so excited and so happy! But at the same time, it was as if it was to good to be true, to good to happen... it was my biggest dream. Miss you so much Michael.

I totally forgot it was the anniversary of the this is it press conference yesterday and i feel so bad for not remembering :(

Sometimes i wonder had he dont that press conference earlier like say in 2008 would things have been different

Too sad to even think about... I miss Mike so so much!

All day long I had thought about this on and off. And now seeing this topic just started to make me cry. I remember hearing about this back then. And I was so happy and excited for Michael. But I just regret I didn't really show it. But at that time I was going through some health problems. That I really wasn't in the best mood at the time. But when I think back on that horrible June day. I was feeling and showing how happy and excited I was for those concerts. Even though I wasn't going to them. I spent the entire day in my MJ room playing my Sims 3 game on my desktop computer. And just being really happy and excited for him. Until 6:30 that night when I had put my tv on and heard the worst news ever about him.:sad: :boohoo:

Where did the time go? It's weird, life without Michael feels like "so slow", but everything else is moving on so fast.... I'm not sure what I wish about the concert. I'm glad he was gonna do what he loved but I can't help but to feel that without "this is it" we would still have him here.....

Ohhh gosh&#8230; :cry: I Remember I was taking my last course in a 2 year college and I had the class the same time it was said Michael was gonna make announcement in London. So I skipped that class and went to the computer lab to watch it but it was said he was running a little late :lol: yeah right, a little late my&#8230;*** Lol! He then came on the stage over an hour after the supposed time :D One of the reasons I LOVE him- he doesnt care how long the media or anyone has to wait&#8230; its like him saying "I'm Michael Jackson B****&#8230; I'll take all the time I want" :lol:<h&#8230; i'll="" take="" all="" the="" time="" i="" want&#8230;"="" :lol:

And then the LIVE stream was crashing cuz lots of fans were using it and I started logging on different computers to see which computer will play the Live stream :lol: ppl. were lookin' at me like i was crazy but I didnt give a Darn! Ohh how I miss those days&#8230; :( I miss him sooo much.

L.o.v.e.
Romi
</h&#8230;>

earthlyme;3607790 said:
&#8230; its like him saying "I'm Michael Jackson B****&#8230; I'll take all the time I want" :lol:<h&#8230; ll="" take="" all="" the="" time="" i="" want&#8230;="">:lol:</h&#8230;>

That is what i miss most bout him , his " i dont give a ****" attitude

3 years already? Goodness gracious, I cannot believe it. Where did the time go? Time just doesn't freeze when Michael's not here. I always wanted to see Michael live but now looking back on this, still painful to think about. Look how happy and ready he looked!!

So sad.

He looked so strong and confident at that pressconference. I was sooo exited.

Then I got tickets for the opening night and some other shows - I have never been so exited. Never have I've been looking forward to something with such anticipation. I was dancing in the sky.

Then came june 25th 2009...... :cry:

A question - does anyone know how many people that were attending the pressconference?

Amateur footage from a fan of the conference:

Dermot O'Leary (presenter) talking about presenting Michael (May 2009 interview):

A question - does anyone know how many people that were attending the pressconference?

I'd heard it was about 7,000, but I don't have a reference/ quote for that.

The pain in my heart has not decreased. If anything, it hurts more. Michael, dear, what happened?

So sad to think we still had him with us three years ago. Three years ago--not so long, yet so long, long ago. A light went out that June.

Wow, It's been three years already. Time goes by so fast. Sadly he never performed the shows. :(

It's that day again. 3 years ago today, almost every fan was excited and happy to no extent - Michael announced his TII concerts. I remember that day exactly and I'm sure everyone can remember it too.

]

52xucy3k.jpg

tn5nfjay.jpg

ra536fx3.jpg

3obvhpqo.jpg

Unfortunately, we all know how that ended :(

God bless you, Michael! :angel:

And feel free to post more pictures, everyone...

Wow! I can't believe it's been 3 years already! I suddenly have this sick, empty feeling inside. :cry:

my heart is still broken :(

Me too, me too. :hug:

Back