A nice unknown hotel near O2

mimi_uk

Proud Member
As a local to the O2, I thought I would let you know about a little unknown hotel, close to the O2 (not walking distance though). It is the Clarendon Hotel in Blackheath Village.

http://www.clarendonhotel.com/

There is a bus stop opposite this hotel which takes you direct to O2 in about 10-15 mins, also an overground train station (5 min walk from hotel) that will get you into Central London, which has trains going into London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross, Victoria and Cannon Street, all within about 20 mins.

The other good thing about this hotel, is that the bus that takes you to O2 and back runs throughout the night (24 hours), so no worries getting back to your room if you plan on going to one of the after-show parties at Indigo.

Blackheath Village itself is a small village within London, it is mainly restaurants and bars, it is 10 mins walk to Greenwich Park, which is where one of the the famous London tourist attactions is based, The Royal Observary.

It is average price for a London hotel, and possibly one that will have rooms available during all the concerts, as the ones close to the O2 sell out very quickly once concerts have been announced.

I got this mail from the Hotel:
From Stansted Airport you will need to get a bus to Victoria Station and then a tube to London Bridge and then a mainline train to Blackheath. From Heathrow you will need to get a tube to London Bridge and then a mainline train to Blackheath
If you know, could you please inform us EXACTLY which bus, tube and train is it? (the names, the line of the tube, train, bus etc)

I downloaded the maps from http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ but I see no connection between Victoria and London Bridge:bugeyedlol

Do we have to walk among these or the transportation is at the same place or next to each other?

Also, which airport is better: Stansted or Heathrow? (closer to Blackheath, better transportation etc)

btw... the stations of London Bridge and Victoria are these at wikipedia? (at the bottom where is says "Railway stations of central London")

Thx in advanced!

There are trains from Victoria to Blackheath, check out this website, I know I have been catching it for years :)

The below is the link for the overground trains.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

When looking for london train stations on the above link, make sure you enter like "London Victoria" and not just "Victoria".

Blackheath and a lot of the areas surrounding the O2 do not have tube stations, they are all overground stations. The closest station to this hotel is Blackheath, which can you search on the above website.

From Heathrow you would catch the Picadilly line - dark blue (tube) to Leicester Square and then the Northern line - black line to Charing Cross and then overground train to Blackheath.

From Stanstead, you are probably better off catching the coach to Victoria, as well as cheaper, it saves the hassle of changing lots, as the trains from Stanstead go into Liverpool Street, and if you arrived at Liverpool Street, you would have to catch the Central Line - red, from Liverpool Street to Bank and then catch the Northern Line - black, to London Bridge, and then get the overground train to Blackheath.

From Gatwick, you can catch a overground train straight to London Bridge and then from London Bridge to Blackheath.

If anyone books this hotel, and has any questions regarding getting there or getting around, just ask, I live 5 mins from the hotel and travel into Central London everyday.

There is one bus, number "108" that runs 24 hours that services both Blackheath Village and the O2.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool, they're cheap but they don't have rooms available for when I want to go..:-(

Edit lol

I had a question, but we already decided to book this one, since it is 40 pounds per night/person and it looks real good.

Thanx again for the tip!
I especially like the bus thingy :D

Last edited:
Never mind, I need to learn to read posts before asking questions which were already answered :D

Last edited:
Back