Votes: 34 26.8%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 48 37.8%
  • HIStory

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • Invincible

Votes: 14 11.0%

• Total voters
If there's ever a HIStory documentary, then Blood On The Dance Floor has to be included. Blood On The Dance Floor is too good to be ignored

Well, the 5 original songs. I don't care about the remixes, but especially Is It Scary and Morphine are important songs.

I prefer to call it an EP. And Is It Scary and Morphine are masterpieces

I couldn't agree more!! - Is It Scary is perfect - also BOTDF is great. Very funky. Superfly Sister is very different - but I still like it. Don't hear it very often though.

I prefer Is It Scary to Ghosts.

BOTDF was clearly an extentition to HIStory. So that should be one docu.

But since the HIStory era was mostly a success outside of the USA, I doubt there will ever be an USA based docu production about this.
Besides the fanbase, it's forgotten there, just like Invincible.

The mighty Dangerous era and it's link to the beginning of Micheals hard downfall towards the end would be more interesting for those in charge I guess.
But in the end we'll probably just end up with more Thriller docus...

If a History doc. came out I would only assume they'd speak about tracks on Blood On The Dance floor in the same light since many were from History sessions

BOTDF was clearly an extentition to HIStory. So that should be one docu.

But since the HIStory era was mostly a success outside of the USA, I doubt there will ever be an USA based docu production about this.
Besides the fanbase, it's forgotten there, just like Invincible.

The mighty Dangerous era and it's link to the beginning of Micheals hard downfall towards the end would be more interesting for those in charge I guess.
But in the end we'll probably just end up with more Thriller docus...
I think that would be interesting and it could also combine History, since the downfall is what led to many of those songs being written and used on that album. Maybe a nice five or six part documentary.

But I do think it's wise to wait on that-wait til all these other trials are over-IRS, especially Robson and Safechuck, Quincy and wait a few years after it's settled-too soon to bring it all up again right now. It's been one thing after another (both good and bad) since Michael's death, so it would be nice to have it in a period of calm.

I love all these documentaries, the issue that I see is.... Well the estate seems to think on such a large scale that they don't aim specifically at super fans like us.. They are thinking mass productions, while we want more intimate look into MJ' world.. ie. why a producer like Spike ran with it

I love all these documentaries, the issue that I see is.... Well the estate seems to think on such a large scale that they don't aim specifically at super fans like us.. They are thinking mass productions, while we want more intimate look into MJ' world.. ie. why a producer like Spike ran with it
Probably so. I hadn't really thought about it before because I've enjoyed BAD25 and Off the Wall docs so much, but they said in the IRS trial that they had selected directors like Spike and Kenny Ortega that would put Michael in the best possible light, because they wanted to celebrate him and introduce him to those generations that have come along that only knew him as a punch line.

After a few years, we might get some more intimate docs.

I understand what you're saying, but to a certain extent I think it's best that the estate thinks on a large scale as you put it.
To make sure Michael's legacy thrives they need to reach people that aren't already MJ fans like us in order to possibly make them fans.:)

A HIStory AND Blood On The Dancefloor doc in one would be great.

It should be from 1994-1999 really - the studio sessions beginning for HIStory - if it should mainly focus on music his marrige first to Lisa Marie and then Debbie might should not be mentioned - BUT regarding HIStory and BOTDF I think they need to comment on the things that were going on. - and hos this is MJ's responce to all the garbage... They should include stuff about the world tour, the great film Ghosts - and they even could mention MJ and friends - to show he raised money for a good cause - and maybe the crance incident/accident. How he hurt his back.

If they should cover 1994-1999 they would need to make it a 3 hour doc really. - I would love it. Lots of studio footage and MJ rehearsing for the tour.

I guess it'll never happen, but it's allowed to dream right... :lol:

I'll just say in the U.S. I would really like to see more emphasis on post 80's Michael material. He is categorized too quickly as an 80's artist (which is fairly understandable) but he did great and huge things after that point as well! Anything to get him out of that stigma, I'd love more of.

I would like to see a Dangerous documentary and a History documentary, followed by Invincible and Thriller.

Last edited:
I'll just say in the U.S. I would really like to see more emphasis on post 80's Michael material. He is categorized too quickly as an 80's artist (which is fairly understandable) but he did great and huge things after that point as well! Anything to get him out of that stigma, I'd love more of.

I agree michael was a ALL TIME ALL DEACADE ERA superstar he was more than just an 80's star

Thriller is done to death in my opinion, as much as I love it...I'm really interested in seeing a Dangerous doc more than anything tbh.

I'd like something from Dangerous or History, preferably History.
I think many of those songs on the History Album will resonate with alot of people today.

We need a Dangerous (or History) documentary. Dangerous is his best album ever. Give in to me, Will you be there and Who is it beat Thriller. The Estate missed a chance to get Michael out of the spotlight of being solely an 80s artist. He is more than that. Michael created better albums in the 90s. They can't ignore that.

Well speaking of documentaries.. Thriller documentary - I wonder if that will be specifically be about the video or the album/era..

Spike seemed to have his heart set on doing a doc about Thriller. I wonder if he's involved or did they give it to Landis?

Spike seemed to have his heart set on doing a doc about Thriller. I wonder if he's involved or did they give it to Landis?

Spike could do the Thriller era doc and John could re-do the making of Thriller. that would be perfect but it's very unlikely to happen :(

My favorite parts of documentaries are hearing new stories and seeing new footage.. As long as I get that, I'm good!

Landis only publicly said that he worked on the new version of the video. So we can't know for sure. But please, no Spike.

History was one of his most personal and interesting albums IMO it needs a documentary. Dangerous-History/BOTDF- Invincible deserve more exposure.

History was one of his most personal and interesting albums IMO it needs a documentary. Dangerous-History/BOTDF- Invincible deserve more exposure.

I totally agree with you. Dangerous, HIStory/BOTDF and Invincible are, IMO, Michael's best albums (although I love all of his music equally ;D), but they don't really get a lot of attention. A documentary for each of those albums would be an incredible idea. And if they ever do Thriller, I think that should be the last of the "saga" ;D

The Saga: Bad / Off the Wall / Dangerous or HIStory/BOTDF / HIStory/BOTDF or Dangerous / Invincible / Thriller

I totally agree with you. Dangerous, HIStory/BOTDF and Invincible are, IMO, Michael's best albums (although I love all of his music equally ;D), but they don't really get a lot of attention. A documentary for each of those albums would be an incredible idea. And if they ever do Thriller, I think that should be the last of the "saga" ;D

The Saga: Bad / Off the Wall / Dangerous or HIStory/BOTDF / HIStory/BOTDF or Dangerous / Invincible / Thriller

Agreed. Lately I've been listening to his later work more. I think a doc on his 90s+ releases would be more interesting.

I hastily voted for 'Thriller', but honestly, I don't want any. Michael's story has already been told. Anyone can come out after he's gone and take credit for what he did - which is what we're seeing now. The best they can do is release archival footage for the fans. The highlight of the 'Off The Wall' documentary for me was Michael's teachers (Sammy Davis Jr and Gene Kelly) praising him for taking their influence to the next level. Of course, Michael interviewing Fred Astaire. Most of that was outtakes from 'The Legend Continues' back in '88! It's better to just release that stuff if anything.

Back