A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

For some reason the visuals plays better with the original mix. Also, does your version include less color scenes? I prefer the B/W scenes to the color scenes in the video.

I made sure the video was in sync with the music. Yes, I just toned down the colours, I enjoyed the official video but I felt the colours were too flashy. :)

Hi guys, I wanted to share my edit for 'A Place With No Name', containing the original version. So here it is, enjoy! (Looks best in HD)

Michael Jackson - A Place With No Name (Original Version)
(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Post by Amy King.

Awesome! Where can i download it?

I've always imagined when I here this song' A more fairy tail fantasy type world that Mike falls upon. A bit like that scene in the Snow White Huntsman film when they are in that forrest garden with those fairy things flying around but also with an enchanted city within the gardens..!!!!!

Last edited:
I've always imagined when I here this song' A more fairy tail fantasy type world that Mike falls upon. A bit like that scene in the Snow White Huntsman film when they are in that forrest garden with those fairy things flying around but also with a futuristic type city within the gardens..!!!!!

This may be silly, but when he sings, "....I see a beautiful city appear..." I always imagine the Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz :D

I think this video is not up to our expectations , and for sure not up to Michael's standards that we all are used to but it's definitely up to today standards.There are some crappy videos out there for the Music very high in the bilboards.

Beyonce's Drunk In LOVE - is that better?
Sia's Chandeliere -that's a very disturbing video
Lots of videos on the beach -J Lo' s video, Nicole's Scherzinger.. aren't better
I won't even mention Wiggle, Wiggle..

And many, many other more, you know them

While I too would've preferred it to follow the story (I had a much different vision in my head but it was pretty out-of-reach financially), many of Michael's short films didn't follow the lyrics of the song. Billie Jean doesn't show MJ meeting or dancing with Billie Jean nor is Annie is seen in Smooth Criminal.

True but at least Billie Jean and Smmoth Criminal have cohesive story lines while APWNN was randomly put together. An LSD trip, as Birchey said... :lol:

I think this video is not up to our expectations , and for sure not up to Michael's standards that we all are used to but it's definitely up to today standards.There are some crappy videos out there for the Music very high in the bilboards.

Beyonce's Drunk In LOVE - is that better?
Sia's Chandeliere -that's a very disturbing video
Lots of videos on the beach -J Lo' s video, Nicole's Scherzinger.. aren't better
I won't even mention Wiggle, Wiggle..

And many, many other more, you know them

How is Wiggle Wiggle even a song title lol

True but at least Billie Jean and Smmoth Criminal have cohesive story lines

Billie Jean has a cohesive story line? The video where Michael walks at a street while being followed by a guy, he enters and magical disappears in a bed. There's a cat, a lion and homeless guy who magically gets better clothes and a date. That's neither cohesive nor a story line in my opinion.

Smooth criminal has a cohesive theme but it has nothing to with Annie/song lyrics.

^^I already acknowledged their short films have nothing to do with their lyrics but al least they follow an order, that's what I meant with cohesive. Billie Jean is more random, I agree on that. APWNN just have images plastered and people dancing out of nowhere.

I made sure the video was in sync with the music. Yes, I just toned down the colours, I enjoyed the official video but I felt the colours were too flashy. :)

The color was too flashy. Thanks and great job!

Billie Jean versus APWNN??? No.

Billie Jean is iconic and far superior production. It is hard to believe the same person who did Nirvana's Teen Spirit did APWNN.

Idk but do you really need more understandable actions from dancers and Michael in the video to imagine a story?!
Can’t just a dance itself be a “storyteller” anyway?

And how can this video be the “same” as Drunk in LOVE?! The edit of this video is great and all the effects with lights and the road, highway…

It is not a fantasy land but sure a mystery world with strange way of departure.

It is MORE than just a picture !!!

After each watching I have so many ideas of what this or that thing can mean and what role Michael actually has in the video, his story in comparison of that man’s story.

I would say this video is better of those we can watch today.

And honestly if to make a video for the full story that is in the song – it is better for the original version and it should be one LONG video with some interesting decision from the director with no dancing but acting. Maybe just a bit of dancing.

Wayne Isham is a good director, he gave HT a good concept but the horrible mixing the song had, it was ruined. I dare to say it was better done in terms of concept and cohesiveness than the other posthumous ones. I thought yesterday APWNN was better but I was wrong.

^ Yes, HT tells a story perfectly but doesn’t go well with the song sometimes.

I don't get this release? Why is there no single for the song on iTunes in the US? You would think it would be with the what's hot songs. STTR remix was released this week. Why they wasted money on that garbage I have no idea.

^^ I believe Estate/Sony are depending on video streams of APWNN for now.

I liked the concept of them using MJ from In The Closest behind the scenes footage to expand on the theme of this song. The HD clips of MJ wearing red and just smiling is amazing. I also enjoyed the effects and how they played around with MJs dance steps. The beginning is slow to pick up, but towards to the end where I really enjoyed it.

Only criticism I have would be to figure out how the video could have worked without the two dancers. It just didn't feel right and repetitive in MJ's posthumous videos seeing random dancers.

That's not actually very much, even Hollywood Tonight had 1,5 million views after the first day and now it has about 32 million views.

but that wasnt debuted on twitter right ? dont forget a lot of people already seen it there. I guess they wanted to boost the followers and they did.

I watched the video many times again and cannot see it:-(
There are some similar images of MJ, but not like the one posted above.

When woman dancer touches the car window @ 1:40 to 1:43, there is no image of Mj through the class, or at least I cannot see it?

On different note, the more I watch it the more I like the way Michael's moves fits with song beat.

Hmmm just watched a few more times and I can definitely see his image in the window at about the 1:43 mark of the song. It is a very subtle thing but it is definitely there. Anyone else see it?

Marie Claire @marieclaire · 17h

Michael Jackson is STILL breaking records http://marie.cl/6017mFfv pic.twitter.com/cBISTdUrqx

Watch Michael Jackson's New Video for 'A Place With No Name'

It's the first to premiere exclusively on Twitter.

By Lauren Valenti

We've been enjoying the fruits of Michael Jackson's posthumous album Xscape all summer — trust that "Love Never Felt So Good" has gotten many a party started for us — and the late singer's estate has just dropped a new music video.

The video, directed by industry bigwig Samuel Bayer, is for Jackson's revision of 1972's "A Horse With No Name," by America, "A Place With No Name." The track, originally recorded in 1998, received a sonic facelift from producers Timbaland and SuperGate, who's previously worked with the likes ofBeyoncé, Rihanna, and Katy Perry. The vide, quite literally, brings the song's lyrics to life while featuring behind-the-scenes of the King of Pop dancing from 1991's "In The Closer" video.

The premiere was announced exclusively on Jackson's Twitter account and marks the first time a music video has premiered on the social networking site. Watch the video in the link, below:
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" title="Embedded Tweet" height="210" style="border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;"></iframe>

&#8203;http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...me-video?src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1449_80982938

Just enjoy the moment !!!

tumblr_nabbn3hcZL1smnzg4o1_500.gif

tumblr_nabbn3hcZL1smnzg4o3_500.gif

tumblr_nabbn3hcZL1smnzg4o2_500.gif

Michael Jackson Video A Place With No Name Released [Video]

Added by Douglas Cobb on August 14, 2014.
Saved under Douglas Cobb, Entertainment, Michael Jackson
Tags: A Place With No Name, Michael Jackson

Debuting exclusively on Twitter five years after the death of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, his estate has released a new video called A Place With No Name, which will likely be a big hit with his multitudes of fans. The video, the first one ever to debut solely on Twitter, incorporates outtakes from Jackson’s In the Closet video (1992), was directed by Samuel Bayer. Bayer is perhaps best-known for having directed Nirvana’s Feel Like Teen Spirit video, though he also made the Angels video for Robbie Williams.

According to Samuel Bayer, he feels that “there are a few more great things out there” and he hoped that “we’ll all have a chance to hear them.”

Besides the outtakes from Michael Jackson’s In the Closet video, A Place With No Home includes scenes of a couple dancing on a beach. The song, which was originally recorded in 1998, was heavily influenced by the song A Horse With No Name by the iconic rock group, America. The song is one of many that the Michael Jackson estate plans to release in the coming years. His estate reportedly has enough unreleased songs in its archives for several albums.

The posthumous album, Michael, did not warm the hearts of critics or fans. Xscape, the second posthumous Michael Jackson album compiled and released by his estate, has been doing much better, though sales have dropped off in recent weeks. A Place With No Name, produced by Rodney Jenkins, is the second video from Xscape so far.

One person who is not happy, at all, about the latest Michael Jackson video is one of his brothers, Jermaine Jackson. He spoke to Oprah Winfrey about how disgusted he was about the video and how he felt that it did not represent Michael Jackson’s style of music very well.

Jermaine stated that the music he was hearing in the A Place With No Name video “is not Michael — at all.” He expressed his belief that Michael did not release the song because he did not want it out. Jermaine said he did not think Michael would have put “all these hip-hop beats” in the song. According to Jermaine, “Michael would die over again if he heard what they were doing.”

Though Jermaine Jackson did not like how the video of Michael’s A Place With No Name turned out, he would probably be one of the first to acknowledge that his brother was an excellent musician and a role model for people around the world. It is little wonder that Michael Jackson’s fans still crave the chance to hear previously unreleased music by him.

Michael Jackson fans in Times Square got the opportunity this morning to see A Place With No Name as it was shown on the huge Sony screen there. Interspersed with the scenes of the couple dancing on a beach at the beginning of the video, there are black-and-white scenes of Michael Jackson and another dancer dancing in a desert environment.

Then, the rest of A Place With No Name is in color. Behind-the-scenes footage of Michael Jackson are included. Ever since 1992, the previously unreleased footage for the video had been in a vault.
Thanks to the Michael Jackson’s estate and producer, Samuel Bayer, A Place With No Name has now been released and the video is below. Though some people, like Michael’s brother, Jermaine, have voiced the opinion that Michael Jackson would not have liked how the video was produced, it is a chance for fans to hear the song and see the video and judge for themselves how it turned out. The near future is sure to see even more songs and videos released by the estate of Michael Jackson.
Written By Douglas Cobb
A Place With No Name Official Video
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YlJvMU-5NyA" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;"></iframe>

Sources:

Read more at http://guardianlv.com/2014/08/micha...h-no-name-released-video/#1eYTYR5tT3OwLt3O.99

Back