American Idol - Season 9

I was hoping for Crystal also. Ah well....it is what it is! *shrugs*
It was suprising but good luck to Lee DeWyze!

Idol sure isnt what it use to be.
Paula's gone, Simon's leaving.... well, he's gone.

Now JANET! She threw doooooowwwnnn!! I loved her performance and her look!

I'm sure many didnt know she was appearing and thats whats so suprising and great about it.

Idol finally got a JACKSON on the show.
This indicates to me that MJ was asked to be on the show but
must have turned them down or something.

americanidol052610b.jpg

Oh I forgot about Janet's hair totally :D Can't wait to see the last show!

And it's always the second best who succees better after the contest, at least that's how it's been here.

I liked Lee earlier in the competition but he fizzled out for me. He seemed to get more & more easy going, til there seemed to be no energy from him. Crystal seemed to out sing him. There were times when they did a duet together on the very last night & I couldn't hear Lee.

It was good to see Janet & I got the feeling that Michael might have performed on American Idol this time around after turning it down in the past. The final was better than I thought it was going to be w/the surprise guests. It was nice to have a Chicago medley & a Hall & Oats medley & to even see MacDonald even if he was on too briefly.

Do you think this show will become less popular now Simon has left? I'm wondering if I'll even be available in the UK.

I was hoping for Crystal also. Ah well....it is what it is! *shrugs*
It was suprising but good luck to Lee DeWyze!

Idol sure isnt what it use to be.
Paula's gone, Simon's leaving.... well, he's gone.

Now JANET! She threw doooooowwwnnn!! I loved her performance and her look!

I'm sure many didnt know she was appearing and thats whats so suprising and great about it.

Idol finally got a JACKSON on the show.
This indicates to me that MJ was asked to be on the show but
must have turned them down or something.

And I was a little disappointed when the idol contestants started singing "with a little help from my friends" and Joe Cocker came out. I was hoping for Paul McCartney! But the bluesy version should have been a clue for me.

Slightly off topic but since Chicago was on "Idol" are any of you familiar with their lead singer and bassist, Jason Scheff? He replaced Peter Cetera in the 80's. I'm a big fan and have even met him a few times. He's a very nice guy. When Michael died he wrote something on his Facebook about briefly meeting him. It was a very nice write-up.

Edit: A little Jason Scheff trivia...his dad Jerry Scheff played bass guitar for Elvis!

Yes I've wacth the season finale of it & let me tell each & everyone on this thread right now. Janet killed it!!! we did 'Nasty' at the end I though it was so fantastic! & Janet did sounded like Micheal... when did that song 'Nothing' Oh man!

@ Love.him. Yep. AI has been a wrap for a long time now.

At least they went out with a BANG!!
I agree, the FINALE was really good thanks to Ms.Jackson if ya NASTY!;)

Bye bye AI!

I dont know I thought Lee was kind of boring. I liked Crystal because she had something unique about her style. Its been a boring season though overall. I guess we'll have to see what kind of songs he will make.

Season 8 was my favorite though with Adam :) Cant wait to see him on the glam nation tour!!

Back