Artists Who Sample MJ And Hit Top #10 Singles

Psychoniff

Proud Member
If you want a hit, just sample a song which includes MJ's angelic melodies. I swear MJ's tone is the reason many of these songs were either top #10 hits or number #1 hits in U.K., stateside or both.

U.S. Billboard Chart

"Jump" - Kriss Kross (#1) samples "I Want You Back"
"One More Chance" - Notorious B.I.G. (#2) samples "I Want You Back"
"My Baby" - Lil Romeo (#3) samples "I Want You Back"
"O.P.P." - Naughty By Nature (#6) samples "ABC"
"Good Life" - Kanye West (#7) samples "P.Y.T."
"Izzo"(H.O.V.A.) - Jay Z (#8) samples "I Want You Back"

U.K. Singles Chart

"Easy Love" - Sigala (#1) samples "ABC"
"Jump" - Kriss Kross (#2)
"Candy Girl" - New Edition (#2) samples "ABC"

Last edited:
SWV - Right Here (Human Nature)

OK, it was only #29 on the main Billboard singles chart but it was #1 on the R&B chart.

"Right Here" is the title of the debut single released by the group SWV. It charted on the Billboard charts as a double-A-side with "Downtown". A remixed version, commonly referred to as "Right Here/Human Nature", became a number-one R&B single, selling 500,000 copies and earning a gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] According to Billboard, the song spent 54 weeks on the R&B chart, which is one of the longest chart runs of all time.[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][not in citation given][/SUP]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Here_(SWV_song)

Tamperer - Feel It (Can You Feel It)

#1 in the UK, Ireland and Belgium in 1998. Also #1 on the Canadian Dance chart. #4 on the US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart.

NE

"Candy Girl" - New Edition (#2) samples "ABC"
Candy Girl has no samples. A sample is using a pre-existing recording. Like Rapper's Delight has no samples, the Sugarhill house band replayed Good Times & Here Comes That Sound. It's no different than doing a remake but with different lyrics like Weird Al.

Back