Any Fans Of the Music Group "Daft Punk" Here?

Kingofpop4ever3000

Proud Member
Mods: I didn't see a thread for Daft Punk. If there is another thread, can you please merge or delete my thread.

I am a new fan of the electronic music group Daft Punk. I was wondering if there are other fans of them here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daft Punk's New Album, 'Random Access Memories,' Out In May

By Jason Lipshutz, New York | March 23, 2013 3:10 PM EDT

Daft Punk's long-awaited new album finally has a title and release date: "Random Access Memories," out May 21 on the electronic stars' Daft Life imprint (in association with new label Columbia Records), is now available for pre-order on iTunes.

The follow-up to 2005's "Human After All" will indeed contain 13 tracks, after reports surfaced last week that Sony Music had registered 13 untitled tracks through licensing organization PPL. Last month, Daft Punk confirmed that they had signed to Columbia, and on Mar. 2, a mysterious television ad aired during "Saturday Night Live" featuring 15 seconds of a new song.

In addition to their three studio albums beginning with 1997's "Homework," the highly influential French production duo of Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo released the soundtrack to "Tron: Legacy" in 2010. Daft Punk also released their second live album, "Alive 2007," in 2007.

After Daft Punk announced a strategic alliance with Ultra Records earlier this year, the duo's 15-second "SNL" commercial was projected onto a building outside of the Ultra Music Festival in Miami on Friday night. Could Daft Punk crash the second weekend of this year's Ultra fest? Stay tuned.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...s-new-album-random-access-memories-out-in-may

Last edited:
The new clips I heard on the site were amazing. I'm really looking forward to it! :D

Well, i would not call myself a fan because i have only heard a few songs but i love "Around The World" and "Robot Rock". A few years ago, i could listen to "Robot Rock" for so long. Lol, i just noticed the beat of that song fits Aniram's siggy perfectly. I'd have loved to see Michael dance to this song the way he did during the N'sync surprise appearance at the mtv video music awards. This song makes me wanna dance !!!!!!! Aowww !!!! Like, uh hee !!!!! :D

Arent they the group that did that club dancey track "around the world"?

^^^ Yes, they are. Thank you so much for reading my post. :(:eviltongue::angry::mat::tickingtimebomb

I remember that song the most cuz it used to be played alot at the underage dance club i went to when i was a teenager

Ummmm why all the angry smileys???? :huh:

Daft Punk Releases Official 'Get Lucky' Single

By David Greenwald | April 19, 2013 12:06 AM EDT

Daft Punk's "Random Access Memories" lead track is finally available after weeks of leaks and teases.

After the commercials, teases, hints, edits, rumors and near-Coachella appearances -- Daft Punk's new single has officially arrived.

The French duo has built anticipation for "Get Lucky" and the May-due album "Random Access Memories" to a fever pitch in recent months, airing 15 seconds of new tracks on a series of ads airing during "Saturday Night Live," and wowing Coachella festival-goers last week with surprise video footage featuring the band, in their ever-present robot helmets, jamming with guests Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers.

Ravenous fans have turned the glimpses of new material into 10-hour extended mixes and attempted recreations of "Get Lucky," as purported leaks of the song emerged in the run-up to the official release on Thursday evening just before midnight, with a radio edit becoming available on iTunes. The funky track -- propelled by Rodgers' guitar work -- rises into Williams' falsetto chorus before Daft Punk's signature vocoder sounds make their way into the bridge.

Years of reports of the group's extensive collaborations for the new album -- from Rodgers and Williams to electronic pioneer Giorgio Moroder -- were confirmed with this week's release of the collection's track list, which also features the Strokes' Julian Casablancas, Paul Williams, Todd Edwards and Animal Collective's Panda Bear.

The album is the secretive act's first studio LP since 2005's "Human After All." Daft Punk has since released a live set, "Alive 2007," as well as the soundtrack to 2010's "TRON: Legacy." "Random Access Memories" is due May 21.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1558833/daft-punk-releases-official-get-lucky-single

Daft Punk's 'Get Lucky' Sets Record on Spotify

By Associated Press | April 20, 2013 2:44 PM EDT

The music service, which launched in 2008, says the French electronic duo's song "Get Lucky" had the biggest streaming day for a single track on Friday in the U.S. and the United Kingdom. Spotify wouldn't release the number of streams.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" previously held the record for most streams in a day in the U.S. British band Bastille had the title in the United Kingdom with the song "Pompeii."

Daft Punk Releases Official 'Get Lucky' Single

Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" features rapper-producer Pharrell and influential producer/ bassist Nile Rodgers. It's the first single from the group's fourth album, "Random Access Memories," due out May 21. Years of reports of the group's extensive collaborations for the new album -- from Rodgers and Williams to electronic pioneer Giorgio Moroder -- were confirmed with this week's release of the collection's track list, which also features the Strokes' Julian Casablancas, Paul Williams, Todd Edwards and Animal Collective's Panda Bear.

The album is the secretive act's first studio LP since 2005's "Human After All." Daft Punk has since released a live set, "Alive 2007," as well as the soundtrack to 2010's "TRON: Legacy." "Random Access Memories" is due May 21.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1559016/daft-punks-get-lucky-sets-record-on-spotify

I'm not really a fan of theirs but I read they would pay tribute to Michael on their new album:

tumblr_inline_mldrl51cHZ1qz4rgp.jpg

Here is their MJ edit:

They could have added a little bit more of MJ to it:)

I agree, they could have added more of Michael but I really loved that version anyway, even more than the original with Pharrell.
My favorite album of the band is Discovery but the song One More Time. I also love Around The World, it was the first song I listened from them.

Daft Punk's 'Random Access Memories' Heading For Big Sales, Aiming For No. 1
By Keith Caulfield, L.A. | May 17, 2013 3:08 PM EDT

Daft Punk's new album, "Random Access Memories," is heading for a big sales week and the act's first No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Industry sources suggest the album, due out on May 21, may sell between 250,000 and 300,000 copies in its first week. That whopping figure is more than twice the total sales of its last studio album, 2005's "Human After All," to date (125,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan).

Pre-orders for the album have been strong, sources say, with volume picking up noticeably after the iTunes Store began streaming the album on Monday, May 13.

"Random" should easily earn the best sales week for a dance/electronic album in more than a year. The last dance set to move more than 250,000 in a week was Madonna's "MDNA," when it sold 359,000 in its first week of release in March of 2012.

A start of at least 250,000 for "Random" would be three times larger than Daft Punk's previous best sales week. Presently, the duo's highest one-week sum was logged in December 2010, when its "TRON: Legacy" soundtrack debuted with 71,000 at No. 10.

"TRON" marked the first top 10 for Daft Punk, ultimately peaking at No. 4 in January of 2011. It has so far sold 585,000.

The veteran dance/electronic act's highest-selling album is 2001's "Discovery," with 792,000 sold.

The new "Random" album is Daft Punk's first for Columbia Records, and was led by the single "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams. The song is Daft Punk's biggest hit ever on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, so-far peaking at No. 14 earlier this month.

"Get Lucky" has sold 350,000 downloads to date, and is still growing in airplay. This week it roses 58-46 on Radio Songs (aka Hot 100 Airplay on billboard.biz). In the week ending Tuesday, May 14, its Hot 100 radio audience grew to 31 million (up 30% according to Nielsen BDS).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...emories-heading-for-big-sales-aiming-for-no-1

Daft Punk Bow At No. 1 on Britain's Albums Chart

By Paul Sexton | May 27, 2013 11:52 AM EDT

Daft Punk’s “Random Access Memories” (Columbia/Sony Music Entertainment) made its expected powerful debut on the U.K. album chart Sunday (May 26), becoming the fastest-selling artist set of the year to date with opening sales of 165,000.

Its single “Get Lucky,” featuring Pharrell Williams, ceded top spot to the new entry “La La La” (Virgin/Universal) by Naughty Boy featuring Sam Smith, which in turn became the U.K.’s fastest-selling single of 2013 with 145,000 sales last week.

“Random Access Memories” thus overtook Michael Bublé’s “To Be Loved” (Reprise/Warner Music), which started with 121,000 sales last month. “Get Lucky,” meanwhile, has now taken its tally to 711,000 downloads, according to the Official Charts Company.

Rod Stewart’s “Time” (Capitol/Decca/Universal), which debuted at No. 1 last week, fell into runner-up spot, but its sales held up well, on 52,000 compared to its first-week 57,000.

With 21,000 sales, The National’s sixth studio album “Trouble Will Find Me” (4AD) gave them their best-ever U.K. start at No. 3, after 2010’s “High Violet” reached No. 5.

Reunited Scottish pop-rock mainstays Texas saw their first album for eight years, “The Conversation” (PIAS Recordings), enter at No. 4. It’s now 24 years since the band fronted by Sharleen Spiteri made their chart debut with the No. 8 single hit “I Don’t Want A Lover” and No. 3 album “Southside.”

Completing a run of four new entries in the top five were 30 Seconds To Mars, also landing their best-ever U.K. album chart placing as “Love Lust Faith + Dreams” (Polydor/Universal) joined the bestsellers at No. 5. Their previous best showing was the No. 28 peak of both 2007’s “The Kill (Rebirth)” and 2009’s “Kings and Queens.”

Demi Lovato’s “Demi” (Hollywood/Universal) arrived at No. 10 as her single “Heart Attack” fell 3-11. Jamie Cullum’s “Momentum” (Universal Island) took its bow at No. 20, while the compilation chart champion for a ninth straight week is “Now That’s What I Call Music! 84” (EMI TV/UMTV/Universal).

The artist album chart also represented the end of an era for Emeli Sandé’s “Our Version of Events” (Virgin/Universal), which fell 8-15, its first-ever week outside the top ten after an unbroken, record-breaking run for a debut album of 66 weeks.

New singles chart leader Naughty Boy, otherwise known as Shahid Khan, has worked with Rihanna, Tinie Tempah and Sandé, who featured on his late 2012 U.K. No. 10 hit “Wonder” and, with Wiley, on the 2010 No. 8 track “Never Be Your Woman.” London singer-songwriter Sam Smith, who features on the new No. 1 “La La La,” was also on Disclosure’s 2012 No. 11 song “Latch.”

Also on the new singles chart, Passenger’s “Let Her Go” (Nettwerk) fell 2-3 while “We Own It (Fast and Furious)” (Def Jam/Universal) by 2 Chainz featuring Wiz Khalifa arrived at No. 6. Emmelie de Forest’s “Only Teardrops” (Sony Music), which won the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest for Denmark on May 18, raced 99-15.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1564944/daft-punk-bow-at-no-1-on-britains-albums-chart

Ooh man its like crazy , i wasn't know them until this new album RAM i play it everyday and its like what i was looking for .

Lose Yourself To Dance would have been a great MJ song!

I love how the person who made this video synched the hand clapping during the train dance line to the beat :D

@AtlasAir ... damn that video is awesomely cool... and the song... when I heard it the first time, I thought the same... it would have been a perfect song for MJ, love the song...

Unfortunately, most of MJ fans listening to the music like from Duft Punk or Bruno Mars and co. ... can only dream of the situation like... what it would have been like if... Michael had had recorded and released such songs and albums...

Michael totally missed the chances and wasted the time..., I personally have no excuse for it..., as an artist, MJ ended up in the 2000...., he simply artistically burnt out..., and the comeback in 2009 literally killed him...

We, the MJ fans have only great memories dating back to the 80s and 90s..., everything after 2000 is/was simply ... WRONG...

^ I don't know why you always have to find a way to make negative remarks about Michael, no matter what the subject is.

Unfortunately, most of MJ fans listening to the music like from Duft Punk or Bruno Mars and co. ... can only dream of the situation like... what it would have been like if... Michael had had recorded and released such songs and albums...

Well, Michael recorded and released Off The Wall, which is the type of music and sound that these artists that you praise over Michael are now trying to bring back and recreate 35 years later. Just saying. Michael influenced these artists not the other way around.

^ I don't know why you always have to find a way to make negative remarks about Michael, no matter what the subject is.

Well, Michael recorded and released Off The Wall, which is the type of music and sound that these artists that you praise over Michael are now trying to bring back and recreate 35 years later. Just saying. Michael influenced these artists not the other way around.

Sorry, I think I can have my say..., well... even negative, I can admire Michael for what he had done, BUT... there is no excuse for any of his negative decisions or passive attitude towards music and music biz.

Sorry, (not only) MJ fans can not live off of the old times, hello... 35 years ago...? Really? In 2009-2013...? (what about Paul McCartney? you can question his music today, but hey... he is alive, prolific, newly married, happy.... and considered the ICON, no scandals, no allegations, no trials, no debts..., because being the ICON doesnt mean to endure anything what MJ had been going through the last 10 years of his life...., such wasted time...)

Thats why not only I am so pissed off that MJ did not record such great albums like the DPs RAM, I mean the music (like songs Touch, or Lose yourself to dance), he never experimented... but hey... this is the thread about DP... so I was just comparing my feelings of the music of RAM to MJ, I mean, what I would want Michael to record...., and what he never did.

Sorry, I think I can have my say..., well... even negative, I can admire Michael for what he had done, BUT... there is no excuse for any of his negative decisions or passive attitude towards music and music biz.

Sorry, (not only) MJ fans can not live off of the old times, hello... 35 years ago...? Really? In 2009-2013...? (what about Paul McCartney? you can question his music today, but hey... he is alive, prolific, newly married, happy.... and considered the ICON, no scandals, no allegations, no trials, no debts..., because being the ICON doesnt mean to endure anything what MJ had been going through the last 10 years of his life...., such wasted time...)

Thats why not only I am so pissed off that MJ did not record such great albums like the DPs RAM, I mean the music (like songs Touch, or Lose yourself to dance), he never experimented... but hey... this is the thread about DP... so I was just comparing my feelings of the music of RAM to MJ, I mean, what I would want Michael to record...., and what he never did.

Yes, Paul McCartney is alive, newly married, happy and did not have to go through scandals and allegations like Michael did. Paul McCartney had an easier life compared to Michael Jackson and the media never made it as difficult it for him as they did for Michael. Great for him. So? What does that have to do with anything? Should I bow down to Paul for the fact he was better treated or what?

As for living off the old times. Michael is dead. So we will have to live off the old times whether you accept it or not. His last 10 years weren't particularly productive, but he faced so much BS I don't know how anyone can blame him for not putting out one hit after another in the 2000s. Just tenth of what he had to face would have killed any other artist's career.

As for your opinion that Michael never did such a great album as RAM, well you are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. I don't dislike Daft Punk and RAM, but c'mon.... Let's leave it at that as you cannot argue about taste.

One thing is for certain: when I see today's artists I see a LOT of Michael influence on them and it makes me proud. You bring up Bruno Mars and say MJ fans can only dream of such great music. Forgive me for laughing, but I find that funny. Especially considering the fact how much Bruno was influenced by Michael. Justin Timberlake is just about to release a new album which promises to have the Off The Wall sound and feel. Daft Punk's latest music, although not solely influenced by Michael, but it's also influenced by that 70s disco era sound, including Off The Wall. They even mentioned Michael as one of the artists they are paying a tribute to with the album. And Pharell Williams with whom they created RAM's biggest hits, cites Michael as one of his biggest influences. So Michael's influence is everywhere. All these artists who are hip today would give their right arm for having an album which will still be influential in 30-35 years.

Last edited:
Daft Punk just said this:

Daft Punk first bonded over their love of Bruce Springsteen.
The ‘Get Lucky’ band – Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter – saw ‘The Boss’ on the same tour in 1985, and although they didn’t know each other at the time it was a pivotal point for them both.
Thomas told NME magazine: ”Before I knew Guy-Man we both went to the Born in the USA tour. We met each other a few years later and realised we were both there. I have very vivid memories of that show, mostly because he started his set with ‘Born in the USA’.

”That was his biggest track and I thought he was so self-confident, so bold. But the show was super strong, he didn’t go downhill. It seemed like such a cool move.”

The disco loving duo also bonded over their mutual love of Michael Jackson, with Thomas picking ‘Thriller’ as the record which changed his life.

He added: ”Everything about it – the music video, the packaging, the whole thing. I remember having the video cassette with the music video, the Motown anniversary where he does the moonwalk, and the documentary by Michael Landis where you see Michael Jackson in make-up, it’s my favorite.”

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/daft-punk-bonded-over-springsteen_3760224

Back