Anybody allergic to anything???

I always thought I was not allergic to anything, but I just recently found out that my bad breathing through my nose is due to allergies.. I always thought it was a pollip (sp) problem..

Last edited:
I've been allergic to certain grass sorts since I was a child, first I was getting sore and watery eyes, swollen nose and throat for years, later on I started to get rashes on the skin and in recent years it has become hard for me to breathe during the grass season. I have to take medication, both pills and inhallation from May to July to help with the symptoms.

A few years ago I discovered I could not have fluid milk, it's making me sick. I have never really liked milk or milk products, the sight and smell of it alone is enough to make me sick, but I actually discovered that I was getting all kinds of problems from eating milk products. I can eat certain products in small doses like a little cheese, because it doesn't contain much lactosis, but all in all I've tried to substitute milk with soja products in recent years which is fine. You just have to take care you're getting enough calcium.

Other than that, I don't know about other allergies, but I will certainly have myself tested again soon. Allergies can change ... you can "lose" some, while getting new ones, or the ones you have can become stronger or develop different symptoms.

Last edited:
Hi,

Like the title says... I'd like to know if anyone else on this forum is allergic to anything.
I'm allergic to a lot of stuff:
>>I can't eat milk, eggs, red meat, kiwifruit ( This also means that I can't eat ice-cream, cake, butter,...), I've never drunk Cola in my life, I start sneezing when I'm around cats or birds
I think that's it but I might have forgotten something:scratch:

I don't really mind that I'm allergic to all those things because I'm used to it... I have it since birth:)
The only thing that bothers me now is the eczema. Bcause I'm allergic to so many things I've got a very sensitive skin. I usually get it on my hands (like now) so I have to put a lot of lotion and bandages on them all day and I can't draw or do something in the garden, even typing is hard :yes:.
But I know there are much, much worse things in life!

So, are you allergic to anything???

I am severely allergic to all shapes and types of shellfish. I keep an Epi-pen in my pocketbook just in case... It is that bad. I almost had an anaphylactic reaction the last time I had shellfish unknowingly. And that was very very scary...

I was born allergic to Penicillin, but out grew it by 10. Now I'm severley allergic to rabbits from over exposure since I've had them most of my life, just being around them can cause allergin asmtha that last for a few days and turns into nocturnal asmtha at night. If I touch them I get really itchy and swell.

I am severely allergic to all shapes and types of shellfish. I keep an Epi-pen in my pocketbook just in case... It is that bad. I almost had an anaphylactic reaction the last time I had shellfish unknowingly. And that was very very scary...

I never had such a quick reaction on something. I do get sick immediately when I eat some things. But it's not deadly. I know shellfish can be pretty bad if you're allergic to them. Like peanuts, for some people just a very little piece of peanut can be deadly :yes:.

Back