ANTIQUES ROADSHOW - Appraisal of Michael Jackson Drawings

qbee

Proud Member
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW - Appraisal of Michael Jackson Drawings

A woman who went to school with Michael Jackson in Encino, salvaged some drawings he threw away in 1972-73. She brings them in to Antiques Roadshow for an appraisal. Michael was aprox 14 or 15 years old when he sketched the pictures. She said he would sketch pictures in class and then just ball them up and throw them away. She really like his Chaplin sketch and asked him if she could have it. It wasn't signed so at the urging of her father she took it back the next day and asked him to sign it. We know he had a great respect and felt an affinity with Charlie Chaplin over the years, which James Supp, the appraiser, discusses as well. I believe the tutor they discusses in the 2nd drawing is Michael's tutor Ms. Rose Fine, who he also respected and loved. The appraiser said that after discussing the sketches with his colleagues, he felt they could be worth aprox 8 to 10 Thousand dollars each at auction.

A total value of $16,000.00 to $20,000.00

In Anaheim Hour 1, James Supp appraises these Michael Jackson drawings, ca. 1973.

http://youtu.be/Q05YTIdpdOs

Watch the episode on Anaheim Hour 1 Monday, April 21 at 8/7c on PBS!

Source: im4mj.blogspot , pbs.org

Last edited:
28b5rmh.jpg

29zogp.jpg

Wow very nice. I love to look at Michael's drawings. The Charlie Chaplin one is just awesome.

It is so sad to see this treasure lost out there .... or worse being auctioned. :( If you were me, I would find a way to send to PPB. The drawings would be safe and who knows in the future could be in a museum dedicated to Michael. Would love to see a large collection of drawings (and many other precious items) in a museum dedicated to Michael. Maybe one day.... :pray:

Giving these to the children would be the right thing to do.

It is so sad to see this treasure lost out there .... or worse being auctioned. :( If you were me, I would find a way to send to PPB. The drawings would be safe and who knows in the future could be in a museum dedicated to Michael. Would love to see a large collection of drawings (and many other precious items) in a museum dedicated to Michael. Maybe one day.... :pray:

I agree. I didn't get to see the show- it was over by the time I got home and I forgot to set my DVR :(. Anyway, $16-$20k sounds like not very much. I would have valued these at "priceless" and, I'm with you Ashtanga. I would have made sure they found their way to his kids. That's where they belong.

These should be immortalized & laminated, placed in a glass display case at an official Michael Jackson museum in Neverland with everything you can think of, Gold Records, Grammy Awards, AMA's, Gloves, Fedora's, Loafers, 2000Watt speakers, huge jumbotrons, autographs, permanent hologram (made from whichever possible footage) among other thing's, these are HIStoric artifacts.. the charlie chaplin sketch is stunning, Michael's children should own EVERYTHING.

I would love to see all this stuff in a museum at Neverland, would love to visit Neverland before I shrug off this mortal coil:timer:

Back