Adam Lambert Calls Michael Jackson's Musical Style 'Groundbreaking'

RachelA

Proud Member
Adam Lambert Calls Michael Jackson's Musical Style 'Groundbreaking'
'It'll be really cool,' singer says of the premiere of 'Michael Jackson's This Is It.'
By Eric Ditzian

During season 8 of "American Idol," Adam Lambert became known for blurring boundaries, mixing elements of pop, '70s glam rock, metal, musical theater and more into his live performances. It's just that capacity to take risks that he so admires in Michael Jackson, whose "This Is It" documentary hits theaters on October 28.

"[H]is music so groundbreaking because he really brought a lot of rock into [it]," Lambert, who grew up listening to MJ and watching his videos, told MTV News. "He had initially set himself up with this R&B presence and he brought so much rock into it and I think it was really groundbreaking how he fused all those different styles together in a pop format. I'm very inspired by that musically."

With "Idol" behind him and his debut album coming soon, the 27-year-old singer released a fiery music video for the power ballad "Time For Miracles" on Wednesday (October 21). When we chatted with him earlier, Lambert not only praised MJ's music but also his iconic music videos.

"Visually, his videos were, like, you could not compete with Michael Jackson," Lambert said with a smile. "He was the one. He just took a lot of chances and really went full into his thematic choices and I'm inspired by that as well."

The singer professed to be looking forward to the premiere of "This Is It" for more than one reason: it will also mark a premiere for his career as well. "Time For Miracles" appears on the soundtrack for the upcoming big-budget disaster flick, "2012," and the trailer will run before Jackson's doc.

"That will be like a double-whammy for me that night, seeing what was left of his legacy and myself to do a little pre-show action," he said. "It'll be really cool."

Don't miss "Michael Jackson's This Is It" Premiere Special, airing on MTV and VH1 on Tuesday, October 27 at 8:30 p.m. ET! "Michael Jackson's This Is It" opens in a limited engagement on October 27 and wide on October 28.

Link to the article and video
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1624416/20091021/story.jhtml

now that MJ passed away, MTV comes in for the rescue... they've been reporting about him nicely without end... reporting all these "celebrity endorsements"... good thing... finally getting the good news from MTV all the time, after all... :(

Definitely have to agree with you there. MTV abandoned Michael for years and treated him like a joke, it's too little, too late.

MTV SUX!!!!!!
are they sure they don't want to give him an artist of the millienium award??

I hate MTV. They can go to hell and rot..Don't give a sh** what they say now, Michael cannot hear it and that what matters.

I wonder if Adam is really an MJ fan or just trying to promote his single? He didn't sound like he knew what to say, or maybe he's just an idiot!

I love Adam to! he is a MJ fan. he did a killer version of Black or White on Idol this past season. and i agree f**K Mtv!!too late to be kissing Micheal's ass. where the hell where they when he was alive? oh yeah making him out to be a joke!! piss off mtv!

now that MJ passed away, MTV comes in for the rescue... they've been reporting about him nicely without end... reporting all these "celebrity endorsements"... good thing... finally getting the good news from MTV all the time, after all... :(

yeah but it took his death to make 'em come around.

azzholes.

Well as much as I dislike MTV, I must agree. He moves like no other. Watching him dance literally makes me weak at the knees. When I see him I'm like, who does that, really. Only Mike of course. He is soooo amazing on sooo many different levels.

2 years time - Adam who? & folk still will be watching this is it.

Yawn!! I Yea we know you are an MJ fan shut up already. Ugg... stop that screaming into the microphone.

We all know Allison and Chris and that half black dude should have gotten famous

MTV has been releasing new articles on MJ every day. They have been in a full fledge MJ endorsement mode ever since his death. Before, they could really care less. So sad to see.

MTV SUX!!!!!!
are they sure they don't want to give him an artist of the millienium award??

please dont remind me how they made a joke out of him by artist of millinienum award, shame on them.

Back