80's music

Wow, this thread brings back memories of when I was a teen with my jeans rolled and cuffed and my the color of my shirt and socks matched. :laugh: My husband still listens to 80s on 8 on SiriusXM radio. If I wasn't listening to Michael or Janet, it was Whitney Houston, Madonna, or George Michael for me. And those 80s Hip Hop tunes: LL Cool J, Tone Loc, Salt-n-Pepa, etc. Good times. :yes:

Hiya :hiya: yes I loved these too especially Janet, whitney Houston and George Michael :) my hubby saw Wham in concert :) salt and pepper were cool !!!!!!!!!! Yes and jeans rolled and matching socks to your tops cool !!!! Those were the days :)

Last edited:
Wow, this thread brings back memories of when I was a teen with my jeans rolled and cuffed and my the color of my shirt and socks matched. :laugh: My husband still listens to 80s on 8 on SiriusXM radio. If I wasn't listening to Michael or Janet, it was Whitney Houston, Madonna, or George Michael for me. And those 80s Hip Hop tunes: LL Cool J, Tone Loc, Salt-n-Pepa, etc. Good times. :yes:

I love George Michael ...oh yes I was watching and listening to him (Wham) a lot :wub:

Best Holiday song ever!!! 1983 so many great memories ...can someone please create a time machine ??

:beach:

Does anyone know if Ryan Paris ever made other music besides this song?

Does anyone remember another song called La Dolce Vita who came out around 1988-89? It was sung by a woman and If I don't get wrong in the music video she was singing in a night club and at some point in the video appeared two men dressed like sheiks. I don' t know if the title of the song was La Dolce Vita but that was what she kept on saying during the chorus. This song stucks on my mind but I can't find it anywhere because I don't remember the name of the singer or the group. Does anyone remember? Please help.?

I ask this for someone else ..I searched already but nothing came up :(

This era of music deserves it's own thread. I wasn't born yet in the 80's, but listening to music from that era makes me feel nostalgic, or something. It was a time for real music, not the autotuned rubbish that we hear today. It was a time where real talent was noticed, and where many artists were at the height of their careers (Michael Jackson, Culture Club, Whitney Houston...)

These are some of my favourite artists/songs that were big in the 80's (in no particular order except for MJ, who will always be first):

Artists:
1. Michael Jackson. His music was real, and almost every song had a powerful message. He put so much heart into what he did, I can actually "feel" his emotions through his voice.
2. Queen. Freddie Mercury's voice was just unbelievable.
3. Bon Jovi
4. Culture Club
5. Metallica
6. Whitney Houston

Songs:
1. Alphaville - Forever Young
2. Toto - Africa
3. a-ha - Take on Me
4. Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
5. Bryan Adams - Heaven
6. F.R. David - Words
(Words of wisdom:boohoo) I love this thread already, and to be quite honest my music library rarely goes past anything 2005-ish and up as far as what I listen to on a daily. I myself am a 90s baby an proud as it was the last decade of great music and all forms of entertainment.. just about everything really, the good ole 90s. I am one of the few here in the states stuck in this "awkward" generation I'll say, that actually appreciates the legends, music and much more the 80s gave us.. These are some of my favorite artists from the 80s:

-Michael Jackson
-Stevie Wonder
-Teena Marie
-Whitney Houston
-Rick James
-Blondie
-Queen
-Cameo
-Phil Collins
-Chaka Khan/Rufus
-Zapp & Roger
-Loose Ends

Does anyone remember another song called La Dolce Vita who came out around 1988-89? It was sung by a woman and If I don't get wrong in the music video she was singing in a night club and at some point in the video appeared two men dressed like sheiks. I don' t know if the title of the song was La Dolce Vita but that was what she kept on saying during the chorus. This song stucks on my mind but I can't find it anywhere because I don't remember the name of the singer or the group. Does anyone remember? Please help.?

I ask this for someone else ..I searched already but nothing came up :(

Hello :hiya: I've been looking for you , and so far all I have found is this ?

This era of music deserves it's own thread. I wasn't born yet in the 80's, but listening to music from that era makes me feel nostalgic, or something.

Bless your heart! I was in high school, then joined the US Air Force in the 80s, lol! Now I know how my aunts and uncles felt when I'd say the same thing about the 40s and 50s. . . :hysterical: :rofl: ;)

Hello :hiya: I've been looking for you , and so far all I have found is this ?

Awww thank you MJJ 4 ALL Time #waves

I found this one myself too but it isn't the song she is looking for :(
I keep on tryin, it had to be 83 or 84
Ugh i can't stand this, LOL

Awww thank you MJJ 4 ALL Time #waves

I found this one myself too but it isn't the song she is looking for :(
I keep on tryin, it had to be 83 or 84
Ugh i can't stand this, LOL

Hello , I thought it probably wasn't the one ;) ......oh it's frustrating isn't it when your trying to remember a song or something like that :yes: xx

I like 80s music too.

82,83,84,86,87 and 88 are my fav years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvtHz3IRlKY

(sorry dont know how to put video here thats to much "XXI" for me i can only put the link)

I know ;)
You know Richard Marx ? 2:42
I have seen him in concert ...he was great :)
Click the 3th right above icon (the square venster) , that will show (pop up) then so you put your link in that...ready and post.

"My heart is worn, I feel as if I'm through ....

Love this song and Yes I know its a late 90's early 00's ?
Beat is Great, just as his voice, Lyrics and clip :)

[youtube]YkADj0TPrJA[/youtube]

[youtube]VdQY7BusJNU[/youtube]

[youtube]yfg97-5uhFQ[/youtube]

[youtube]XmSdTa9kaiQ[/youtube]

[youtube]2ssCL292DQA[/youtube]

More of my fav 80's songs:

[youtube]EPOIS5taqA8[/youtube]

[youtube]k9e157Ner90[/youtube]

[youtube]zTcu7MCtuTs[/youtube]

[youtube]yG07WSu7Q9w[/youtube]

[youtube]zKVq-P3z5Vg[/youtube]

[youtube]qmOLtTGvsbM[/youtube]

PS: I also like Madonna and Whitney, so I would include both here ;)

Thumbs up for this thread :D

More of my fav 80's songs:

PS: I also like Madonna and Whitney, so I would include both here ;)

Thumbs up for this thread :D

I love Simply Red and Toto :clapping:

Madonna and Withney huh?

Here you go ;)

:dance:

Get your booty on the floor tonight, make my day :dancin:

Never knew this group came from Belgium

The 80s were all over the place genre-wise and I loved it! Zapp is one of my favorite Funk/Dance bands from that era (along with Midnight Star, Atlantic Star, etc.)

Their slow jam hit, "Computer Love" was ahead of its time, considering that online dating didn't come about until decades later, lol!

Back