Atheist thread

Re: Athesit Thread (For non-believers only)

So according to the religious people in that Richard Dawkins video, god is real because Richard Dawkins is gay? That has to be the best argument I've ever heard. Check mate atheists!

So according to the religious people in that Richard Dawkins video, god is real because Richard Dawkins is gay? That has to be the best argument I've ever heard. Check mate atheists!

He's not even gay, but yeah, the logic is brilliant. LOL.

Talking about a gay atheist, don't you love Stephen Fry? I do, his unapologetic attitude when he talks about god. I couldn't agree more with Stepeh, great points after great points and the interviewer's face is quite priceless. If Yahew exists, he's a genocidal and psychopathic monster.

Talking about a gay atheist, don't you love Stephen Fry? I do, his unapologetic attitude when he talks about god. I couldn't agree more with Stepeh, great points after great points and the interviewer's face is quite priceless. If Yahew exists, he's a genocidal and psychopathic monster.

I fully agree with him. I grew up in a fundamentalist Christian church and this was always my problem with the God presented in the Bible. I was supposed to love that God as a Christian but how can you love that God - at least when you know your Bible? There is nothing lovable in him. I often see Christians argue that the suffering, injustice, homicides, illness etc. in the world is not to be blamed on God but it's because of our supposed "sins" or because God gave us free will and people just choose to act evil. But when you read the Bible you will see that according to it it's God who gave commands to people to carry out homicides (including the massacre of women and children), it's God who has fun with torturing people just for the sake of it (eg. the story of Job). And indeed that God in the Bible is inconsistent, unjust, unfair, jealous, arrogant, narcissistic - quite frankly a psychopath...

Talking about the story of Job:

A lot of people ask ''Why do you hate god?'' and I tell them that I don't hate something which I think is 100% fictional, but if god was real that Stephen Fry video is a very good reason why he should be hated

Talking about the story of Job:

Years ago when I was a xian I was watching a South Park episode where Kyle was in hospital and his parents told him the story of Job. At first I thought it wasn't an accurate telling of the story since it's South Park, but then I went and read the book of Job and couldn't deny that the god in it was being an arsehole. One of my uncles studied at a bible college for 4 years and is a xian (a much more liberal one these days) and he admits the god in the bible is an arsehole. Trying to deny it would be highly foolish but some people do it.

It's funny when christians say to me ''You're going to hell''. Well if that's true then I'd rather hang out with Satan than god, because Satan seems like a nicer guy. In fact, Satan trying to overthrow god was was one the most noble acts ever

Oh that sucks :( Did you ever believe any of it?

Yes, I did. Actually, I was born in a non-religious family. When I was a small child none of my parents were believers, neither the parents of my mother. The only religious person in the smaller family was my father's mother - she was a practicing Catholic, but she kept it to herself, didn't try to convert anyone. Then when I was 8 my parents divorced and my father married another woman and they got sucked into a fundamentalist, Pentacostal Christian church. They are still members of it until this day. So I was influenced a lot by my father, being an impressionable child I just believed everything and eventually the church told me. I think psychologically a part of it was that I missed my father (I lived with my mom and I saw my dad on Sundays) and I kind of also put him on a pedestal - he was always right etc. So yeah, I believed it growing up, but I struggled with a lot of cognitive dissonance, because I did not like and did not agree with a lot of things in the Bible, but I did not admit it even to myself. I just repressed those feelings by telling myself they were just temptations by Satan and things like that. Also I think a big powerful catch of religions is the teachings about heaven and hell. Of course, you do not want to go to hell. It was only once I allowed myself to read scientific books on cosmology, evolution when I realized I have nothing to fear because the Bible is not true. So from then on it was a relatively quick process and now I am a lot happier person than when I was in the church.

I don't know if you guys ever saw the documentary Jesus Camp. Well, mine was this kind of church, so you can imagine...

Here is the documentary:

The way it all gets into your mind and controls and suppresses everything you think does a lot of damage and can be difficult to get out of because of the fear. I hated church for the last few years I went but I was too fearful to question anything too much. Eventually I couldn't take it anymore and left but it was a number of months before I could muster up the courage to research anything on the opposite side of the Christian belief system. Once I did it didn't take long for me to stop believing it. I felt much better and my mind was quieter, I could actually think! Before that my thoughts had been a constant circle of repenting for everything all the time, it never stopped. I didn't realise how much of a prison it was until I was free, then there are so many things you can see about Christianity that you couldn't see when you were on the inside of it.

Interestingly, it was researching MJ that lead me to question more, I'd started being more careful about what I believed and why because of studying claims against MJ and seeing how much was twisted and fabricated, and it was through looking into these things that I first learned about logical fallacies. After that, I saw nothing but fallacies being used in Christian apologetic arguments. Before I learned about fallacies I hadn't know why certain logic was flawed because it had never been explained to me so I was going off what I knew at the time not realising that it was inaccurate.

The way it all gets into your mind and controls and suppresses everything you think does a lot of damage and can be difficult to get out of because of the fear. I hated church for the last few years I went but I was too fearful to question anything too much. Eventually I couldn't take it anymore and left but it was a number of months before I could muster up the courage to research anything on the opposite side of the Christian belief system. Once I did it didn't take long for me to stop believing it. I felt much better and my mind was quieter, I could actually think! Before that my thoughts had been a constant circle of repenting for everything all the time, it never stopped. I didn't realise how much of a prison it was until I was free, then there are so many things you can see about Christianity that you couldn't see when you were on the inside of it.

Yeah, it was very similar to me.

I'm still interested in Christianity but only from a historical, scientific aspect. Its history (that I did not know of as a Christian - not surprisingly they do not tell you a lot of that stuff) exposes it even more as man-made.

Everyone here is going to turn against atheism after they here this.

This guy's argument's are so convincing that I have to become a Christian now.

16764028186_191e62d384.jpg

Yeah, "very forgiving"! The Inquisition could give people a hint!

I've never had one but I bet it must be cooler to worship this deity even though they see us as servants/slaves than the mainstream Abrahamic ones.

10155378_810181235729565_5515694377713298974_n.jpg

Jesus Camp made me feel bad for those poor innocent children, they were raised to be mindless soldiers, it's disgusting. Glad you could get out of that psychologically torturous hell respect!

Richard Dawkins will be appearing on Nightwish's new album Endless Forms Most Beautiful that gets released end of this month.

He can be heard on a new song Shudder Before The Beautiful:

Last edited:

Just saw this on Facebook.

More

Last edited:
I posted that video about traditional biblical marriage on my fb. :lol: As I said, but gay marriage is an immoral abomination.

respect77;4087320 said:
[video=youtube;bryQVxS9xFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bryQVxS9xFA&list=PLzqDJEQc4Ce0vBPCoAK22JPsdCoxSPZP5&index=14[/video]

Betty is so witty and hilarious. In this video is when she said this quote:

betty-bowers_serial-killer1_040714.jpg

I wish she did more videos, most of them are very clever, my favorite ones are the one about marriage, abortion, bed time stories and prayers. Check out this one from her fb page.

19088_10152877584001872_3258916890871926860_n.png

Exodus 9:13-14

The Plague of Hail
13 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Get up early in the morning, confront Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of the Hebrews, says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me, 14 or this time I will send the full force of my plagues against you and against your officials and your people, so you may know that there is no one like me in all the earth.

Last edited:
  • <section id="mediacontentstory" class="yom-mod yom-card-main yom-article" data-uuid="3a58a6d4-0fc1-35c3-b35d-961dd9bdb8f2" data-type="story" data-ylk="t1:a3;t2:ct-mod;sec:ct-mod;itc:0;rspns:nav;"> <header id="yui_3_16_0_1_1430255312142_2298" class="header"> [h=1]Christians are leaving the faith in droves and the trend isn't slowing down[/h] </header> <cite class="byline vcard top-line"> By Matthew Speiser <abbr>3 hours ago</abbr> </cite>

<figure id="yui_3_16_0_1_1430255312142_2184" class="cover get-lbdata-from-dom go-to-slideshow-lightbox" data-orig-index="0">
    Christians_are_leaving_the_faith-6b0be98723e8282dd1dee0c2f69eced5
    </figure>
    ((REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi ) ) Pope Francis reacts as he leads a Wednesday general audience in Saint Peter's square at the Vatican January 15, 2014.

An extensive study done by the Pew Research Center has yielded some fascinating information regarding the trajectory of world religions over the next four decades.
    As of 2010, Christianity was the dominant world religion with roughly 2.2 billion adherents and Muslim's were second with about 1.6 billion adherents. If current demographic trends continue however, Islam is expected to catch up to Christianity midway through the 21st century.
    <figure id="yui_3_16_0_1_1430255312142_1962" class="cover get-lbdata-from-dom go-to-slideshow-lightbox" data-orig-index="1"> View gallery
    Christians_are_leaving_the_faith-cf71c25788f89218bfb40fab0205d258
    </figure>
    ((Pew Research Center) )
    Furthermore, people are leaving Christianity in droves. About 106 million Christians are expected to switch affiliation from 2010 to 2050 while only about 40 million people are expected to enter Christianity.​
    The religiously unaffiliated (athiests, agnostics) are expected to see the largest net gains from switching, adding more than 61 million followers.​
    <figure id="yui_3_16_0_1_1430255312142_1966" class="cover get-lbdata-from-dom go-to-slideshow-lightbox" data-orig-index="2"> View gallery
    Christians_are_leaving_the_faith-ca41d4e6939b47e67c4f09c6beb896d4
    </figure>
    ((Pew Research Center) ) Christians are expected to see the largest net losses from religious switching

In North America, the fastest growing religious groups are Muslims and followers of "other religions" (an umbrella category that includes Baha&#8217;is, Jains, Sikhs, Taoists and many smaller faiths). Christianity is expected to decline from 78 percent of the overall population in 2010 to 66 percent in 2050.​
    Here's what the dominant religious groups in the US are by county:​
    <figure id="yui_3_16_0_1_1430255312142_2174" class="cover get-lbdata-from-dom go-to-slideshow-lightbox" data-orig-index="3"> View gallery
    Christians_are_leaving_the_faith-efab98db3919516e1f17e208258c0880
    </figure>
    ((U.S. religious census) )
    Unaffiliated religions are expected to rise over that same time from 16 percent of the population to 26 percent. By 2050, the United States will have more Muslims (2.1 percent of pop.) than Jews (1.4 percent).​
    In South America and the Caribbean, Christianity will see a slight dip over the next four decades, from 90 percent in 2010 t0 89 percent in 2050. Over that same time the religiously unaffiliated population will add 45 million followers increasing from 8 percent of the population in 2010 to 9 percent in 2050.​
    <figure id="yui_3_16_0_1_1430255312142_2168" class="cover get-lbdata-from-dom go-to-slideshow-lightbox" data-orig-index="4"> View gallery
    Christians_are_leaving_the_faith-249136226d7799074b9cb028b5acc3ee
    </figure>
    ((Pew Research) ) If the current trends continue beyond 2050 - which is a big if considering unforeseen events that can happen over a 40 year span (war, famine, innovation etc.) - then by the year 2070 the world's population of Muslims would roughly equal that of Christians. Here are other chief findings from the report:
    1. Islam will grow faster than any other religion over the next 40 years.
    2. The number of Muslims will equal the number of Christians around the world by 2050.
    3. Atheists, agnostics and other people who do not affiliate with any religion &#8211; though increasing in countries such as the United States and France &#8211; will make up a declining share of the world&#8217;s total population.
    4. The global Buddhist population will be about the same size it was in 2010, while the Hindu and Jewish populations will be larger than they are today.
    5. In Europe, Muslims will make up 10% of the overall population.
    6. India will retain a Hindu majority but also will have the largest Muslim population of any country in the world, surpassing Indonesia.
    7. In the United States, Christians will decline from more than three-quarters of the population in 2010 to two-thirds in 2050, and Judaism will no longer be the largest non-Christian religion. Muslims will be more numerous in the U.S. than people who identify as Jewish on the basis of religion.
    8. Four out of every 10 Christians in the world will live in sub-Saharan Africa.
    [h=2]Check out the full report >[/h]
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/christians-leaving-faith-droves-trend-173818770.html

</section>

Back