Are There Any NHL Hockey Fans Here?

Re: any NHL Hockey fans on here

the lockout means it wasnt a real season so the cup win isnt real.

Well technically the season was short because of the lockout due to bargaining agreement, if the lockout continued then, there would be no season at all and it would've been the 2nd time the lockout cancelled the NHL season and the 3rd time that the NHL would not have Stanley Cup Champion. And on top of it, both the NHL All-Stars and the NHL Winter Classic were both cancelled and have them set for 2013-14 season. Plus there's going to be an NHL Heritage game in early March in Vancouver with the Ottawa Senators facing the Vancouver Canucks.

The 1994-95 season was shortened with the same reason and later the New Jersey Devils won the Stanley Cup after that.

The Olympic teams have named their line ups for the orientational roster camp for Sochi Olympics. Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden and Finland have gotten their line up camps set up.

This is projected line up for Team Canada:

FORWARDS
John Tavares-Sidney Crosby-Jonathan Toews
Claude Giroux-Steven Stamkos-Martin St. Louis
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Taylor Hall
Milan Lucic-Joe Thornton-Rick Nash/Jason Spezza

DEFENSEMEN
Kris Letang-Drew Doughty
Shea Weber-Duncan Keith
Brent Seabrook-PK Subban/Alex Pietrangelo

GOALIES
Corey Crawford
Roberto Luongo
Mike Smith

That's the team I wanna see, especially Lucic, if Lucic is not on the team then I'll be outraged about it. But as for the goalie problem, I believe Crawford is the best bet for Canada, the way I saw his play during the playoffs was pretty hardcore.

Today is the 25th Anniversary of NHL's Greatest Trade.

gretz.jpg

It all began on August 9th, 1988, the Edmonton Oilers owner Peter Pocklington announced by making the biggest trade in NHL history. The Oilers traded away Marty McSorley, Mike Krushelnyski and Wayne Gretzky (pictured above) to Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Jimmy Carson and Martin Gelinas. A few months earlier before the trade, the Oilers won their 4th Stanley Cup Championship over the Boston Bruins and which will be the last Cup to win with Greztky on the team. Pocklington became the most hated Oilers owner by the fans and they never forgave him for the trade, but until the Los Angeles Kings played against the Oilers, Gretzky returns to Edmonton for the first time since the trade and recieved a 4 minute standing ovation. The game aired on CBC's Hockey Night In Canada.

Here's the clip of the press conference of the trade

[YOUTUBE]AzzLL1bZnXU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]429SNIHJE7Q[/YOUTUBE]

This video of Teemu Selanne is funny, but it's also true, the Finnish Flash has re-signed to a 1 year contract with Anaheim Ducks and it will be his final season.

PRE-SEASON HOCKEY GAMES ON CBC

Hockey Night In Canada will be playing a pre-season game in Stirling-Rawdon, Ontario (outside Belleville) for Hockeyville 2013, the game will feature Washington Capitals vs Winnipeg Jets at 7:00pm (EST) on September 14th. Hockey Night In Canada will play a few more pre-season games before the official season starts, next Saturday on September 21st, there will be a double header Buffalo Sabres vs Toronto Maple Leafs at 7:00pm (EST) and Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers at 10:00pm (EST). On September 28th, there will be Detroit Red Wings vs Toronto Maple Leafs at 7:00pm (EST)

Tim Thomas is officially going to be a Florida Panther now, the Panthers need a goalie. Then that means I'm officially blaming the media and the Washington Capitals and their fans for Tim Thomas to longer be a Bruin. Back in 2012 Playoffs the fans in Washington provoked and harrassing Thomas with all the Obama thing because he didn't wanna go to the White House with the team. I never cared whether he wants to go or not. Then for months the media have been bombarding him with questions about his declined visitation to the White House. Then when I heard the Bruins trade Tim Thomas away to the NY Islander after he stated he's taking a year off from the 2013 season I was so angry about it I have to blame the Capitals for that to happened.

[YOUTUBE]Lr7vDslGjgQ[/YOUTUBE]

This is why I'm blaming the fans of Washington for Tim Thomas to be gone away from Boston. So the Washington Capitals are already on my list.

[YOUTUBE]BxvP3X5LgRY[/YOUTUBE]

This is a documentary about what's going on with the Boston Bruins during off season after they lost the Stanley Cup Final by Chicago Blackhawks. They lost Nathan Horton (TRAITOR), Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley, Andrew Ference and Anton Khudobin, but they added Loui Eriksson, Chad Johnson, Matt Fraser, Joe Morrow and former Calgary Flames captain superstar Jarome Iginla. They featured the meetings of management, Lucic's family time in his home of Vancouver, Eriksson's arrival, Iginla's training, training camp and Tuuka Rask (with brother Joonas) and David Krejci golfing.

Tomorrow the NHL Season opens.

I'm gonna make a projected standings in Divisons and who will win the Stanley Cup.

[size=+3]
WESTERN CONFERENCE​
[/size]

CENTRAL

1. Chicago Blackhawks
2. St. Louis Blues
3. Minnesota Wild
4. Winnipeg Jets *W
5. Dallas Stars
6. Nashville Predators
7. Colorado Avalanche

PACIFIC

1. San Jose Sharks
2. Anaheim Ducks
3. Los Angeles Kings
4. Edmonton Oilers *W
5. Vancouver Canucks
6. Calgary Flames
7. Phoenix Coyotes

[size=+3]
EASTERN CONFERENCE​
[/size]

ATLANTIC

1. Boston Bruins
2. Detroit Red Wings
3. Ottawa Senators
4. Toronto Maple Leafs *W
5. Tampa Bay Lightning
6. Montreal Canadiens
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Florida Panther

METROPOLITAN

1. Pittsburgh Penguins
2. NY Rangers
3. NY Islanders
4. Columbus Blue Jackets *W
5. Washington Capitals
6. Philadelphia Flyers
7. New Jersey Devils
8. Carolina Hurricanes

*W- Wild Card for the Playoffs

Central Division Champion: St. Louis Blues

Pacific Division Champion: San Jose Sharks

Atlantic Division Champion: Boston Bruins

Metropolitan Division Champion: Pittsburgh Penguins

Western Conference Champion: San Jose Sharks

Eastern Conference Champion: Boston Bruins

STANLEY CUP CHAMPION: BOSTON BRUINS

[YOUTUBE]Ni0aYmQJJqg[/YOUTUBE]

I'm very ticked off and disgusted by Buffalo's John Scott's dirty headcheck on Loui Erikkson, after that dirty hit Adam McQuaid went after Scott, fought him and got him down. Eriksson is out indefinitely suffering concussion and as of Scott he's now suspended indefinitely. Well good for him, he deserves a long suspension and he'll be in big bad trouble the next time he and the Sabres faces Bruins next game. He's a goon and a dirty player.

cant believe the flyers canned laviolet (spelling?) just 3 games in.

cant believe the flyers canned laviolet (spelling?) just 3 games in.

"Laviolette". I guess that's because the Flyers weren't so good, I mean they have goaltending troubles for a while since 2011.

Jaromir Jagr scored his 119th game winning goal last night, a record past Phil Esposito's 118th and making Jagr top the "NHL's Most Game Winning Goals".

Steven Stamkos is injured and just have surgery for his broken right tibia in his leg during the Tampa Bay vs Boston game Monday with a 3-0 loss. And with the Lightning playing without Stamkos, they defeated Montreal Canadiens in shootout last night 2-1. There questions based on his injury whether or not that Stamkos will be able to make the Canadian Olympic team for Sochi 2014 Olympics. My guess is I hope he'll recover before the Olympics and be ready for it.

I heard something that's gonna disturb me for a while. I heard that if CBC loses much access to the NHL playoffs and rights to broadcast the Stanley Cup Final to TSN. It will never be the same and my heart will sink and my passion for hockey will be dead to me and I have nothing left but bitterness and anger over not watching hockey games on CBC. It's bad enough that CBC lost the Hockey Theme to TSN 5 years ago and TSN sullied the theme, it doesn't sound the same anymore. I'd rather watch hockey games on CBC where it's more traditional than TSN. I chose traditional CBC for hockey than that traditionalless TSN.

[SIZE=+2]NHL & Rogers announces landmark 12 year deal[/SIZE]

Rogers Communications have made a 12 year $5.2 billion deal with the NHL for Canadian broadcasting rights. As part of the deal (which is good news- even for me), that Hockey Night In Canada will remain on CBC which will be sub-licensed along with TVA (which will have all Canadian French language multi-media rights). Also Rogers will have rights in broadcasting NHL events like the All-Star games, Stanley Cup playoffs and NHL Drafts.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=693152&print=true

Steven Stamkos is injured and just have surgery for his broken right tibia in his leg during the Tampa Bay vs Boston game Monday with a 3-0 loss. And with the Lightning playing without Stamkos, they defeated Montreal Canadiens in shootout last night 2-1. There questions based on his injury whether or not that Stamkos will be able to make the Canadian Olympic team for Sochi 2014 Olympics. My guess is I hope he'll recover before the Olympics and be ready for it.

A former player I coached Reid Boucher broke Steven Stamkos OHL single season scoring record last year. Reid is in the Devil AHL system waiting for a call up to the big boys. Stamkos is awesome wish he played for Toronto. Leafs are my team.

A former player I coached Reid Boucher broke Steven Stamkos OHL single season scoring record last year. Reid is in the Devil AHL system waiting for a call up to the big boys. Stamkos is awesome wish he played for Toronto. Leafs are my team.

Really? No way. Leafs fan huh? Remember Game 7 last playoffs. I gotta say that was one of the best hockey games I've saw in my life time. To be honest I was hoping the Leafs would face Montreal in the playoffs instead of Boston, but that can't be helped right? The Bruins-Leafs series was the best of the playoffs. I mean the Leafs fought so hard to make the playoffs and they did, they're just as tough as the Bruins are. My former boss (now retired) goes for the Leafs too, when I came to work and he's gonna give me a Leafs Kleenax when the Bruins lost Game 7 and they didn't, but jokes on him if they Bruins would've lost the game I would've just accepted it and be proud of it. I ain't a crybaby like the Habs and Nucks fans.

Really? No way. Leafs fan huh? Remember Game 7 last playoffs. I gotta say that was one of the best hockey games I've saw in my life time. To be honest I was hoping the Leafs would face Montreal in the playoffs instead of Boston, but that can't be helped right? The Bruins-Leafs series was the best of the playoffs. I mean the Leafs fought so hard to make the playoffs and they did, they're just as tough as the Bruins are. My former boss (now retired) goes for the Leafs too, when I came to work and he's gonna give me a Leafs Kleenax when the Bruins lost Game 7 and they didn't, but jokes on him if they Bruins would've lost the game I would've just accepted it and be proud of it. I ain't a crybaby like the Habs and Nucks fans.

Leafs are in my blood. I was born in New Market Ont now reside in Michigan. All my boys play Hockey I'm the coach. Leafs are off to a good start we will see how they finish. I hope your team has a great season! Keep in touch.

Leafs are in my blood. I was born in New Market Ont now reside in Michigan. All my boys play Hockey I'm the coach. Leafs are off to a good start we will see how they finish. I hope your team has a great season! Keep in touch.

So do I, the Leafs are doing great too, but the past few games must've been frustrating for them, they'll get their groove back. BTW, are you looking forward to Winter Classic? 24/7 will start next weekend. I also know the game itself will be on New Years on both NBC and CBC.

WINTER CLASSIC 24/7 will start December 14th

HBO's 24/7 will begins on December 14th on HBO for NHL's Winter Classic featuring the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Detroit Red Wings and the program will also air on Sportsnet in Canada on December 15th (encore presentation of the program will start Monday on CityTV).

Jarome Iginla's Tribute Montage
[YOUTUBE]yL6umayISss[/YOUTUBE]

Jarome Iginla named 3rd Star of the Game
[YOUTUBE]08SRbixGAwQ[/YOUTUBE]

Great game last night, I expected the fans in Calgary to give Jarome Iginla a very warm reception on his return to Calgary as a Bruin and they did. I guess they love Iggy too much to boo him as a Bruins, after all he's the face of the Flames, spent 16 seasons (9 as captain) with the Flames, won 2 Olympic gold medals, Stanley Cup finalist in 2004, he also won an Art Ross Trophy (NHL's Scoring Leader), 2 time Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy (NHL's Most Goals), Lester B. Pearson Award (NHL's Outstanding Player), a King Clancy Memorial Trophy (Humanitarian Contribution).

During the Boston Bruins vs Calgary Flames game, Iggy's parents attended the game to watch his son play as a Bruin, while he did not score any points, but made a few shots on goal and even having scoring chances. The Bruins won 2-1 over the Flames and Iggy was named 3rd Star of the Game and the fans gave Iggy another ovation one last time. The fans in Calgary are a very fine group of people who love Iggy so much for 16 seasons. They're an awesome group of fans.

[YOUTUBE]T5ztF6AUaJQ[/YOUTUBE]

Milan Lucic got into a feud after the Bruins imploded from a 6-2 loss from the Vancouver Canucks Saturday night. That idiot drunk tries to fight Looch, provoking him by punching him 3 times. Looch says that he's done with his hometown of Vancouver, because he's been a target by Looch and Bruins haters out there and Looch is considering a lawsuit. Over a year ago, there was a graffiti at a Vancouver church that says "F#%! LUCIC GO CANUCKS GO" Ugh! Stupid freaking idiots!

Well done Looch, I hope you sue that drunk's @$$ right now.

The last game against the Sharks with a 1-0 win. Loui Eriksson (concussion) and Shawn Thornton (suspension) both returned in the line up. Happy most for Thornton "Thorned Knuckles" to return from that godforbidden 15 game suspension, still that suspension and his denied appeal angers me so much that I should've stopped watching the games. And as for that phoney coward Brooks Orpik, I still don't forgive him for that injustice.

Jamie Lagenbrunner officially retires after playing 16 seasons in the NHL with the Dallas Stars, New Jersey Devils and St. Louis Blues. Lagenbrunner has won 2 Stanley Cups with the Stars in 1999 and with the Devils in 2003 and also plays more than 1,000 games in his career.

Okay there are a few topics I'm gonna talk about.

1) John Tortorella suspeded for 6 games in for feuding and invading the Calgary Flames hallway and Bob Hartley fined for the involvement of the the line brawl.

Here's the Line Brawl
[YOUTUBE]Vlel1VPZ4zA[/YOUTUBE]

And Tort's Feuding in the hallway
[YOUTUBE]XCeuJPhrt8E[/YOUTUBE]

The brawl started as the opening faceoff starts and during the brawl Tort's was yakking, harping and whining at the Flames bench over the brawl and Hartley did nothing, he just ignored Tort's whining and then Tort's invades the hallway trying to feud with Hartley some more until the Flames players and staff restrained Tort's. I gotta say 6 games is legit for Tort's suspension and for Hartley's fine, well I'd say he gets fined for nothing? But it's because of the brawl may or may not be his idea, well I didn't care for players or coaches getting fined. Both those fines and suspensions for both coaches seemed legit to me.

2) Brad Marchand's Hot Streak. I was watching the Bruins vs Blackhawks on NBC Sunday afternoon, Marchand scored the only 2 goals for the Bruins and the Blackhawks defeated the Bruins in a shootout. 3-2 and that means the Bruins got no retribution against the team who won the Stanley Cup over the Bruins and that fact is gonna haunt me for a while. Then the next afternoon game yesterday, Marchand again scored a pair in a 3-2 win over the Los Angeles Kings. As my dad stated that Marchand's slump like he heas been from the start is finally over.

Here's one of Marchand's 2 goals
[YOUTUBE]fRhn0v3zXpA[/YOUTUBE]
That was picked by TSN SportCenter as "Highlight Of The Night"

3) NHL Revealed. There will be an NHL documentary premiering this week called "NHL Revealed". The documentary will premiere tomorrow night on NBCSN in the US and premieres Thrusday night on CBC in Canada.

NHL Revealed Sneak Peek:
[YOUTUBE]0Yq2_nRi-nI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Okay there are a few topics I'm gonna talk about.

1) John Tortorella suspeded for 6 games in for feuding and invading the Calgary Flames hallway and Bob Hartley fined for the involvement of the the line brawl.

Here's the Line Brawl
[YOUTUBE]Vlel1VPZ4zA[/YOUTUBE]

And Tort's Feuding in the hallway
[YOUTUBE]XCeuJPhrt8E[/YOUTUBE]

The brawl started as the opening faceoff starts and during the brawl Tort's was yakking, harping and whining at the Flames bench over the brawl and Hartley did nothing, he just ignored Tort's whining and then Tort's invades the hallway trying to feud with Hartley some more until the Flames players and staff restrained Tort's. I gotta say 6 games is legit for Tort's suspension and for Hartley's fine, well I'd say he gets fined for nothing? But it's because of the brawl may or may not be his idea, well I didn't care for players or coaches getting fined. Both those fines and suspensions for both coaches seemed legit to me.

2) Brad Marchand's Hot Streak. I was watching the Bruins vs Blackhawks on NBC Sunday afternoon, Marchand scored the only 2 goals for the Bruins and the Blackhawks defeated the Bruins in a shootout. 3-2 and that means the Bruins got no retribution against the team who won the Stanley Cup over the Bruins and that fact is gonna haunt me for a while. Then the next afternoon game yesterday, Marchand again scored a pair in a 3-2 win over the Los Angeles Kings. As my dad stated that Marchand's slump like he heas been from the start is finally over.

Here's one of Marchand's 2 goals
[YOUTUBE]fRhn0v3zXpA[/YOUTUBE]
That was picked by TSN SportCenter as "Highlight Of The Night"

3) NHL Revealed. There will be an NHL documentary premiering this week called "NHL Revealed". The documentary will premiere tomorrow night on NBCSN in the US and premieres Thrusday night on CBC in Canada.

NHL Revealed Sneak Peek:
[YOUTUBE]0Yq2_nRi-nI[/YOUTUBE]

I thought the punishment fit the crime for the fight. It was great to watch tho eh? Can't wait for the Olympics. Although I do leave in the US now I'm still Canadian! Go team Canada!

I thought the punishment fit the crime for the fight. It was great to watch tho eh? Can't wait for the Olympics. Although I do leave in the US now I'm still Canadian! Go team Canada!

Well that is good ol' fashion hockey fight, kinda reminds me of the Canadiens vs Bruins fight a few years back. Can't wait for the Olympics either and speaking of Sidney Crosby is named Captain of Canada with Jonathan Toews and Shea Weber as alternates. I bet you remember this analogy right?

[SIZE=+3]C[/SIZE]AN'T
[SIZE=+3]B[/SIZE]EAT
[SIZE=+3]C[/SIZE]ANADA

The Boston Bruins were really hot this week, 18 goals in 3 games, they defeated Philadelphia Flyers 6-1 Saturday afternoon with Jarome Iginla and Zdeno Chara scored a pair of goals. Then the next game on Monday against NY Islanders on home ice 6-3 and last night defeating Florida Panthers flattening former Bruin Tim Thomas and Milan Lucic socres 2 goals. Chara was so hot, 2 goals vs Flyers, 1 goal vs Islanders and 1 goal vs Panthers. Another note that Chris Kelly is back from IR.

[YOUTUBE]8xaAvNz0FbM[/YOUTUBE]

This is a full hour documentary called "The Passion Returns", it's all about the Toronto Maple Leafs during the 1992-93 season and their incredible playoff performances defeating both Detroit Red Wings and St. Louis Blues both in 7 games until Wayne Gretzky and the Los Angeles Kings eliminated the Leafs in 7 games.

That was a great documentary to watch, I was so curious about the Leafs in the 93' playoffs while I was watching the highlights from one of Don Cherry's Rock Em' Sock Em' Silver Collection DVDs and the Pat Burns biography I read and they lead me to watching the documentary. I believe that the Leafs Game 7 victory in overtime over the Wings was their bast game that year.

A few days ago, there were reports that Steven Stamkos is ready for a comeback this Saturday vs Detroit Red Wings and ready for the Olympics but yesterday the good news just jumped to a very disappointing news. The big disappointment is that Stamkos will not participate in the Olympics for Team Canada, the right tibia injury hasn't been fully healed resulted from the CT scan and it looks like someone else will take Stamkos place.

Names like Philadelphia's Claude Giroux, Pittsburgh's James Neal, Carolina's Eric Staal and Tampa Bay's (Stamkos teammate) Martin St. Louis. I strongly believe that St. Louis will take Stamkos place.

Back