Appeal Thread - Murray Filed for Appeal / Update: Appeal DENIED

I do think Michael was dead at that stage, and giving CPR on the bed was just this a.....e was for the show for people coming into room.

I think he said in LAPD interview that he couldn't lift Michael on the floor because he wasn't strong enough and alone, then during the trial his attorneys said he had one hand on Michael's back and used other hand for CPR. Odd?
He, alone is not strong enough to lift MJ on the floor, but he is strong enough to hold him from back and pump on the chest. Try that to your friend just to see how hard it is and how strong you have to be to do that.
He is talking shite and what he says, cannot be trusted if he tries to show himself in good light. Thats what sociopaths do.
Couldn't agree more, also when you say Michael was already dead at that stage... Maybe if he had avoided that pathetic show he would've made himself a little less ridiculous, but he's a sociopath... Who knows if anyone will ever have the courage to treat him without goind mad!

^^I always felt Michael died a long time ago at home. Muarry was the only one who said he felt a faint pulse and that was for the emt's benefit. He did not want to say Michael died in the house. Even the comment from the instrument about mumbling--we don't know if it was Muarry or the keys brushing against the phone when Muarry put the phone in his pocket. Or it could be Muarry heard Michael's last gasp and then rushed in the room to see what was going on.
Will we ever know what really happened that morning?... Sometimes I fear not...

Michael Jackson's doc, Conrad Murray, to continue appeal after court rejection
Judges rule that failure to test drug bottle that killed King of Pop would not alter guilty verdict

BY NANCY DILLON / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

DR. CONRAD MURRAY is vowing to fight on after an appellate court unanimously rejected his criminal appeal last week, his lawyer told the Daily News.

Defense lawyer Valerie Wass said Monday that her client has reviewed the 68-page ruling from California's 2nd District Court of Appeal and asked her to file a petition for re-hearing before a Jan. 30 deadline.

"We're both grossly disappointed in the opinion," Wass told The News after communicating with the cardiologist convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011.

She said it was "ironic" that the Court of Appeal blasted one of Murray's trial lawyers for a "lack of diligence" - saying the lawyer failed to seek timely testing of bottle residue - but then claimed "counsel's errors" didn't adversely affect his defense.

In their ruling, the justices said even if Murray had prevailed with his post-verdict motion to test the bottle of anesthesia suspected of killing Jackson - and even if the tests managed to undermine the prosecution's theory Jackson was on a drug drip when he died - the jury still had enough to convict.

The justices said it was enough that Murray admitted giving Jackson a 25-milligram injection of propofol in the hours before his death and then talked on the phone without proper monitoring in place.

"I'm really frustrated," Wass said Monday. "If Jackson wasn't on a drip, as we contend and I strongly believe, then Dr. Murray didn't have to stay. He gave Jackson a small amount of propofol and monitored him while it was in his system. That fits in exactly with his phone records."

Murray has maintained that Jackson awoke while he was out of the room on June 25, 2009, and self-administered a fatal dose of propofol with a syringe.

The appellate court found that the self-administration theory was "not supported by the evidence presented at trial."

"In our view, it is based almost entirely on conjecture and speculation that does not undermine the jury's verdict," last week's ruling stated.

"I think the court's analysis is replete with speculation," Wass said Monday.
Murray, 60, was released from jail last October after completing his four-year-sentence in two years thanks to jail overcrowding.

He is fighting to regain his medical license in Texas with a civil lawsuit, but his Texas lawyer told The News Monday that he's filed a petition to withdraw from the case.
"I can't talk about the reason - that's something I can only speak to court about - but I fully support Dr. Murray and I will continue to do so," Texas lawyer Charles Peckham said of his request to be removed as counsel.

Source: NY Daily News

Ha ^^you mean that Peckham was still attached to that case? Well he finally came to his senses. If Muarry still thinks he is going to regain his license he is a super optimistic person.

About Wass: She said it was "ironic" that the Court of Appeal blasted one of Murray's trial lawyers for a "lack of diligence" - saying the lawyer failed to seek timely testing of bottle residue - but then claimed "counsel's errors" didn't adversely affect his defense.

^^What is ironic about that. Wass read those 68 pages and still does not understand the legal points made. How could that be when a layperson can understand it? Also the justices did not Blast the lawyer but simply explained that the lawyers had an opportunity to do testing for months and failed to do so. Every time I read something Wass says I feel so embarrassed for her. She claims that the court's analysis is filled with "speculation," but how can that be when they base it on facts and the law? This woman needs a lot of help.

Oh and Muarry read the 68 page report and told her to continue with the appeal? Shouldn't she now sit muarry down and explain the situation to him. She needs to tell him something like, look Muarry I could barely do the first brief, how do you expect me to continue to the next level of appeal?

How about this one: "I'm really frustrated," Wass said Monday. "If Jackson wasn't on a drip, as we contend and I strongly believe, then Dr. Murray didn't have to stay. He gave Jackson a small amount of propofol and monitored him while it was in his system. That fits in exactly with his phone records."
^^OOK, so because he was on the phone, that shows that he gave a small amount of prof and monitored him while it was in his system? Where is Wass' facts from the trial to back up her points? This is another problem with Wass--she thinks that she could go to the appeal court with flimsy statements rather than facts showing legal errors. If muarry did not have to stay, why did he stay over all those nights? The evidence shows he was supposed to stay overnight to monitor Michael. What is wrong with Wass?

Again she laments about the drip, not understanding that Muarry was found guilty not because of a drip or lack of a drip. She needs to really sit down and read the charges and go over all the facts that shows why he was negligent. Actually Muarry has the best lawyer for his appeal--Valarie Wass.

I know that Wass is supposed to take a stand that favors Murray. But seriously, she has to do it based on cold hard facts. Her entire argument seems to be based on "what if"s and "I believe"s. Murray is the type of person that would say anything to make himself look good if people questioned his actions. We only have his word for what happened that day. And to me, his word means nothing considering the information about him that was brought out in his trial. What bothers me the most is that he gave Michael Propofol in the first place as if he HAD to do it. There was absolutely no excuse for that. No decent doctor allows a patient to make "demands" of them regarding treatment under any circumstances, especially when a potentially dangerous medical substance like Propofol is involved. Murray got himself in this mess by choosing Michael's celebrity status and money over his well-being. I have said from the very beginning of this case that Murray had just as much choice as Michael did in this situation if not more. And as much as Murray doesn't want to face it, he has responsibility because he made the wrong choice. Period.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson's doc, Conrad Murray, to continue appeal after court rejection
Judges rule that failure to test drug bottle that killed King of Pop would not alter guilty verdict

He is fighting to regain his medical license in Texas with a civil lawsuit, but his Texas lawyer told The News Monday that he's filed a petition to withdraw from the case.
"I can't talk about the reason - that's something I can only speak to court about - but I fully support Dr. Murray and I will continue to do so," Texas lawyer Charles Peckham said of his request to be removed as counsel.

Source: NY Daily News

He doesn't have to talk about his reasons, they are easy enough to guess: 1) He's not being paid. 2) He doesn't want to spend anymore time on a lost cause.

He doesn't have to talk about his reasons, they are easy enough to guess: 1) He's not being paid. 2) He doesn't want to spend anymore time on a lost cause.

I wonder why he did not know it was a lost cause from the inception, unless since he was offered money he decided to take the case. Anyway Muarry the great orator can defend himself to get his license back. It doesn't seem as though the lawyer was really doing his job anyway because he would have told Muarry to button up about Michael's alleged medical treatments/conditions and all his other blabs in the media.

Conrad Murray resurfaces in exclusive photo as Michael Jackson’s former doctor works hard to keep his criminal appeal alive
The petition was the first step for Murray to show he’s not giving up after an appellate court unanimously rejected his criminal appeal in a 68-page ruling last month.

Michael Jackson’s doctor is taking a hands-on approach to his ongoing criminal appeal and was heartened by a court ruling last Friday, his lawyer told the Daily News.

Dr. Conrad Murray spent multiple nights last week working side-by-side with lawyer Valerie Wass on a petition for re-hearing filed Thursday, Wass said.

The petition was the first step for Murray to show he’s not giving up after an appellate court unanimously rejected his criminal appeal in a 68-page ruling last month.

The court could have summarily denied the rehearing petition outright but instead responded within 24 hours asking the Attorney General’s office to file its response argument by Monday, Wass said.

“Dr. Murray is nowhere near done fighting this conviction. He worked closely with me on this, meticulously going through the opinion page by page,” Wass told The News Tuesday. “He’s determined to continue this appeal as long as he needs to.”

And if the petition ultimately fails, the cardiologist convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011 plans to file a follow-up petition for review in the California Supreme Court later this month, she said.

Murray, 60, was the last person to see the King of Pop alive before his overdose death on June 25, 2009.

A coroner report found the “Thriller” singer died from an overdose of the surgery-strength anesthetic propofol.

Prosecutors claimed Murray gave Jackson the drug in an IV drip without proper monitoring.

A jury found him guilty of negligence, and he walked out of jail last October after serving two years of a four-year jail sentence thanks to an early release program for non-violent offenders.

“He has never wavered from what happened that night, and the evidence and phone records fit in perfectly with his account,” Wass said Tuesday.

Murray has maintained that he gave the singer a 25-milligram injection of propofol in the hours before his death and waited at his bedside until the fast-acting effects wore off.

He has claimed Jackson must have woken up while he was out of the room and self-administered the fatal dose with a syringe.

“The court's analysis of many of the issues was flawed, and the court had misstated certain critical facts,” Wass said Tuesday. “They really misunderstood the infusion theory.”

Murray still hopes to practice medicine again and filed a civil lawsuit to regain his medical license in Texas.

He also has a mandatory settlement conference related to his California medical license scheduled for June 9.

If no settlement is reached, a hearing on the proposed revocation of his California license is set to begin July 1.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-hard-criminal-appeal-alive-article-1.1603106

Here is Muarry's first problem:

Dr. Conrad Murray spent multiple nights last week working side-by-side with lawyer Valerie Wass on a petition for re-hearing filed Thursday, Wass said.
^^The last thing he should do is sit with Wass to work on any petition. He has not learned this yet.

Here is the second problem:

Dr. Murray is nowhere near done fighting this conviction. He worked closely with me on this, meticulously going through the opinion page by page,” Wass told The News Tuesday. “He’s determined to continue this appeal as long as he needs to.”
^^How could he go over the opinion page by page with Wass when she does not understand it herself? She is still talking about infusion & self-injection which has nothing to do with why Muarry was found guilty.

Then:
And if the petition ultimately fails, the cardiologist convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011 plans to file a follow-up petition for review in the California Supreme Court later this month, she said.
^^He may as well start working on the Supreme Court brief because he will fail with the petition.

Can you guys imagine Wass & Muarry with their heads together, bent over the court's report trying to make sense of it all? The visual reminds me of something from the 3 Stooges, or rather 2 Stooges.

“He has never wavered from what happened that night, and the evidence and phone records fit in perfectly with his account,” Wass said Tuesday.
^^Where did she get this from? It seems they both still do not understand the trial evidence neither the courts response that shows what Muarry said did not jive with the evidence.

“The court's analysis of many of the issues was flawed, and the court had misstated certain critical facts,” Wass said Tuesday. “They really misunderstood the infusion theory.”
^^Wass it is not the court but the evidence the court cites that show they have not misstated any critical facts. Let's see if she will list those critical facts the court misstated. Who wants to bet she can't.

He has claimed Jackson must have woken up while he was out of the room and self-administered the fatal dose with a syringe.
^^Wass how does someone take a syringe with a fast acting drug, inject it and leave no fingerprints on the syringe, then walk back to the bed pulling the equipment with them, then fall asleep with the syringe not close to their hand. OK so the KOP put on the Billie Jean glove, took the syringe, injected, sleepwalked to the bed, and lie down. Only the KOP could do something like this. Didn't she read that the court's report explains that even if Muarry left the room, he left a patient with drugs lying around where the patient could get his hands on it, so Murray is still negligent.

Murray still hopes to practice medicine again and filed a civil lawsuit to regain his medical license in Texas.

^^Who is handling that lawsuit? He may as well forget the idea.

He also has a mandatory settlement conference related to his California medical license scheduled for June 9.
^^I hope Katherine and family have prepared statements for this conference.

If no settlement is reached, a hearing on the proposed revocation of his California license is set to begin July 1.

^^Same thing. I hope the family show their support for Michael and have statements showing why Muarry should not regain his license.

I expect more of this to continue with Muarry and Wass.

Last edited:
Have I got this right? Murray's appeal was denied, so now he's going for a re-hearing? Is that a rehearing of the original trial or a rehearing of the appeal? I'm sorry, I don't understand the legal process in the US. How far can he take this before he has to accept the opinion of the court? And how is he paying his legal fees now he can't earn money from media interviews etc. since the Estate shut him up. Did he receive a hefty sum for the 'oh so casual' photo that just happens to go with this latest article?

"Wass how does someone take a syringe with a fast acting drug, inject it and leave no fingerprints on the syringe, then walk back to the bed pulling the equipment with them, then fall asleep with the syringe not close to their hand. OK so the KOP put on the Billie Jean glove, took the syringe, injected, sleepwalked to the bed, and lie down. Only the KOP could do something like this. Didn't she read that the court's report explains that even if Muarry left the room, he left a patient with drugs lying around where the patient could get his hands on it, so Murray is still negligent."

Don't forget that according to those two, MJ had his own stash of propofol, so he got up, went to his stash, filled syringe, put propofol back, went to bed, injected himself, hide syringe and then died, all that while wearing him BJ cloves. Funny that Michael's stash wasn't found by DEA, LAPD, and most importantly family members. If family couldn't find it, it doesn't exist.
-----------

"He also has a mandatory settlement conference related to his California medical license scheduled for June 9."

What on earth is mandatory settlement conference? There is nothing to settle! California med board should just revoke his licence without any questions or settlements!
Hopefully Alon Steinberg is still on board and he'll rip CM in parts :angry:

I don't expect family to say anything. They think CM wouldn't have done what he did without AEG, and to them CM is innocent by-stander.

@VeraR
I don't think he needs to pay for appeal lawyer, California tax payers are paying Valerie Wass fees.
Other lawyers that he needs for case against Texas medical board, those he has to pay, but the latest was that his lawyer resigned.See from previous article:
"He is fighting to regain his medical license in Texas with a civil lawsuit, but his Texas lawyer told The News Monday that he's filed a petition to withdraw from the case.
"I can't talk about the reason - that's something I can only speak to court about - but I fully support Dr. Murray and I will continue to do so," Texas lawyer Charles Peckham said of his request to be removed as counsel."

CM is quiet as long as there is any hope for him to get his medical licence back, but if it is denied, expect him to go on tabloids selling stories of Michael. The estate cannot stop him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is going to back up Wade's stories for right amount of money.

Last edited:
Seemingly NY Daily News Nancy Dillon is Valerie Wass' trusted reporter and count on her to make an article of this sob CM. All of the recent articles about CM has come out from Nancy D. She should be careful, if she start sleeping with dogs, she'll wake up with fleas:)

Here is Muarry's first problem:

^^The last thing he should do is sit with Wass to work on any petition. He has not learned this yet.

Here is the second problem:

^^How could he go over the opinion page by page with Wass when she does not understand it herself? She is still talking about infusion & self-injection which has nothing to do with why Muarry was found guilty.

Then:

^^He may as well start working on the Supreme Court brief because he will fail with the petition.

Can you guys imagine Wass & Muarry with their heads together, bent over the court's report trying to make sense of it all? The visual reminds me of something from the 3 Stooges, or rather 2 Stooges.

^^Where did she get this from? It seems they both still do not understand the trial evidence neither the courts response that shows what Muarry said did not jive with the evidence.

^^Wass it is not the court but the evidence the court cites that show they have not misstated any critical facts. Let's see if she will list those critical facts the court misstated. Who wants to bet she can't.

^^Wass how does someone take a syringe with a fast acting drug, inject it and leave no fingerprints on the syringe, then walk back to the bed pulling the equipment with them, then fall asleep with the syringe not close to their hand. OK so the KOP put on the Billie Jean glove, took the syringe, injected, sleepwalked to the bed, and lie down. Only the KOP could do something like this. Didn't she read that the court's report explains that even if Muarry left the room, he left a patient with drugs lying around where the patient could get his hands on it, so Murray is still negligent.

^^Who is handling that lawsuit? He may as well forget the idea.

^^I hope Katherine and family have prepared statements for this conference.

^^Same thing. I hope the family show their support for Michael and have statements showing why Muarry should not regain his license.

I expect more of this to continue with Muarry and Wass.

And let us not forget that wonderful interview where he could not shut up about how he held Michael's penis in his hand and that Michael was this and that. Nothing like a doctor would violate his Hipa Oath trying to get his license back.

I don't think Wass is a court appointed Attorney. I think she is paid. Dont forget Murray got a huge sum for his recent interviews. I would say in the millions. That's why he was willing to spout so much garbage. He was even holding out for more by offering the $$ Holy Grail $$ for future Interviews before the Estate stepped in.

I assumed Valerie W is court paid lawyer for his appeal?

The doctor convicted of killing Michael Jackson asked a court Tuesday to appoint a publicly funded attorney to handle his appeal because he cannot afford to hire counsel.

Dr. Conrad Murray filed an amended notice of appeal stating he is indigent and unable to pay for an appellate lawyer to try to overturn his involuntary manslaughter conviction.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ssion/page26?p=3558530&viewfull=1#post3558530

Didn't Valerie W step in long before CM was singing like canary to tabloids?

I don't expect Katherine or the family to have any prepared statements at all for Murray. The fact that she refused restitution against him and their victim impact statement at the conviction was bland and read by an attorney void of any emotion, a statement for this conference will never come because in my opinion Katherine doesn't care if Murray gets his license back.. Remember she said she wants him to be able to support his kids-_-

I assumed Valerie W is court paid lawyer for his appeal?

The doctor convicted of killing Michael Jackson asked a court Tuesday to appoint a publicly funded attorney to handle his appeal because he cannot afford to hire counsel.

Dr. Conrad Murray filed an amended notice of appeal stating he is indigent and unable to pay for an appellate lawyer to try to overturn his involuntary manslaughter conviction.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ssion/page26?p=3558530&viewfull=1#post3558530

Didn't Valerie W step in long before CM was singing like canary to tabloids?

Yes we always had Wass logged in as a court lawyer and that is what Muarry deserves. Muarry's insurance did not want to pay the defense lawyers because they were claiming that he was doing something not covered under his qualifications or something like that. I think he used the documentary to cover his defense fees.

I have no proof but I don't think Muarry got Millions for his story. I would think that if he was in great demand, he would be able to ask for millions. However, it seems that not many were courting him for a big interview, and 60 minutes must know that. To me, Muarry got about a few hundred thousand for his 60 minutes piece. He most likely will try to do lots of these little interviews as he has been doing because he is not getting large sums of money.

Bubs I notice that that Dillon woman always have the Muarry and Wass statements too, so this is their New York paper to get information out. Yes and Wass was there before Muarry began to sing. In fact she even agreed with his singing and the contents of the singing. She even said that Muarry has a mind of his own, if you remember, so one wonders who exactly is giving the legal advice in this case. Don't forget that 2 heads are peering over the document and still cannot understand what the document is saying...

Last edited:
Murray's insurance lawyers wasn't paying for anything because he was convicted of a crime and they were not covering him because his method of 'medicine' was outside the scope of his expertise. A doctor needs a separate policy and a different policy for anesthesia and other practices of medicine. I would think an anesthesiologist would have higher insurance than a regular internist considering they are putting people's lives in danger when under sedation.

^^Yeah the insurance was not going to handle that, so Muarry found other ways to pay for his defense. Now with a free lawyer he will be taking his case all the way to the end.

People who lost their license have found other work, like Oxman, who is disbarred and has a radio show. Maybe Muarry should think of a radio show and forget about a license. I mean what crazy Board is going to let him practice after all he has done and said.

Bubs I notice that that Dillon woman always have the Muarry and Wass statements too, so this is their New York paper to get information out. Yes and Wass was there before Muarry began to sing. In fact she even agreed with his singing and the contents of the singing. She even said that Muarry has a mind of his own, if you remember, so one wonders who exactly is giving the legal advice in this case. Don't forget that 2 heads are peering over the document and still cannot understand what the document is saying...

:)

Seemingly having one reporter as trusted one to go is common. KJ had Alan Duke, CM has Nancy D and so on.
Dumb and Dumber are not hot news anymore as that NY Daily News piece didn't spread to any other tabloids or media outlets. Seemingly media is not interested CM and VW appeal process, but once Dumb comes up with dirt on MJ, then those tabloid are on it like hyenas.

People who lost their license have found other work, like Oxman, who is disbarred and has a radio show. Maybe Muarry should think of a radio show and forget about a license. I mean what crazy Board is going to let him practice after all he has done and said.

I wouldn't want Murray to have his own radio show, where he can preach about how he is the real victim, that he did nothing wrong and that MJ's death was all his own fault.

I wouldn't want Murray to have his own radio show, where he can preach about how he is the real victim, that he did nothing wrong and that MJ's death was all his own fault.

WEll he can choose any other profession. The point is he can still find work to keep him alive--maybe not as a doctor but as something else.

Court: No rehearing in Michael Jackson doc's case
Updated 6:39 pm, Thursday, February 13, 2014

inShare
Larger | Smaller
Printable Version
Email This
Font
LOS ANGELES (AP) — An appellate court is refusing to grant a rehearing to Michael Jackson's doctor on the appeal of his involuntary manslaughter conviction.

A 2nd District Court of Appeal panel issued a brief ruling Thursday correcting clerical and grammatical errors in its opinion last month that denied Conrad Murray's appeal. His lawyer asked for the corrections to prepare for filing a further appeal with the California Supreme Court.

The new document concluded tersely: "Appellant's petition for rehearing is denied."

The court unanimously upheld Murray's conviction, determining there was substantial evidence of his guilt presented at trial. He served two years in jail for causing Jackson's 2009 death.

Murray was convicted in 2011 of giving Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol while the singer prepared for a series of comeback concerts titled "This Is It."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/ar...ing-in-Michael-Jackson-doc-s-case-5233737.php

So game is OFFICIALLY over for Murray.

He should also forget about trying to regain his license. he's done for good.

Back