Are there still some so called “ hidden gems” left in the vault?

But that begs the question, how many of those 24 songs have we already heard? There’s a lot of leaked material; Damien Shields stated that “Throwin’ Your Life Away,” “I Was the Loser,” and “If You Don’t Love Me” were among them; and six of the eight songs that made the album were already online.
Actually 7 were leaked in some form.
Love Never Felt So Good Leaked in 2011
Chicago Rock Version Leaked in 2010/2011
A Place With No Name Leaked in 2013
Slave To The Rhythm Remix Leaked in 2010/2011
Blue Gangsta Leaked In 2010
Xscape Leaked in 2002

But that begs the question, how many of those 24 songs have we already heard? There’s a lot of leaked material; Damien Shields stated that “Throwin’ Your Life Away,” “I Was the Loser,” and “If You Don’t Love Me” were among them; and six of the eight songs that made the album were already online.
^ This
And we don't know if the songs can actually work well as a part of an album.

I'm not expecting to hear many unleaded songs. At the time, TYLA was unleaked. And it was basically done against Brad Sunderberg's wishes, which is really just horrible, so I have no sympathy for people who spoil it for themselves.

And I'm expecting them to continue to repackage most leaked songs in this way, with new arrangements in addition to the leaked versions. There's still opportunities for change, like the demoes of Slave and DYKWYCA, both of those were markedly different.

Xscape Leaked in 2002
Wasn't Chicago leaked in 2014, just a bit after Xscape came out? I tried to look for an upload a while back and the earliest I could find was from 2014.

Xscape Leaked in 2002
I'm not 100% sure but I believe "Xscape" leaked in January 2003.

Love Never Felt So Good leaked after Invincible was released. It was on Napster & limewire back in the day.
I wonder if Michael said anything about it. I know that he was frustrated with the "Xscape" leak and had his team remove all download links and he was so devastated when "Hold My Hand" leaked that he called will.i.am on the phone to talk about it. I remember reading that MJ was extremely angry with the Fugees and Temperamental remix of "Blue Gangsta" when that happened.

I wonder if Michael said anything about it. I know that he was frustrated with the "Xscape" leak and had his team remove all download links and he was so devastated when "Hold My Hand" leaked that he called will.i.am on the phone to talk about it. I remember reading that MJ was extremely angry with the Fugees and Temperamental remix of "Blue Gangsta" when that happened.
He didn't seem to care about leaks if it was a song that he didn't have plans for. A lot of Thriller outtakes were leaked in the early 2000s and he didn't seem to react, but if it was a song that he wanted to release later on it's a different story like you mentioned.

Between each of these, which sounds more fathomable as a real demo?
There is zero proof these snippets are real. These videos were posted by YouTube channels that had uploaded dozens of fake leaks in the past which is really a red flag for me. All we have are those low-quality snippets and it's basically a "source: trust me bro" scenario. If you follow MJ leaks, you can notice that everything legit goes pretty much shared everywhere and re-uploaded by reliable people.

There is zero proof these snippets are real. These videos were posted by YouTube channels that had uploaded dozens of fake leaks in the past which is really a red flag for me. All we have are those low-quality snippets and it's basically a "source: trust me bro" scenario. If you follow MJ leaks, you can notice that everything legit goes pretty much shared everywhere and re-uploaded by reliable people.
*cough the Estate with the cascio tracks

Keep in mind that an unspecified number of Michael Jackson's unreleased songs were stolen (in 2011) from Sony Music's network, as confirmed by Sony Music itself.

In 2011, it took place a massive hacking attack, and hackers breached Sony Music's network.

It was reported back then that among these Michael Jackson's unreleased songs were also songs (duets) that the singer recorded with Freddie Mercury, and with will.i.am.

Sony Music still possesses copies of all the music that was stolen (including Michael Jackson's unreleased music), so the breach does not really affect the company's ability to still release in the future more albums and individual songs that were stolen by the hackers.

Back