3T join ITV's "The Big Reunion" 2014

ivy

Proud Member
3T join ITV's "The Big Reunion" 2014

3T are among the line up for ITV's The Big Reunion that has been released today. Other bands joining the line up are A1, Eternal, Damage and Girl Thing. The Big Reunion is a British reality-documentary series that began airing on ITV2 on 31 January 2013. The show follows chart-topping bands who reformed for the show and were big names in the UK pop music scene between the 1990s and early 2000s, and the programme follows the bands as they reunite for the first time in a decade and go through their two weeks of intensive rehearsals before finally stepping back on stage for a comeback performance. The Big Reunion proved to be an unexpected hit for ITV2; the first episode brought in 1.2 million viewers, becoming ITV2's highest rated premiere in five years, and the show went on to achieve over 1 million viewers every week, making it one of the channel's most popular shows.

http://3t.com/index.php/news/121-3t-join-itv-s-the-big-reunion

Well :unsure:.........
tumblr_lc9ge9dK1R1qzado8o1_500.gif

Interesting. 3T were pretty big at a time in Europe. They even had two Nr 2 singles in the UK (Anything and Why) and a Nr 3 (I Need You).

Glad they are doing this rather than an mj related cash in

Thus sounds like a good forum for them & I wish them luck. Do bands get big money for this?

Good for them! I may even give it a watch (although I am not really keen on reality tv).

^^ Wouldn't they practice on ITV studios, where ever that might be?

Retweetet von Taj Jackson
3T ?@TheReal3T 8 h
Thanks @StefanieFaleo and @TheVault_TV for a great morning. Should be fun when it airs. @tajjackson3 @tjjackson @tarylljackson.

Retweetet von Taj Jackson
The Vault ?@TheVault_TV 21. Jan.
Tomorrow our @StefanieFaleo will be chatting to MJ's nephews @tarylljackson @tajjackson3 @tjjackson about their 90's hits and big comeback!

BelOJf2IAAALgSa.jpg

stefanieItaliaFaleo ?@StefanieFaleo 9 h
Incredible chatting to @tajjackson3 @tjjackson @tarylljackson for @TheVault_TV :) They are so lovely x pic.twitter.com/rYQbhXoWex

Beu6HmnCYAAADYE.jpg

Jackson Source ?@JacksonSource 24. Jan.
The Big Reunion starts airing on February 6th, 2014 on ITV2 @TheReal3T @tjjackson @tarylljackson @tajjackson3 pic.twitter.com/msVYnEkdVU

3T ?@TheReal3T 26. Jan.
At Heathrow heading home. But BIG thanks to the second family we gained with everyone involved with @BigReunionITV See you in 3 weeks! @itv2

3T on The Big Reunion
Published on Tuesday, 28 January 2014 19:31
http://www.jackson-source.com/news/1420-3t-on-the-big-reunion
3T.com reports: Taj, Taryll and TJ spent three weeks in the UK, along with members of the bands A1, Damage, Eternal, Girl Thing and 5th Story to record a brand new series of The Big Reunion. The Big Reunion tells the story of these six bands getting back together and working towards performing at The Big Reunion concert in 8 episodes.

3T’s story
The first episode of The Big Reunion airs on ITV2 on February 6th. In one of the following episodes, 3T’s story is featured. In that episode the brothers reveal their story about the rise and “fall” of 3T. In interviews that were shot at home in California early January 2014, the T’s explain why they were put in pause for so long and talk about the hurdles they have overcome.

The Big Reunion concert
The Big Reunion live concert with live stage performances by 3T and the other participating bands is on February 21st at Eventim Apollo Hammersmith in London. Footage of this concert will be aired by ITV2 in the final episode of The Big Reunion 2014 on the 27th of March. Tickets go on sale very soon and are expected to sell out in minutes.

For those living outside the UK, you can watch the ITV2 chanel and show via FilmOn website.

For more photos of 3T participating on The Big Reunion and their stay in the UK, visit 3T Memories on Facebook.

"Tickets go on sale very soon and are expected to sell out in minutes."

How small is Apollo Hammersmith in London?
I highly doubt it will sell out in minutes, considering that none of these bands A1, Damage, Eternal, Girl Thing and 5th Story are known to the public or did any sort of impact on music industry. At least previous year they had bands that really were known in their time, but this current season bands are found from underground or something?

Last edited:
Good for them! It always feel this extreme relief when I read about any Jacksons working.

Interesting. 3T were pretty big at a time in Europe. They even had two Nr 2 singles in the UK (Anything and Why) and a Nr 3 (I Need You).
I remember. I bought their album Brotherhood back then.

Give the guys a break. I think they are beautiful looking guys and deserve success. I love the short film with MJ "Why". IMO they are much better than a lot of the stuff out there today.:music:

If one is a guardian I still don't think it is right to be away for that length of time. I undertsand Katehrine is a guardian as well but since the job was taken and payment is being made I think this reunion should not be taking place across the pond. For me a guardian is a substitute parent and a good parent is always around and if they need to be away they can be home at a moments notice.

The other side of the coin is, If one parent is away for an extended period and another parent takes care of the children.. There wouldn't be any problem or something wrong with that., even in a traditional family. Parents go away on jobs for extended periods all the time. (Depending on what their career is ) Plus TJ isn't paid to be with the children 24/7 and the children have nannies and their grandmother to care for them as well. Prince is old enough he doesn't need TJ to babysit him 24/7 and Blanket has Prince, grandmother and nannies to care for him during the time TJ will be away. There should be no problem with that.. Im sure the estate is informed as well.

Mod hat :chef:
With both sides presented Lets move on so we don't derail this thread Off topic into that discussion.

The Big Reunion’s 3T: Aunt Janet Jackson’s boob wardrobe malfunction at Super Bowl ended our pop career

3T, who will be appearing on The Big Reunion next month, have said that their aunt Janet Jackson’s antics at the Super Bowl ten years ago put the brakes on their pop careers.

Janet hit headlines in 2004 when her performance with Justin Timberlake ended with her infamous nipple flash when JT removed a piece of her costume to reveal her boob.

While it generated tons of publicity for Janet, it didn’t help 3T who had to defend Janet’s performance instead of focusing on their tour.

Things only went downhill from there, as 3T’s songs were dropped from radio playlists and sponsorship deals.

Taj told The Sun: ‘The media always has a field day with the Jackson name. It’s something you learn to live with, and the “Nipplegate” thing is a perfect example. My aunt got it bad, but Justin was perfectly fine. That’s just the way the world is for us.’

The Jackson name also hounded them in 2001 when they were prevented from releasing an album with Sony, who were in a legal battle with their uncle – Michael Jackson – at the time.

3T also suffered when Michael was arrested on child abuse charges, despite later being cleared.

‘It’s happened so many times’ Taj went on, ‘We finally got our album released but it was at the same time that Uncle Michael was on trial, and a lot of radio stations and press wouldn’t touch us.’

The trio – Taj, Taryll and TJ – became the second-biggest selling band in Europe in 1996 after The Spice Girls when their album Brotherhood sold three million copies.

Their attempt at regrouping was rocked by the news of Michael Jackson’s death, which happened on their first day of recording. They have dedicated their time to their family, which meant that the revival of their pop career was put on hold.

‘Since then, our focus has been on looking after our cousins. By doing Big Reunion, we can let our fans know why it’s taken so long. I don’t want to sound like we’re complaining. It is what it is.’

The Big Reunion returns on on February 6 at 9pm on ITV2.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/02/the-b...n-at-super-bowl-ended-our-pop-career-4287587/

:bugeyed

I don’t want to sound like we’re complaining. It is what it is.’
Well he failed, it sounds like one long complaint. Why not dwell on the positives, don't tell me the jackson name didn't open doors. To list mj's death as a reason for not coming out with an album is ghastly, did they have a lucrative record deal in 09 they had to renege on? And congrats taj on another excuse for the media to mention mj's child molestation trial.

^^Guys is that true? Was the group really hot and then a nipple issue caused people to drop them? I find that hard to believe, since the record producers and networks love to exploit people who can bring in money. If the group had a strong potential to make money, why would fans stop going to see them or not buy their music because their aunt showed her nipple? If the powers that be knew they had a strong fan base, they would surely make a deal with them to sell their super money making records. Then, he blames Michael's problems as reasons why their group fizzled, so how many people are we blaming here? Not once, did he mention the quality of their music/dance/charisma/talent as the reason why their group fizzled out.

Why go to the sun who write all those horrible things about you, your aunt, your uncle and give them an interview. Aren't they the same people who spread the story about the nipple and allegations, which you claim hampered your career? Maybe the sun paid them for the interview.

^^Guys is that true? Was the group really hot and then a nipple issue caused people to drop them? I find that hard to believe, since the record producers and networks love to exploit people who can bring in money. If the group had a strong potential to make money, why would fans stop going to see them or not buy their music because their aunt showed her nipple? If the powers that be knew they had a strong fan base, they would surely make a deal with them to sell their super money making records. Then, he blames Michael's problems as reasons why their group fizzled, so how many people are we blaming here? Not once, did he mention the quality of their music/dance/charisma/talent as the reason why their group fizzled out.

See yourself how hot they were: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3T and go to Discography
Basically after 1997 they fizzled out, so it wasn't not really Janet, Michael or anyone else's fault. I think they just don't/didn't have what is required to stay years on music business.

Well he failed, it sounds like one long complaint. Why not dwell on the positives, don't tell me the jackson name didn't open doors. To list mj's death as a reason for not coming out with an album is ghastly, did they have a lucrative record deal in 09 they had to renege on? And congrats taj on another excuse for the media to mention mj's child molestation trial.

Well, Michael took them under his wings and they released their best selling album via MJJ Music, and they got their second no 2 single because Michael was featured and produced their song Why. That didn't matter when they had to explain why their career fizzled and it always better to blame someone else for their own failures than look the man in the mirror. That seems to be the story of some Jacksons.

Last edited:
3T were hot in Europe in and around 1995-1998. By the time of Nipplegate and MJ's trial they have long past their prime. So to blame their lack of career in the 2000s on that is pretty lame. On the other hand the quotes come from The Sun so who knows if they really said this. If they did then they probably think that their 2004 album would have been more successful without Nipplegate and MJ's trial. I'm not sure that's the case. Besides if your success depends on your uncle and aunt so much then maybe you are not that good on your own, after all.

The other side of the coin is, If one parent is away for an extended period and another parent takes care of the children.. There wouldn't be any problem or something wrong with that., even in a traditional family. Parents go away on jobs for extended periods all the time. (Depending on what their career is ) Plus TJ isn't paid to be with the children 24/7 and the children have nannies and their grandmother to care for them as well. Prince is old enough he doesn't need TJ to babysit him 24/7 and Blanket has Prince, grandmother and nannies to care for him during the time TJ will be away. There should be no problem with that.. Im sure the estate is informed as well.

Mod hat :chef:
With both sides presented Lets move on so we don't derail this thread Off topic into that discussion.

Parents do not get paid to stay with their kids .They leave to work because they want to bring money to support their families. How does that apply to this situation?

He is paid handsomely to stay with the kids . That's what he claimed in his deposition when he asked to get paid for his "services" . He claimed he's spending most of his time with them.

My understanding when you are employed by someone you don't go work for another company , at least you have no right to demand to be paid from the first employer.

Only in MJ's world, not only you get to go on lavish paid vacations to Hawaii with your wife and kids , but you consider these paid vacations part of your "employment" and demand to be reimbursed for them

Last edited:
3T were hot in Europe in and around 1995-1998. By the time of Nipplegate and MJ's trial they have long past their prime. So to blame their lack of career in the 2000s on that is pretty lame. On the other hand the quotes come from The Sun so who knows if they really said this. If they did then they probably think that their 2004 album would have been more successful without Nipplegate and MJ's trial. I'm not sure that's the case. Besides if your success depends on your uncle and aunt so much then maybe you are not that good on your own, after all.

It clearly states that they gave an interview to Sun, and yesterday somebody tweeted to TJ that they interview with Sun sounded like it was nonstop complain, and TJ re-tweeted it, but it has disappeared from his twitter now.

3T were only successful in the mid to late 90s. And I dare say that was mainly because of Michael's support and his appearance in their videos. So blaming their lack of success afterwards on the media's bashing of MJ and Janet is just ridiculous. 3T were only around from 1995-96. Don't think much happened afterwards.

^^Thanks for the explanations, because I knew nothing about the 3T's success. Someone should point out these facts to them, but then, I guess they already know it. Now are they going to go back to the studio like the J4?

Back