3T join ITV's "The Big Reunion" 2014

3T were only successful in the mid to late 90s. And I dare say that was mainly because of Michael's support and his appearance in their videos. So blaming their lack of success afterwards on the media's bashing of MJ and Janet is just ridiculous. 3T were only around from 1995-96. Don't think much happened afterwards.

Totally agree about 3T, but blaming their lack of success on MJ or MJ's problems is a family pattern!

Even LaToya, yes LaToya, suggested in her latest book that "embarrassing" issues related to MJ negatively affected her "career" and caused her to "have" to put her album on hold in 2002. The reality is that she had been trying to get a new record deal for a long time before those allegations, but of course no one was interested. It's clear from the book that she and Jeffre had already run out of record companies to try before the media started slamming MJ again, but then she tried to make it sound like putting the album on hold was some great sacrifice she was making or it was damage she was suffering due to MJ.
Given her history of causing MJ embarrassment, that took alot of nerve!

Last edited:
Seemingly other members of the family rise and fall with Michael. It only means they are nothing and have nothing to offer without Michael.

they has success with their first album in 95. then the story at the time according to them was they got caught up in mjs war with sony. they released another album around vince time? but it didnt get a proper release. think it was only released in a few euro countries not including the UK as was hardly known about. after that they faded away

3t did very well off mjs history success and having him appear in videos and on tracks. just like with janet they received alot of support from mjs fan base

Totally agree about 3T, but blaming their lack of success on MJ or MJ's problems is a family pattern!

Even LaToya, yes LaToya, suggested in her latest book that "embarrassing" issues related to MJ negatively affected her "career" and caused her to "have" to put her album on hold in 2002.

^^Funny!!!! Thanks for the laughs. How do these people say these things with straight faces.

^^Funny!!!! Thanks for the laughs. How do these people say these things with straight faces.

Beats me! It's hard to tell if the delusion is really that thick or if they know it's b.s., but they think they can make others believe the nonsense. It's hard to say who's got it worse - LaToya or Jermaine, who apparently said with a straight face something to the effect that he was really the "hottest" Jackson (in the middle of Michael's Thriller-mania) and that he could have easily been as popular as MJ, since MJ's success was largely based on luck.

Latoya has alway been living in lala land and is very much delusional, but seemingly some/most of the family members seems to have self-inflated huge ego but very little talent.

Full quote from Jermaine:
‘Even though Michael is very talented, a lot of his success has been due to timing and a little bit of luck. It could have been him, or it could just as easily have been me.’

:rollin:

3T`s own laziness ended their career. Instead of taking advantage of the great start MJ gave them, they kept waiting for him to carry them on his back and by the time they finally realized it won`t happen and released their second album without him, their fans have moved on and people have forgotten about them.

It`s their own fault, nobody else's.

Bubs;3958947 said:
Latoya has alway been living in lala land and is very much delusional, but seemingly some/most of the family members seems to have self-inflated huge ego but very little talent.

‘Even though Michael is very talented, a lot of his success has been due to timing and a little bit of luck. It could have been him, or it could just as easily have been me.’

Thanks for getting the quote. I bet the look on the interviewer's face was priceless! The big ego with limited talent thing among them is amazing, especially since critics and others haven't been particularly shy about commenting on their level of talent.

serendipity;3958999 said:
3T`s own laziness ended their career. Instead of taking advantage of the great start MJ gave them, they kept waiting for him to carry them on his back and by the time they finally realized it won`t happen and released their second album without him, their fans have moved on and people have forgotten about them. It`s their own fault, nobody else's.

I imagine 3T attributing their fade out to MJ's and Janet's issues serves several purposes. It helps them hide from their own responsibility and the public's limited interest in them, while it gives them a way to use the names of their uncle and aunt (timed with recent Superbowl) to promote their current gig. If they didn't work MJ and Janet into the conversation, would the interview have gotten any attention and would they have even gotten the current gig without MJ's posthumous popularity? The problem is that when they and the other family members blame MJ for their own career issues, they're indirectly confirming for people that their career is largely due to the novelty of being MJ's relatives, which doesn't seem like a good approach.

Last edited:
Are they f*cking kidding me!? They released their second album 9 years later, why didn't they take the boost Michael gave them? Blaming Michael and Janet (even though I can't stand her) for their lack of success is pretty lame and pathetic. They spent almost a decade lazing around and people forgot about them. I thought the group only had Brotherhood but I checked they waited all that time. I totally agree with you guys, blaming Michael over the other Jackson's ill "careers"'is an annoying pattern.

They are saying since years Michael was like a big tree and thy were catched in his shadow (positive as negative)...

But as more I think about these silly explanations as more I think
Michael was a big giving tree with many mistle bunches on his branches.

(read wiki about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscum_album
and pay attention for point 3.1 too

I read a review of the prog (was on last night) and looked at a segment on itvplayer - it seems to be all about the stories behind the rise and fall of these bands, i just assumed the series was about these people preparing for a concert or something, that prob comes later on. 3t's turn will be the week after next i think, so if that sun newspaper interview is anything to go by it's just going to be an excuse for the prog to run all bad news about mj - his fights with the record companies, his trial, his death etc etc.

Maybe 3t will explain why it took them so long to come up with a follow up album to their successful one in 95 (?). Mj's sony troubles were 01, so you can't go blaming that. It's only if you're the biggest superstar on the planet that you can allow 4/5 yrs go by on doing pop albums.

The series is produced by the same company (potato) who did the mj autopsy prog.

(

The series is produced by the same company (potato) who did the mj autopsy prog.
(

I have noticed that family members aren't too choosy if they are offered interview, show, or whatever.

Too funny that they campaigned to get US autopsy program cancelled, but not a word out of them of UK one.

Bubs;3958947 said:

but Jermaine forgets that everyone makes his own luck. MJ made his. So when will jermaine make his too?

^ Absolutely love the a cappella chorus by Michael (from 1:25 onwards)!

Big Reunion's TJ Jackson on being co-guardian to Michael Jackson's kids

The Big Reunion's TJ Jackson has spoken about being a co-guardian to Michael Jackson's children, Paris, Prince and Blanket.

TJ and his brother's Taj and Taryll have come together again as 3T for the programme and their uncle Michael's kids will even feature in next week's show.

screen-shot-2014-02-21-at-110635.jpg

Appearing on Lorraine today, TJ told Kate Garraway that their main focus for the last four-and-a-half years has been on their cousins, who he looks after alongside Michael's mother.

Viewers were also shown a clip of next week's Big Reunion, which showed Prince at TJ's LA home while relaxing with other family members.

TJ said: "We lost our mother at young ages too, and that's a very hard thing to get over, so when my uncle passed, my brothers and I, we told our grandmother we'll be there for her and do everything we can to help her and the kids.

"It's been hard, it's been tough, this is why it's taken us so long to come out [into the spotlight again] as well, because our focus has been them, to make sure they're back on track and adjusting as best as they can."

screen-shot-2014-02-21-at-113947.jpg

Kate then asked how the childen are doing, to which TJ replied: "They're doing really well… it's a hard position they're in but they're doing well."

3T rose to fame in 1995 with their debut single 'Anything'. The following year, the trio joined up with Michael and released their duet 'Why', which like their first single, charted at No 2 in the UK.

Tonight, the lads will take to the stage alongside their fellow Big Reunion bands - Damage, Girl Thing, 5th Story, Eternal and A1 - for a one-off concert at London's Hammersmith Apollo.

But TJ, Taj and Taryll admit it will "emotional", as Michael had such a strong influence in their music.

screen-shot-2014-02-21-at-110056.jpg

"There's going to be a lot of emotions up there on stage, a lot has happened since the last time we were on stage," Taryll says.

"Just being in front of the UK audience is so special, because this is where is really started for us. Our first single did very well, then onto the next, we feel like this is our second home.

"Our emotions from our uncle and our mother, it all comes together and it just takes over."

Interestingly, 3T seemed to skirt around the exact reason why they disappeared from the spotlight in the 90s and cryptically blamed "outside forces".

Taryll "We've always continued to do music, it was more politics that prevented us to continue our career." Taj added: "Yeah, outside forces."

Let's hope they spill the beans next week!

The Big Reunion, 9pm, ITV2, Thursday 27 February.

http://www.reveal.co.uk/lifestyle/n...ing-co-guardian-to-michael-jacksons-kids.html

"It's been hard, it's been tough, this is why it's taken us so long to come out [into the spotlight again] as well, because our focus has been them, to make sure they're back on track and adjusting as best as they can."

what kind of kids are PPB they need all that attention from this massive number of people ?

Yeah, it seems like PPB burden to them if family have to take KJ away from kids lives and put her in the spa to rest :smilerolleyes: Just kidding.
------------------------------------

That explanations is as much silly than their explanation as why their career halted, they blamed politics ( "outside forces"):scratch: That Jackson's mantra about outsiders are scary, like they are members of Cult of Jackson family :bugeyed

They want to be close to PPB, as hanging around them has some nice perks, such as paid holidays, babysitting salary, getting more visibility in tabloids with PPB, every now and then, they can ask KJ whether its their turn to get PPB to do some advertising to their projects

Last edited:
the usual self-serving nonsense.

Each member taking turn in exploiting 3 young orphans.

TJ's supposedly got a house. where did he find the money to pay for that house considering that he's unemployed?

TJ's supposedly got a house. where did he find the money to pay for that house considering that he's unemployed?

He is PPB's guardian and gets paid by the estate for a work that he spends 90 or something hours/week.

Agree with you all, to use the excuse that all 3 of them have had to put their illustrous careers on hold to look after ppb is just such patent rubbish. I suppose i get that 3t have to somehow explain for the purposes of this prog why they didn't follow up their success in the mid 90s, but to use mj's death and suggest they sacrificed big careers to look after orphaned children is tacky in the extreme. Is this the type of guilt trip they lay on ppb? Last night's prog is on itv player but it's not on 3t, that's next week apparently. The taster for it was screaming headlines of mj's child molestation trial and how it meant that radios weren't happy in promoting 3t's records. There was me being all concerned about mj's state during this time, remiss of me not to realise that 3t were hurting as well.

bubs said:
That explanations is as much silly than their explanation as why their career halted, they blamed politics ( "outside forces") That Jackson's mantra about outsiders are scary, like they are members of Cult of Jackson family
I think they're referring to the sony wars, that always seems to get blamed for their lack of followup, even tho it was years after their mid90s success. But yes, the jacksons do have that 'them and us' mentality with outsiders which i'm sure they're imparting to ppb. [Well all outsiders except mann, crowd sourcing outfits, dodgy concert promotors, moonies, belt manufacturers, perfume sellers - anyone really who is prepared to offer the family $$$.]

Last edited:
Taj and Tarryl were probably the only Jackson family members I didn't have negative feelings but when they opened their mouths and lined up to use and exploit Michael's children, they blew it. Poor Michael and PPB, all of them are still surrounded by vultures. The worst thing it could happen to those kids was being without their father and having those "guardians", they're unprotected.

His wife owns and runs a fitness studio. I assume that's where the money came from. And I'm pretty sure he got a real estate license quite a while ago, so he may have saved money from that job as well.

Live interview of 3T in this link
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s...ions-3t-politics-halted-our-music-career.html

They say Jackson's don't open up! Maybe Jackson's don't talk about themselves, but since MJ's passing none of them had no problems opening up about MJ to the tabloids for the money.

I think they're referring to the sony wars, that always seems to get blamed for their lack of followup, even tho it was years after their mid90s success. But yes, the jacksons do have that 'them and us' mentality with outsiders which i'm sure they're imparting to ppb. [Well all outsiders except mann, crowd sourcing outfits, dodgy concert promotors, moonies, belt manufacturers, perfume sellers - anyone really who is prepared to offer the family $$$.]

I'm sure if they were good, other record company would have snatched them to their label. It is just a fact that most of the bands will not survive more than 10 years in business and 3T had a longer run because MJ opened some door to them.

That mentality "us against outsiders" is so scary, especially if they teaching that sort of thinking into PPB's heads. Themselves are prime example why and how it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Taryll Jackson ? @tarylljackson

When I step on stage... I'll have my Mother & MJ in my heart, my brothers by my side, and I'll be in a room filled with love. #thankful

delete thread pls

sorry guys

Last edited:
Back