Anyone Teena Marie Fans?

It's only the bottom ones that is working:yes: I haven't heard of her before :no: but she has got a soothing voice:wub:

I heard about Teena Marie's death this morning and I thought I was hearing things!! She definitely was a performer who gave you your money's worth....and did not play around on that stage!! Pop audiences and radio didn't really give her the recognition she deserved except for her only cross-over hit "Lover Girl". She was more embraced by the R & B audience and radio and she wouldn't have it any other way.

RIP Lady T--our honorary soul 'sista'.

yes one of my favorite white artist she is history very legendary she use to live in my home town harlem years ago where she study true soul music im bumpin all her classics today Tinamarie Will be very well miss love her alway everyone pray for her daughter and family. Im heartbroken hate to hear bout legends dying

I am not really familiar with her myself..however for all of you that are fans of hers..I am sorry for your loss,,,:hug:

Damn y'all. I'm so sad right now. I made this thread a while back. I've been a Teena fan for years. I can't believe she passed away. Totally shocking and unexpected. She was a great talent and she will be sorely missed.

I wouldn't exactly call myself a "fan" but I do remember her dance music from the 80's (I was in my late teens/20's then) and liked her music. She had a powerful set of pipes. This was sad news. Yet another person gone much too soon.

My heart is broken. Teena Marie was an R&B Empress, a music pioneer, a brilliant songwriter/producer with the most original powerhouse vocals ever. Nobody sang like Teena! But above all she was an exceptional human being, a humanitarian and an authentic friend who I will miss dearly. ~ Holly Robinson Peete

It’s a loss for those who loves her music, but also the music world. ~ Cindy Herron (En Vogue)

If there is a word called talent or talented, it was pouring out of her veins. She was an amazing phenomenon. There was Chaka Khan, Patti Labelle and Teena Marie. And you don’t want to go on stage with any of them. Those three you just don’t play with. ~ Lionel Richie

OMG!!!! RIP Teena Marie…speechless…shocked. ~ Taraji P. Henson

Educate.Learn.Absorb.Share. She was an amazing work of art. Most believed [Rick] James produced all her records. Truth is she produced these on her own…the mark of a true artist is when their album cuts get more love than the hits. Marie's magic was defined by her album cuts. ~ Questlove

RIP to the legendary Ms Teena Marie. Luv u always! We'll celebrate & sing in your memory! ~ Kimora Lee Simmons

R.I.P. Lady T! Your rhyme in Square Biz is and will always be classic material…Teena and I are both Pisces and we believe that we've been here before. Thats why De Ja Vu is my favorite song. ~ Common

We're shocked and deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Teena Marie. She was one of the most memorable, soulful and unique R&B vocalists to come out of Motown. We send or condolences to Teena's family, the entire Motown family and of course, our dear friend Berry Gordy. ~ Gamble & Huff

RIP Teena Marie – an amazing songstress and trailblazer with so much soul and that's 'Square Biz.' We love you. ~ Hill Harper

In memory of Teena Marie @thedjaone is playing her songs on our ride back to atl. An amazing artist ~ Kandi Burruss

God bless Teena Marie and her family. Sending blessings and prayers I was just saing that 'Fire and Desire' is one of the most beautifully performed songs. Once a beautiful song, always a beautiful song. Certain songs just have that 'thing.' What a sangin lady. ~ Alicia Keys

I spoke with her yesterday…Teena has passed. I just found out my friend is gone. ~ Kim Whitley

Some folks don't know who Teena Marie is…wow. You can run my mini Teena Marie playlist back to the top then do it again, hopefully a young singer can take this blueprint she left. RIP. ~ Q-Tip

Ms. Teena taught me how to handle my 'Square Biz' Stop going 'Out on a Limb.' She also said I could not have made more noise even if 'I was a bell.' To never lose my 'Fire and Desire' because 'a Rose' by any other name is still a rose. That one day I would find my 'Portuguese Lover' and to keep my eyes open for 'Cassanova Brown,' but if you ever need me Shante just call out for 'Lady T.' RIP TEENA MARIE I LOVE YOU ~ Roxanne Shante

I will miss my girl Teena Marie. Real music by real people. God bless my sistah and her family. You will be missed. ~ Sheila E

R.I.P. Teena Marie! Father, Thank You for the gift you gave Teena Marie and for the Lady herself! 'Absent from the body...present with the Lord!' It's with this knowledge and knowing she loved you, we have peace and joy and the ability to celebrate her life! We lift up her family. Send your angels to strengthen and comfort them! In Jesus' name we pray, Amen! ~ Shirley Murdock

I truly loved Teena Marie's music…her attitude on rec[ords] raised me as a woman [and] artist. RIP Teena Marie tru[e] blue eyed soul. ~ Teedra Moses

OMG! Sadly it is true. We lost a great one…please, please, please pray for the family and friends. My heart is so heavy right now. ~ Tichina Arnold

Teena Marie inspired me vocally as a child. Her songs I sang in the mirror with a hair brush. I'm so hurt.I'll love you forever Teena Marie…in my heart she's Teena. So rest in peace Teena. I love you. Every girl that grew up in the hood with her blasting through the windows, cars and radio waves can feel me. ~ Mary J. Blige

so sad.. I bet Teena's family won't throw her under the bus and talk about her past struggles with prescriptions.
I doubt that the general public even knows who Teena is, so no one's gonna ask about her private life. It's like the media (even the black media) ignored Lena Horne's passing. Mike is news because of his worldwide popularity.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-7MJXRIqU7E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-7MJXRIqU7E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lady T

[youtube]IF5oldfSpJI[/youtube]
[youtube]QIxqcrh7LsE[/youtube]

Yesterday, this performance made me understand how great she was. May she rest in peace.

Great bass cover. :D

That was great. Loved it. Thanks for posting. :)

I have a lot of her music on CD. I love and enjoy many of her songs.
A few of my faves are Portuguese Love, Square Biz, Out On A Limb, Ooo La La La and Cassanova Brown.

Wow! It's already been six years, the day after this coming Christmas, since her passing.

Amazing performer......had a lot of soul and I love the music she did with Rick James.

Back