Anything Janet

Bubs

Proud Member
I decided to create a thread about anything Janet. Feel free to post here if your thoughts are not related to topic but want to give your 5 cents anyway:) Moderators can also put removed post here instead of deleting while cleaning ott posts.
I see that when MJ fans post something ott, they get bashed and accused of being ott but then when Janet fans posts something ott, there is nobody is calling moderators to clean the thread. Moderating should work both ways.

Janet thread is closed so I cannot quote posts directly, so I just do it this way.

Originally Posted by charismatic
"So many Janet haters its pathetic. Any title she would have had, you all would have horribly critiqued it. It's like you all are jealous that Janet is still creating music and still a pop icon. That's about all I'll say because what I really want to say is so unimaginable but it is the truth when it comes to you haters."

I have no comment for the post above, its speaks for itself, just that it is a prime example that Janet's fans can be as hateful.

Annita, you posted this:
"The family called AEG irresponsible and cruel in the trial for the Tour -Setting of the TII tour. I think Michael had 50 concerts in 6 or 7 months with 3-month break and a maximum of 2 or 3 concerts a week.
But the 50 year old Janet signed tours with day to day concerts, 35 concerts in 2.5 months and the even older brothers signed also tours with day to day-concerts."

Money makes people say and do all sort of things.
It is an interesting thing thou. Why would KJ, who testified that she didn't know anything about MJ's issues, still complained to AEG that MJ had too many dates too close to each other? Maybe she knew, but closed her eyes?

Btw, do you know who is going to be Janet's opening act?
She did say that she would loved to open for brothers (when they tried to get MJ to tour with them),but as this is her tour, are the brothers going to open for her, or are they only good when MJ is the front man?

@GrazyVegasMJ, you posted this:
And as far I know, Janet has even been spotted with MJ's kids since the whole debacle in 2012, so obviously things got squashed..

Not true, and please don't make up stories trying to Janet appear more nice person than she really is.

Last edited:
There is a difference between creating an open thread for all discussions, than calling out individuals personally from each post to start more debate, when we already know what staunch positions everyone holds with no margin for objectivity or other viewpoints.

The pot calling the kettle black. So, now people can't tell others why they disagree with their viewpoint or why they're posting incorrect things. Hmmm, it makes so much sense when you have done the very same thing you're accusing Bubs.

It seems for some JJ fans she's like a delicate flower or a sensitive little girl who can't be criticized and mistreated whatsoever because in their eyes she didn't go wrong. Our treatment to her is exaggerated and unfounded. You guys bash us because we haven't move on but the children haven't shown any signs of support to her.

Can we pull this off? Can we have an open thread expressing pro and con opinions about Janet, her tour and anything else without it going off the rails and getting crazy, filled with bashing and hate? If this thread can maintain the MJJ board’s basic standard for civility I’d love for it to continue, because I sure wanted to make a comment about the tour in the other thread, but didn’t because I felt anything not positive would be unacceptable.

But if you’re giving me this thread, I’m going to openly wonder if what L.A. Reid said about older pop artists is true. He was making the reference about Mariah, but I think it will follow for Janet, too, and that is…per Reid…

“…radio doesn't cater to veteran artists or legends. Radio caters to in-the-moment stars. ... Nobody that put out records 25 years ago is going to have a No. 1. Not Paul, Stevie, Bruce, Mick or Keith. Not Prince, not anyone. So if she (Mariah) can get on the radio, we've done damn good. Would we like to have a No. 1? F-- yeah, I'm greedy. But it's not realistic”

I was so disappointed MJ’s Love Never Felt So Good didn’t get sufficient airplay. While his album was a success, that single could have been so much bigger, but after a week or two, it disappeared from the airways. Unlike Taylor Swift, who’s 1989 cuts seem to be playing every five minutes along the radio dial.

Any one else have thoughts on this regarding Janet’s possible album’s success? Do you think she will be welcomed with open arms by the radio industry and get a lot of airplay?

I've been thinking about the other thread about Janet's tour and new album. At first, I was thinking it probably should have been all glowing and excited fans talking about the tour. But, I see the point in people saying they didn't support her and why-but I think maybe it should have been limited to "I'm not supporting Janet because of what she did to the kids" or "I'm not supporting Janet because of talking to Robin Roberts", etc. Or you could be like me-and never were a Janet fan in the first place. Period. It got a little too detailed and hateful, and ended up in people bashing each other.

I saw the same thing on Yahoo News today when her snippet was released-so maybe that's the way comment boards and forums work. One good thing on the comment boards-NO ONE bashed her for her age-unlike the hateful stuff I see about Madonna.

I've been thinking about the other thread about Janet's tour and new album. At first, I was thinking it probably should have been all glowing and excited fans talking about the tour. But, I see the point in people saying they didn't support her and why-but I think maybe it should have been limited to "I'm not supporting Janet because of what she did to the kids" or "I'm not supporting Janet because of talking to Robin Roberts", etc. Or you could be like me-and never were a Janet fan in the first place. Period. It got a little too detailed and hateful, and ended up in people bashing each other.

I saw the same thing on Yahoo News today when her snippet was released-so maybe that's the way comment boards and forums work. One good thing on the comment boards-NO ONE bashed her for her age-unlike the hateful stuff I see about Madonna.

If she simulates a sex act as she did in some former shows, she'll be bashed. But then they bash Miley Cyrus, and she's nearly 30 years younger. I think the content of her show will determine how far the naysayers go.

gerryevans;4094838 said:
Can we pull this off? Can we have an open thread expressing pro and con opinions about Janet, her tour and anything else without it going off the rails and getting crazy, filled with bashing and hate? If this thread can maintain the MJJ board’s basic standard for civility I’d love for it to continue, because I sure wanted to make a comment about the tour in the other thread, but didn’t because I felt anything not positive would be unacceptable.

You are very much free to post any non-positive opinion about her tour and music in those other threads. It's the constant off topic comments which are not welcome. Off topic = going on and on and on about things that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread and that have been discussed around a million times here already (Granny Gate, Janet's comments about Michael after his death etc.). When people go into a thread about Janet's music or tour they want to discuss her music and tour, instead of seeing a thread hijacked in other directions all the time. That's the reason why those threads got closed and cleaned, not negative comments about her music or tour (which is on topic). I just wanted to make this clear, because it was simply not a case of "you cannot criticize Janet here" - that's not what it was at all. You just have to stay on topic, so in a thread about her music or tour talk about her music or tour (whether positive or negative) and not Granny Gate for the millionth time.

lolz, this is gonna be like the 3rd Janet to be closed for cleaning :D I can feel it.

I'm not delusional in thinking this is gonna be a huge hit for her.
She may have a first single that radio may embrace for a few, and the album may be in the top 5 release week, but she's old now and pop doesn't like old.
She'll do fine on tour. She's playing it safe by doing a mix of arenas, theaters, and amphitheaters (probably based on what cities she did multiple shows in on her NUMBER ONES tour).
And if Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are doing the album, you just know it's gonna be something special again.

I wish this era the best and refuse to jump into the angry mob with pitch-forks that some people here turn into sometimes.

tumblr_m8tl9e0hri1qdl5f4o1_400.gif

gerryevans;4094838 said:

:clapping:

gerryevans;4094838 said:
But if you’re giving me this thread, I’m going to openly wonder if what L.A. Reid said about older pop artists is true. He was making the reference about Mariah, but I think it will follow for Janet, too, and that is…per Reid…

“…radio doesn't cater to veteran artists or legends. Radio caters to in-the-moment stars. ... Nobody that put out records 25 years ago is going to have a No. 1. Not Paul, Stevie, Bruce, Mick or Keith. Not Prince, not anyone. So if she (Mariah) can get on the radio, we've done damn good. Would we like to have a No. 1? F-- yeah, I'm greedy. But it's not realistic”

I was so disappointed MJ’s Love Never Felt So Good didn’t get sufficient airplay. While his album was a success, that single could have been so much bigger, but after a week or two, it disappeared from the airways. Unlike Taylor Swift, who’s 1989 cuts seem to be playing every five minutes along the radio dial.

Any one else have thoughts on this regarding Janet’s possible album’s success? Do you think she will be welcomed with open arms by the radio industry and get a lot of airplay?

I do think Janet is in the same line as any ageing artist and will be treat the same as Madonna, Mariah etc
This is what happened to Madonna
http://headlineplanet.com/home/2015...g-for-love-starting-to-nosedive-at-pop-radio/

Madonna's thoughts here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2990847/Madonna-responds-BBC-Radio-1-ageism-claims.html

I don't think that radio behaviour is exclusive only for female artists, they don't play older male artists either. I think radio stations are crazy to take the route that they only play songs that appeal younger (teenagers) audiences. I personally don't have any teenager around me that listens radio, but plenty of adults who has radio on all the time (home/car). I remember during the christmas time, I listened radio about 8 hours a day, and cannot remember hearing anything else than Taylor S Shake it off and Meghan Trainor All about that bass, it was constant abuse to my ears:)
Radio stations kind of dominates what people listen by force feeding listeners to listen Taylor S and other "in-the-moment" singers songs every 5 minutes, so Madonna and other singers don't get the chance to introduce their new music to their main listeners or potential buyers.

respect77;4094852 said:
Granny Gate for the millionth time.

There are other topics as well that get derailed by people who dislikes this and that, it comes with territory. For example when the estate releases new product, everything what they may have or haven't done past, is and will be brought up. It is that people won't forget past mistakes and those are brought up regularly. Same goes with Janet, people states why they don't like Janet or won't support her, and that is it. Then Janet fans starts defending her by telling porky pies, which have to be corrected, so there we have it, thread gone off the topic.
This thread is different, derail it all you like, its anything Janet:)

AtlasAir;4094853 said:
lolz, this is gonna be like the 3rd Janet to be closed for cleaning :D I can feel it

tumblr_n6oyfaCQFI1ttxhtvo1_400.gif

There are other topics as well that get derailed by people who dislikes this and that, it comes with territory. For example when the estate releases new product, everything what they may have or haven't done past, is and will be brought up. It is that people won't forget past mistakes and those are brought up regularly. Same goes with Janet, people states why they don't like Janet or won't support her, and that is it. Then Janet fans starts defending her by telling porky pies, which have to be corrected, so there we have it, thread gone off the topic.
This thread is different, derail it all you like, its anything Janet:)

No it wasn't "that's it". Yes, sometimes other threads too take an off topic turn but in this case it was just beating a dead horse repeatedly and both me (the topic starter) and the mod politely asked those who turned the thread into another direction to get back on topic which was blatantly ignored. That's why the thread got closed and cleaned not because someone stated a negative opinion about Janet's tour or new album.

But I think yes, this is the solution. This thread can be open for those who want to discuss other aspects of Janet or express frustration or bitterness about her past behaviour. Hopefully this will leave the other threads be able to focus on the music.

You are very much free to post any non-positive opinion about her tour and music in those other threads. It's the constant off topic comments which are not welcome. Off topic = going on and on and on about things that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread and that have been discussed around a million times here already (Granny Gate, Janet's comments about Michael after his death etc.). When people go into a thread about Janet's music or tour they want to discuss her music and tour, instead of seeing a thread hijacked in other directions all the time. That's the reason why those threads got closed and cleaned, not negative comments about her music or tour (which is on topic). I just wanted to make this clear, because it was simply not a case of "you cannot criticize Janet here" - that's not what it was at all. You just have to stay on topic, so in a thread about her music or tour talk about her music or tour (whether positive or negative) and not Granny Gate for the millionth time.

I did feel bringing up what Reid said would be met with let's wait and see or why can't you be positive. But I will take that as me being overly sensitive. And I totally agree about things being off topic. That's why I like an anything thread because it can be any topic.

With all that said, I do think it's tricky as to what is off topic or not in a tour announcement thread. If someone says I have no interest in her tour because of granny gate they are expressing reasons why they would not be interested in the tour or her. It's very difficult to separate the person from the music.

One of the reasons the This Is It tour was so wildly anticipated was not just to hear and see MJ perform, but because of feelings for him period. Those feelings would be expressed in a tour announcement thread. That's what I saw being expressed about Janet, but I do understand everything you're saying and why the thread needed to cleaned, and why again I like this anything thread.

Last edited:
I personally don't have any teenager around me that listens radio, but plenty of adults who has radio on all the time (home/car). I remember during the christmas time, I listened radio about 8 hours a day, and cannot remember hearing anything else than Taylor S Shake it off and Meghan Trainor All about that bass, it was constant abuse to my ears:)

Oh my god...wasn't it insane! It was as if the songs were on a constant loop on every single station. I finally had to just stick to all news for my commute. It began making me think very fondly of Kanye West when he snatched that mic out of Taylor's hands a few years ago.

gerryevans;4094838 said:

Older artists don't get a lot of airplay on the standard pop stations, but the real money nowadays is made from touring rather than record sales. And older artists still outdraw many of the current stars. The most grossing tours the past couple of years were by artists like Bruce Springsteen, U2, Roger Waters, and so on. So I would think that Janet will care more about selling concert tickets rather than records.

I have no idea what her current appeal is (am not a fan so have not followed it) and whether Nipplegate will still affect her success in the US. It will be interesting to see how well she does.

Last edited:
^one thing I noticed is that the US press seemed to be on her side. The yahoo news aggregate I read had no less than 10 articles to pump up the excitement.
They did the same with Madonna,Mariah, and Whitney. But the comments were full of people more than excited that she was coming back.

I did not see the same kind of press here for Michael and TII. Actually precious little. Maybe bc he was not touring here.

gerryevans;4094838 said:

I think L.A. Reid was looking for a excuse for Mariah. But it isn`t even right what he is saying. Mariah had a big, big flop-album in 2014.
She was in no Country expect USA Top Ten in first week, often not even Top 20 or 30 and nearly all over the world out of charts in the 2. and 3. week. Also in the USA the album dropped at the end of the charts in the second week. On the ohter hand Bruce Springsteen was No. 1 in USA, UK, Germany and many other countries and had decent album-sales on a longer run.

SoCav;4094887 said:
Older artists don't get a lot of airplay on the standard pop stations, but the real money nowadays is made from touring rather than record sales. And older artists still outdraw many of the current stars. The most grossing tours the past couple of years were by artists like Bruce Springsteen, U2, Roger Waters, and so on. So I would think that Janet will care more about selling concert tickets rather than records.

Good point. Older artists can price their tickets higher too as the fans are generally older and they have more cash, versus teens. And veteran artists fill stadiums easier.

I have no idea what her current appeal is (am not a fan so have not followed it) and whether Nipplegate will still affect her success in the US. It will be interesting to see how well she does.

Her last tour was very successful, but it stuck to smaller venues. I've noticed she's got stadiums on this one. We shall see.

barbee0715;4094888 said:
^one thing I noticed is that the US press seemed to be on her side. The yahoo news aggregate I read had no less than 10 articles to pump up the excitement.
They did the same with Madonna,Mariah, and Whitney. But the comments were full of people more than excited that she was coming back.
I did not see the same kind of press here for Michael and TII. Actually precious little. Maybe bc he was not touring here.

The States was so weird where my MJ was concerned, especially the press. They tried to ignore him. But his passing proved he was always loved here, which shocked, confounded, and frustrated many.

Annita;4094902 said:
I think L.A. Reid was looking for an excuse for Mariah. But it isn`t even right what he is saying. Mariah had a big, big flop-album in 2014.

She was in no Country expect USA Top Ten in first week, often not even Top 20 or 30 and nearly all over the world out of charts in the 2. and 3. week. Also in the USA the album dropped at the end of the charts in the second week. On the ohter hand Bruce Springsteen was No. 1 in USA, UK, Germany and many other countries and had decent album-sales on a longer run.

We don’t know how Janet’s album will fair yet. Could be a success or a flop. But I think her past work will drive ticket sales for her moreso anything new.

Yay for Bruce. I didn’t know he hit #1. Love him. Thank for the info.

When I remember correct CNN did even interupt his programm to bring the TII-press-conference live on air.

When I remember correct CNN did even interupt his programm to bring the TII-press-conference live on air.
No you are correct. I happened to be home that day and happened to have the tv on CNN. I was shocked and amazed.
But that was pretty much it except one photo I saw in People of him leaving rehearsal with the kids.

Her last tour was very successful, but it stuck to smaller venues. I've noticed she's got stadiums on this one. We shall see.
Interesting, I guess they must think that, perhaps given the fact it's been a few years since she last toured, there is enough demand to scale things back up.

On the ohter hand Bruce Springsteen was No. 1 in USA, UK, Germany and many other countries and had decent album-sales on a longer run.
And funnily enough, that album (High Hopes) did not receive a lot of promotion as it was basically a collection of re-recorded old outtakes that he had never released before rather than a carefully crafted new album. He also only toured behind it in Australia & New Zealand and a few dates in small markets in the US (he'd toured Europe and the big US markets in 2012 and 2013 following his previous album).

Strange how things can work out.

No it wasn't "that's it". Yes, sometimes other threads too take an off topic turn but in this case it was just beating a dead horse repeatedly and both me (the topic starter) and the mod politely asked those who turned the thread into another direction to get back on topic which was blatantly ignored. That's why the thread got closed and cleaned not because someone stated a negative opinion about Janet's tour or new album.

If we are being totally honest, I can say most of us won't stay within topic if something comes up that we feel passionate about.
I was trying to explain what I meant by giving examples, but got ignored. There are many subjects that are dead horse and you may think this issue (insert your own subject here) is dead horse, but it doesn't mean it is dead horse to me or someone else. Who is right or wrong? Is your dead horse more important than anyones else?

Lets say there is story posted about Debbie Rowe. People posted everything about what she has done in the past, but nothing about the topic of article. I tried to ask peoples thoughts various times of the topic in the article, but all I got was all past actions that Debbie may or may have not done, but not a single post about the current article:)I just felt that people are not interested in talking about what is going on with Debbie now (regarding that article), only what she did in the past. I just left that thread as I thought comments were like beating a "dead horse" as you put it. See, bashing out what Janet did in the past is dead horse to you, to me bashing out Debbie is dead horse. I could have run to moderators and ask them to remove posts that were not in topic, but I couldn't be bothered.

Ps,I'm not Debbie fan by any means, I only used her as example.

That Debbie example what I wrote above is true story, and thread can be found from somewhere within MJJC:)

Above all, I understand how Janet fans feels because in their eyes Janet has done no wrong and want to defend her even if it means throwing MJ under the bus (1 extreme case) and/or feel Janet's past actions are irrelevant and we are beating dead horse.

I also understand the other side that cannot let past be past, and past actions defines what kind of person she/he is now and are brought to current threads. There are things that people feel strongly about,and those people are not easily forgiven = thus derailing threads.

There are threads that doesn't get closed due derailing or ott because people don't feel strongly about subject or doesn't mind one way or the other.

Last edited:

Yes, these older artists makes their money from concerts, if it is only money they want:)
I believe MJ was avid reader of charts as that was indication to the artists how they are doing.
Just like marathon runner compared themselves to other runners:D

Chart rankings are based on radio play, streaming online, and sales. Any older artists has very little chance to stay on charts because the way charts are now. No radio play, I'm not sure about streaming, sales are not that great, so it doesn't look good for any older artists.

Somebody posted these in LSA
Mediatraffic:

Janet Jackson's global Album Sales

'Janet Jackson' (1982) 0,5 million
'Dream Street' (1984) 0,5 million
'Control' (1986) 11 million
'Control: The Remixes' (1987) 0,5 million
'Rhythm Nation 1814' (1989) 14 million
'Janet.' (1993) 15 million
'Janet. Remixed' (1995) 0,75 million
'Design Of A Decade 1986-1996' (1995) 9 million
'The Velvet Rope' (1997) 9 million
'All For You' (2001) 7,5 million
'Damita Jo (2004) 2,5 Million
'20 Y.O.' (2006) 1,5 Million
'Discipline' (2008) 1,0 Million
'Number Ones' (2009) 0,5 million
'Icon: Number Ones' (2011) 0,1 million

When was her last tour and which of these albums were released with concert?

Last edited:
Yes, these older artists makes their money from concerts, if it is only money they want:)
I believe MJ was avid reader of charts as that was indication to the artists how they are doing.
Just like marathon runner compared themselves to other runners:D

Chart rankings are based on radio play, streaming online, and sales. Any older artists has very little chance to stay on charts because the way charts are now. No radio play, I'm not sure about streaming, sales are not that great, so it doesn't look good for any older artists.

Somebody posted these in LSA
Mediatraffic:

Janet Jackson's global Album Sales

'Janet Jackson' (1982) 0,5 million
'Dream Street' (1984) 0,5 million
'Control' (1986) 11 million
'Control: The Remixes' (1987) 0,5 million
'Rhythm Nation 1814' (1989) 14 million
'Janet.' (1993) 15 million
'Janet. Remixed' (1995) 0,75 million
'Design Of A Decade 1986-1996' (1995) 9 million
'The Velvet Rope' (1997) 9 million
'All For You' (2001) 7,5 million
'Damita Jo (2004) 2,5 Million
'20 Y.O.' (2006) 1,5 Million
'Discipline' (2008) 1,0 Million
'Number Ones' (2009) 0,5 million
'Icon: Number Ones' (2011) 0,1 million

When was her last tour and which of these albums were released with concert?

In 2011, she did a Number Ones, Up Close and Personal tour. I think the venues were only in the four to six thousand in seating capacity range.

I read and heard lots of press about Michael's TII concerts. Radio was going crazy talking about it. I read plenty of articles and saw LOTS of articles about the announcement and the selling-out of 50 concerts in one city.

In 2011, she did a Number Ones, Up Close and Personal tour. I think the venues were only in the four to six thousand in seating capacity range.

She was 45 on Pollstars List for touring in North America in 2011. She had 2 Amercican legs and did about 80 shows worldwide. I think the venues were even smaller.
For example she gave 1 concert in Germany. Audience in Berliner tempodrown was about 3000, don`t know if it was full sold out.

2008 on her Tour she had only 1 American leg, no international shows, Japan leg was cancelled. She was 76 on Pollstars list of North American Tours. So demand was sure better in 2011.

I read and heard lots of press about Michael's TII concerts. Radio was going crazy talking about it. I read plenty of articles and saw LOTS of articles about the announcement and the selling-out of 50 concerts in one city.

Yes I remember the same and I did not follow MJ-News at that time, but I knew he announced the concerts. From which country are you?

She was 45 on Pollstars List for touring in North America in 2011. She had 2 Amercican legs and did about 80 shows worldwide. I think the venues were even smaller.
For example she gave 1 concert in Germany. Audience in Berliner tempodrown was about 3000, don`t know if it was full sold out.

2008 on her Tour she had only 1 American leg, no international shows, Japan leg was cancelled. She was 76 on Pollstars list of North American Tours. So demand was sure better in 2011.

You're right. Some of the venues were smaller than 4k. As immensely popular as Janet was and is, I do think in 2011 some of her popularity was owed to MJ's passing. There was a resurgence of interest in all things Jackson after MJ's death, including for LaToya, the brothers, Janet, everyone. Six years later I don't know how much that is still true for his family in general, but I believe it was definitely still true in 2011.

For MJ's children, there will always be great interest IMO.

Originally Posted by charismatic
"So many Janet haters its pathetic. Any title she would have had, you all would have horribly critiqued it. It's like you all are jealous that Janet is still creating music and still a pop icon. That's about all I'll say because what I really want to say is so unimaginable but it is the truth when it comes to you haters."

I have no comment for the post above, its speaks for itself, just that it is a prime example that Janet's fans can be as hateful.

Wow what a shock to happen upon a topic specifically about me and comments I made. I'm not sure if I should be flattered or not.

First my comments stand as is and I have no need to apologize. My comments are for the people on this forum who consistently and unjustifiably launch attacks against Janet Jackson for simply breathing. If you have a problem with my feelings about the matter then so be it. But as I've said before, I love Michael Jackson. I love Janet Jackson. Anything beyond this is a fabricated lie.

@GrazyVegasMJ, you posted this:
And as far I know, Janet has even been spotted with MJ's kids since the whole debacle in 2012, so obviously things got squashed..

Not true, and please don't make up stories trying to Janet appear more nice person than she really is.

One of those unsubstantiated claims I've mentioned above made my flaming haters. When you start backing up your claims with facts maybe we will listen. But until then, all I hear is hater. And what do haters do? HATE. That's all.

You're right. Some of the venues were smaller than 4k. As immensely popular as Janet was and is, I do think in 2011 some of her popularity was owed to MJ's passing. There was a resurgence of interest in all things Jackson after MJ's death, including for LaToya, the brothers, Janet, everyone. .

I would underline this.

I just felt that people are not interested in talking about what is going on with Debbie now (regarding that article)

People were pretty much interested in discussing Janet's tour and album in those topics. And they did. Then the topic went off, which does happen sometimes, but then the off topic discussion kept going on despite of both the topic starter AND the moderator asking for it to stop. When the moderator asks you to get back on topic you do not ignore her. It's actually a forum rule to keep it on topic. I think to some extent due to the flow of a good conversation a topic may go off but this was just the usual unproductive Janet bashing.

That Debbie example what I wrote above is true story, and thread can be found from somewhere within MJJC:)

Just because that happens with other topics as well it does not make it right. Sometimes we get carried away in other directions but when the mod warns us about it and calls you to get back on topic you do not ignore her as it happened in that Janet topic.

Above all, I understand how Janet fans feels because in their eyes Janet has done no wrong and want to defend her even if it means throwing MJ under the bus (1 extreme case) and/or feel Janet's past actions are irrelevant and we are beating dead horse.

I also understand the other side that cannot let past be past, and past actions defines what kind of person she/he is now and are brought to current threads. There are things that people feel strongly about,and those people are not easily forgiven = thus derailing threads.

I notice that regarding a lot of things on this forum some people can only think in either "black" or "white". If you open a topic about Janet's music you are considered a "fan" to whom "she has done no wrong". Not correct. I myself do not think that Janet has done nothing wrong in 2012, for example, and I actually do not even consider myself her fan. But I am curious of her new music and how she will do and that topic was for the discussion of her new album, not of Granny Gate. Then the same thing was repeated in the tour topic. I'm not saying that people cannot express their opinion about her personality. They did in the past they will in the future (that includes me). But do that in the relevant topic. Live and let live. Those who want to discuss other aspects of Janet - eg. her music - should not be forced to always go through pages of Granny Gate discussion (the same discussion all the time) in every topic she is mentioned in. While some people dislike her with passion here, you have to accept that she also has fans among MJ fans. You have to respect that too and not to ruin every topic for those people.

But eventually it turned out to be great, actually, since now we have a seperate Janet section of the forum where I am sure all aspects of Janet can be discussed in relevant threads. :D

I notice that regarding a lot of things on this forum some people can only think in either "black" or "white". If you open a topic about Janet's music you are considered a "fan" to whom "she has done no wrong". Not correct....Live and let live. Those who want to discuss other aspects of Janet - eg. her music - should not be forced to always go through pages of Granny Gate discussion (the same discussion all the time) in every topic she is mentioned in. While some people dislike her with passion here, you have to accept that she also has fans among MJ fans. You have to respect that too and not to ruin every topic for those people.

Yes, thank you. The black-and-white perspective is really off-putting.

I love that we all have different opinions. I like learning other perspectives, and different takes on other subjects. But it's not healthy or productive when there's no discussion.

Debate does not happen here. It's either everyone gets along or everyone argues. There's no in-between and it's exhausting.

Back