AMC's The Walking Dead

SheilaMJFan4Ever

Proud Member
I couldn't find a thread for this show, so here it goes! It's a post-apocalypse themed show I recently picked up on 5 years into the tv series (better late than never). I haven't read the comic serial it's based on, primarily because I don't have time AND the tv show isn't following it to the letter, per the show's writers and Facebook fans.

The gore of the walkers (how they feed and how they're killed) can be a bit much if you're not a fan of horror, but it doesn't overpower the story lines. The show is filmed in Georgia, so I plan on making a mini road trip to check out the locations when I get the time this summer. :)

Anyone else like the show? Who are your favorite characters? So far the ones I like are still living to fight more zombies and shady humans (my faves: Rick Grimes, his son Carl, Michonne, Carol, Daryl and Glenn).

walking-dead-meme-one-does-not-simply-walk-into-atlanta_zpskgef55xr.jpg

I got into this show a couple years ago, first by binge watching on Netflix & just started watching this season on AMC. It's awesome and keeps you on your toes. You never know who's gonna die next. My favorite characters are probably Daryl and Michonne.

I got into this show a couple years ago, first by binge watching on Netflix & just started watching this season on AMC. It's awesome and keeps you on your toes. You never know who's gonna die next. My favorite characters are probably Daryl and Michonne.

I've noticed the writers don't discriminate when they kill off a character; Glenn may or may not be dead and he's one of the Atlanta Five! Tonight's episode is a 90 minute focus on Morgan and it's very interesting learning about his journey up to this point in the zombie apocalypse.

Wow, last night's episode! Still no word on Glenn, but Maggie is pregnant and made the hard decision not to go search for him... :cry:

Started binge watching this on Prime waiting for my cable to be installed. Took a couple of episodes or so to get into it really, but loord am I hooked! Daryl all the way :shifty:

Although I've really enjoyed the way the story develops and its various angles, I can't believe they're making us wait this long to find out about Glenn ugghhh :busted:

Started binge watching this on Prime waiting for my cable to be installed. Took a couple of episodes or so to get into it really, but loord am I hooked! Daryl all the way :shifty:

Although I've really enjoyed the way the story develops and its various angles, I can't believe they're making us wait this long to find out about Glenn ugghhh :busted:

That's how I got into the show, 4 seasons after they've been on the air, LMAO! I bought Seasons 1-4 on DVD and bought the season pass for 5 (I'm watching the current season the same way, via Amazon). I wasn't feeling Daryl until he stood up to Merle; now he's one of my favorites. :D

I hate to say it, but I think Glenn is a walker :bugeyed Even if he could squeeze under that dumpster I can't see how he'd be able to get away from the horde in the long run.

7267328647b2b47b263ab5850f05b00da4c2e3069cb72bb9f011c9e9ed9b4a7b_1.jpg

I'm holding out hope he's still alive. Maybe we'll find out next week.

I was hoping his fate would be revealed Sunday night, but NOOOOOOOOO, they introduced some ex-members of the Saviors group, arrrrggggghh! I haven't read the comics, but the show's Facebook fanpage always discuss what's in them and how the show is (and isn't) following it verbatim. The official TWD page announced the casting of the Negan character and it seems he's a real S.O.B! Negan is the leader those Saviors are running from and it's rumored that Daryl may get Glenn's comics death. If Glenn is already dead or a walker, then it would make sense they give his death to another character. Hershel was given Tyreese's death (per the comic readers), so it won't be a first if they switched deaths. I hope the writers/producers wouldn't keep our hope alive about Glenn, bring him back, then have him killed by Negan. That would be real f*cked up, lol!

I'm keeping hope alive Glenn IS alive! We may have to wait awhile to find out... :crackingup:

Glenn%20season%2015_zps1jddx5ks.jpg

^lol yeah I heard about that too about Negan. I haven't read the comics either. It would be stupid to bring him back only to have him killed off. But then I don't want Daryl to be killed either xD. Either way it's going to be bad when this new character shows up.

^lol yeah I heard about that too about Negan. I haven't read the comics either. It would be stupid to bring him back only to have him killed off. But then I don't want Daryl to be killed either xD. Either way it's going to be bad when this new character shows up.

I'm not looking forward to it at ALL! Negan is going to be a million times worse than the Governor and he's going to kill off a main character for sure. :bugeyed

Negan%20starting%20riots_zpssmtgdf8k.jpg

Well, I don't watch The Walking Dead, BUT Jeffrey Dean Morgan has been cast as Negan and I hope he gets killed off.

Because he ALSO joined The Good Wife, MY favorite show, this year and his character is getting really interesting. :) in fact, the show is returning back to its earlier quality glory days and Morgan is great!

So I want him on TGW as much as possible!! Lol.

Well, I don't watch The Walking Dead, BUT Jeffrey Dean Morgan has been cast as Negan and I hope he gets killed off.

Because he ALSO joined The Good Wife, MY favorite show, this year and his character is getting really interesting. :) in fact, the show is returning back to its earlier quality glory days and Morgan is great!

So I want him on TGW as much as possible!! Lol.

I'm not familiar with him or his other roles, but the Dead fans seem to be excited about him. Many of them are looking forward to Negan killing one of the main characters, lol!

Glenn is ALIVE!!! I literally screamed when they showed how he escaped being eaten. No Daryl in this latest episode and it's almost that time when they take a mid-season break (until February )...aaarrrggghhh! My heart sank when the church tower fell on the wall. How in the hell can they stop the walkers from coming in now?!

The mid-season finale left a lot unanswered, plus adding glimpses of what's to come in February! **SPOILER ALERT** That falling church tower tore a huge hole in the fence and the horde poured in (while Glenn and Enid watched from a distance), my heart skipped a couple of ***** as Rick fell to the ground and barely escaped them! There were close calls with Maggie too (she almost didn't make it up the ladder to the watch platform and the walkers almost had her.) None of Rick's core group got killed, but Alexandria's co-founder, Deanna got bit.

The method they used to get through the herd was a throwback from season one and it was working, then Jesse's youngest son (Sam) began calling out to her. I wanted to jump through my laptop and smack him, LOL!

Balloon%20Dead_zpswzixwdec.jpg

When%20you%20know%20you%20r%20screwed_zpsf06jdwnc.jpg

Sam%20Stewie_zps8nx7zme8.jpg

What a place to end it. I knew that kid was gonna screw things up.

What a place to end it. I knew that kid was gonna screw things up.

They should have left him behind, lol! Little brat is going to end up getting somebody killed and I hope it isn't any of the main characters (Rick, Michonne or Carl). I don't like that they break up the season, but hopefully February will get here quickly!

What a great episode!
I never saw the 3 back to back deaths coming. It was kinda dark, even for walking dead. Kinda bummed Ricks love interest won't move forward anymore.

There was this brief moment I thought Sam getting bit was just in his head, and someone was gonna shake him out of his daze
And then of course, Ron lost his mind again.

Carl losing his...wow, but, I'm still not over Jessie being gone :(

I think it was the best episode yet! Amazing! And as AtlasAir said in the previous post, it was very dark!

I'm glad Jessie and her problem children are gone, lol! That entire family was weak, including her wife/children beating husband, Pete.

Spoiler Alert confirmed: RICHONNE is gonna happen! :party: :punk: :girl_dance:

Yaaaaasssssssssssss!!!!!

Richonne%20spoiler%20alert%20Feb%202016_zpskrfdvbar.jpg

Richonne%20stay%20awhile_zpsxk9qjdkc.gif

SPOILER ALERT
Great cause' I actually really like her, she's amazing and he's my favorite character! Also, Lori was annoying and Jessie wasn't bad but wasn't Rick material hahaha.

Just saw on the news that the police got a 911 call from a woman hearing explosions and crazed screaming from a house across the street. They ordered them out with their hands up.

Turns out the family was watching The Walking Dead. :)

you don't put spoiler alert and the spoiler in the same line...
Ugh

Just saw on the news that the police got a 911 call from a woman hearing explosions and crazed screaming from a house across the street. They ordered them out with their hands up.

Turns out the family was watching The Walking Dead.
:)

I'm sure the cops were probably called again tonight due to the love connection Rick and Michonne finally made, LMAO! That Jesus dude nabbed by Daryl and Rick is already making his creep factor known (watching RICHONNE get it on, lol!)

Back