80's music

[youtube]fIBzbdo2LjU[/youtube]

[youtube]9xHQsMYosao[/youtube]

[youtube]tjXHd3frPlU[/youtube]

[youtube]hy0pZ_JvL4k[/youtube]

I totally L.O.V.E. the 80s. Mainly because I was born on January 4th 1980. So I was so very lucky that I got to grow up in that amazing decade. A decade that was totally filled with great music. My absolute favorite singers from that decade was:

Michael Jackson (He has always been my number 1 favorite male singer. And he always forever will be.)
Phil Collins
Tears for Fears
Madonna (Up until the Bad Era she was my number 1 favorite female singer.)
Sting
Pet Shop Boys (I just so totally L.O.V.E. the songs West End Girls and Opportunities.)
Duran Duran
Janet Jackson (She became my number 1 favorite female singer. Sometime during the Bad Era.)

For some reason I have more memories of listening to the British singers. Than I do listening to the American singers. But it is Phil Collins and Genesis songs is what I had really loved back then. Other besides Michael Jackson of course. Since that is what my mother had mostly played back then.

Last edited:
Original Bananarama line-up reunite for first ever tour

By Mark Savage April 24, 2017 BBC Music reporter
tumblr_ooq8fqKCpM1rw606ko1_r2_1280.jpg

L-R Keren Woodward, Sara Dallin and Siobhan Fahey

We heard a rumour - and, for once, it turned out to be true: the original line-up of Bananarama have reunited.

Sara Dallin, Siobhan Fahey and Keren Woodward were the biggest girl band of the 80s, scoring hits including Venus, Shy Boy and Love In The First Degree.

Although they scored 10 top 10 hits, the trio never toured before Fahey quit to form Shakespears Sister in 1988.

The split was acrimonious, but the members recently reconciled and have announced a 15-date UK tour for winter.

"This is the first time we've performed live together - with the exception of getting onstage with a cassette when we were 18!" Woodward told BBC Radio 2's Chris Evans Breakfast Show.

Speaking about their reconciliation, Fahey said: "I was really touched because it wasn't for any other reason than we love each other and really loved what we did.

"These were my formative years. I never thought it would happen again."

The band's website crashed shortly after the tour was announced on Monday morning.
_95760737_df512212-f107-43f5-888c-ded60eb5ee83.jpg

Formed in 1979, the band took their name from two of their biggest inspirations: the Roxy Music song Pyjamarama and kids TV show The Banana Splits.

They got their first taste of chart success by providing backing vocals for the Fun Boy Three on the single It Ain't What You Do, It's the Way You Do It.

A couple of months later, Fun Boy Three returned the favour for Really Sayin' Somethin, a cover of the 1965 Velvelettes song that was the first of Bananarama's 26 UK chart smashes.

They went on to sell more than 40 million records, with their biggest-sellers including Robert De Niro's Waiting, Cruel Summer and I Heard A Rumour.

After establishing themselves as a self-made band, they hitched their wagon to Stock Aitken Waterman's "hit factory" for the 1987 album, Wow.

Fahey, who was a huge fan of The Smiths, was not keen on the group's new direction and, after marrying Eurythmics star Dave Stewart and moving to LA, she left the band.

Dallin and Woodward found a replacement, Jacquie O'Sullivan, who re-recorded some of Fahey's vocals, and the band played their first ever live shows.

O'Sullivan lasted three years, since when the band has continued as a duo, recording new material while touring the nostalgia circuit.

"The worst thing was that, after Siobhan left, Sara and I then did the world tour without her," Woodward told Chris Evans.

"We had tried to do it while we were together all as a threesome, then I got pregnant while we were rehearsing.

"And Siobhan got pregnant the second time we were planning on going on the road, so for some reason it never happened."

The UK tour kicks off at Glasgow's SEC on 12 November, with tickets on sale today for fan club members, and Wednesday for the general public.

According to a press release, it will be a one-off - but Woodward hinted there may be other plans afoot.

"The tour is the main thing," she said. "But we have talked about doing a single together, which would be good.

by Martin Kielty January 21, 2019 Ultimate Classic Rock
lewis.jpg

Huey Lewis and the News announced a record deal for their 10th studio album, which is due for release in the spring.It will be the band’s first original music since 2001’s Plan B. In 2009 they released Soulsville, a set of Stax Records covers, with frontman Lewis commenting: “the public isn't clamoring for new Huey Lewis and the News material.”

However, doubts remained over their ability to tour while he continues to suffer from a debilitating illness.

“We’re very excited about our new album, and honestly feel that it’s among our best work – we cannot wait to get it out to fans!” he said in a statement. “We’re equally excited to be with BMG, whose reputation as a ‘music-first’ label precedes them admirably.”

"In the time we’ve grown closer with Huey and the band it became clear that this is a perfect match, said BMG representative John Loeffler. “We look forward giving the band more opportunities to take advantage of all we have to offer and working alongside them to develop some new creative endeavors.”

Last year Lewis canceled 60 tour dates after suffering trouble with his ears, diagnosed as Meniere’s disease, which can cause hearing loss, balance issues and inner ear pressure problems. He later reported: “It can get better; it just hasn't yet. I haven't come to grips with the fact that I may never sing again. I'm still hoping I'm gonna get better. They say a positive attitude is important.”

Answering a fan request about tour dates on Jan. 7, Lewis said on his website: “No plans as yet because I can’t hear enough to sing, so we have no gigs booked. I hope I can get better.”

Back