BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion Thread

Yep. Plenty of VHS' from Bad, Dangerous and HIStory. Even stuff from before Bad. They might not be Moonwalker quality, but I could watch it, and I enjoy watching them. (Apart from the 93 ones obviously!) So lets say that recording footage was going to be released, but it was from a VHS,you would skip it because it didn't contain enough details to watch it on a HDTV? I'd certainly jump at the chance to see him record, much like We Are Here To Change The World. When I first saw him in the studio recording that, the colours were off, it was fuzzy but I couldn't care less because I got lost in seeing the absolute master at work. When I saw the daybreak clip on TV, I forgot about everything in the world. Everything. My problems, the fact he's not here etc. I wasn't thinking about quality, I was just watching Michael, and unlike all those awful YT rips, I could see the smile on his face. Which warmed my heart, and for the rest of that day I was smiling. I could see him in his absolute element and he was on top of the world at that point. Oh, and I heard that the TV clip wasn't even remastered. Just ripped from VHS and stretched to fit 16:9. Whilst they may not be able to do an awful lot, I'll still be happy watching the DVD for the first time. I'll forget about everything in the world and just enjoy watching the King sing his heart out, fans smiling, crying and even fainting. It's just about seeing Michael for me. So I would say that whilst it may not be the best quality, it's still going to be special seeing something that I have wanted for multiple years. There may be issues with it, but I'm not going to be interested, it still is watchable from what I've seen so far. I guess it's just each to their own on this one really.

I agree, and I see what you are saying.....I've said it several times, I will be lost in my own world when I watch Michael, no matter the quality...I'm just saying it could be that MUCH BETTER if it were the quality that it deserves to be....Either way, I'm happy, and I've said that from the beginning :)

Stop posting, I have mid-term exam tomorrow and i haven't started studying lol

:lol: Well, then it's a good thing the actual DVD hasn't been released yet, then you'd be in trouble lol

Yep. Plenty of VHS' from Bad, Dangerous and HIStory. Even stuff from before Bad. They might not be Moonwalker quality, but I could watch it, and I enjoy watching them. (Apart from the 93 ones obviously!) So lets say that recording footage was going to be released, but it was from a VHS,you would skip it because it didn't contain enough details to watch it on a HDTV? I'd certainly jump at the chance to see him record, much like We Are Here To Change The World. When I first saw him in the studio recording that, the colours were off, it was fuzzy but I couldn't care less because I got lost in seeing the absolute master at work. When I saw the daybreak clip on TV, I forgot about everything in the world. Everything. My problems, the fact he's not here etc. I wasn't thinking about quality, I was just watching Michael, and unlike all those awful YT rips, I could see the smile on his face. Which warmed my heart, and for the rest of that day I was smiling. I could see him in his absolute element and he was on top of the world at that point. Oh, and I heard that the TV clip wasn't even remastered. Just ripped from VHS and stretched to fit 16:9. Whilst they may not be able to do an awful lot, I'll still be happy watching the DVD for the first time. I'll forget about everything in the world and just enjoy watching the King sing his heart out, fans smiling, crying and even fainting. It's just about seeing Michael for me. So I would say that whilst it may not be the best quality, it's still going to be special seeing something that I have wanted for multiple years. There may be issues with it, but I'm not going to be interested, it still is watchable from what I've seen so far. I guess it's just each to their own on this one really.

I understand what you are saying. I have watched tons of imperfect YT clips about Michael online myself. AAMOF, I love the video of AIYN. Is the quality perfect? No. But, I enjoy watching Michael. . I'm not saying I'll skip this release. I'm just saying if this release is not Michael Jackson's, then I'd not even bother. I do have a certain demand for video quality regarding DVD and/or Blu-ray.

When I watch this DVD in September, I'll still be mesmerized because I love Michael. It's just frustrating that we can't watch the concert the way it should be watched.

Some one who gets where I'm coming from. And I'm betting the quality will be quite watchable also.

I believe quality will be fine too.

I don't think SONY would release something in poor quality.

Everybody wants the quality to be good. Lets wait and see and hope for the best. Not just with the dvd but with the music we will get too.

I miss Michael too and wish he was here to celebrate this too.

Put your excitement aside for a moment, do you think it makes sense that the Estate can only find a consumer grade VHS tape for the Bad Tour? No, it isn't the Estate's fault that there isn't anything of better quality in MJ's fault. However, the Estate does have obligation to locate the film or the master. The Estate does have obligations to Michael to release good quality material.

Let's not lie to ourselves and be apologetic. Releasing a VHS rip on a DVD is simply quite ridiculous in this day and age. When you walk in an electronic store, you can find a large selection of concerts in Blu-ray. Yes, concert that took place in the 80's can be released in high definition. It's not something revolutionary. People have too much faith on the restoration effort. Video engineers are not magicians. They can't miraculously turn a degraded VHS tape to DVD. The limitations are not assumed here, but real concerns. Supposingly, the videos on Visions are "remastered", the quality was still disappointing.

No, future release of Blu-ray is not ruled out. But again, don't expect Sony to do Bad 30 or a special Chistmas release in 2013. Sony doesnt exist to please us. Whenever they plan a project, they have to analyse the market. You think they'll find enough demand for Bad Tour again within a short period of time to justify another Bad release? Bad 25 is already a re-release.

This right here! See Sony and the Estate got it all wrong. They thought a VHS transferred to DVD had a viable market value, it does,but very little. If we don't demand better quality we will never get anything better than a VHS copy of this amazing show. We can't wait until after it's already been release. We have to start a campaign NOW. All over twitter, Facebook. Where ever we need to. This is not acceptable!

If you go through all the Bad Tour threads that Birchey posted about this a lot of what he said would happen regarding the Bad Tour and Bad 25 has happened. He also said that he confirmed from his source that Michael captured the show on film on every leg of the tour (including the Yokomah show-you can see 2 reel camera's in the front row). Now even if the shows were filmed, Michael still had the in-house camera crew and director recording the show for the jumbotron. So Wembley may have been filmed as well. It doesn't make much since to hire someone to capture multi-tracks of the concert and not capture the show specifically for television on film or additional camera video equipment including extra crains and cameras. We're just not being told something. Yes, this is the only unearth copy that Michael Jackson had on VHS, but the not the only one that they know about that was filmed.

We need MJJCOMMUNITY admin to get us some one that they can interview and that will go record to disuss many things about the Bad Tour DVD Blu Ray. I'd personally also want to know why Mike never released it??!!

Everybody wants the quality to be good. Lets wait and see and hope for the best. Not just with the dvd but with the music we will get too.

I miss Michael too and wish he was here to celebrate this too.

I wish Michael was here to do this. :sad2:

^ Chances are we probably wouldn't have got a live DVD had Michael still been alive. Judging from his words in Moonwalk, I dont think Michael would have been to enthusiastic about releasing a live DVD. Bucharest being the exception of course.

I hope the quality of the tour will be good. I think it will :yes: However, I do have to wonder why...if the VHS tape is truly all the Estate has, why didn't they ensure they had a better quality copy before hand? Why is this all they have? I guess I always assumed they had those better quality copies on film in the vault or whatever it is. Not just Wembley, but all the concerts. I would have thought they would have secured those copies while Michael was still here. :unsure:

This right here! See Sony and the Estate got it all wrong. They thought a VHS transferred to DVD had a viable market value, it does,but very little. If we don't demand better quality we will never get anything better than a VHS copy of this amazing show. We can't wait until after it's already been release. We have to start a campaign NOW. All over twitter, Facebook. Where ever we need to. This is not acceptable!

Something has been started here I guess http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/122811-We-want-the-L-A-1989-concert-on-BLURAY-campaign!!!

I believe quality will be fine too.

I don't think SONY would release something in poor quality.

They did release Vision DVD. Everything is possible..

They did release Vision DVD. Everything is possible..

This is exactly what makes me weary of the quality....I don't WANT to be, but I can't help it after they released VISION. I was SO looking forward to that and now I don't even watch it because the quality on the older Dangerous Short Films, and HIStory on Films are far superior in quality...

It's not the fans' demands that are causing the negativity, it's the inferior quality we've been getting AND spending our money on....

Michael probably never released the tour because he didn't have any other source.

If I understand correctly...you all would rather the Estate NOT release the Bad Tour on DVD if the only source they have is a VHS copy. Would that be a fair assessment?

Last edited:

^^ I've said from the beginning, I'm happy with this release....VERY happy....The quality is what it is though...no one can deny that...

I will buy and support this anyway.

Only chance to get a Blu-Ray release is for this release to sell well. - Otherwise there will not be a reason for SONY to release another concert.

I hope the demo version of Smooth Criminal comes on the BAD 25 album!! :p

:unsure:

OMG!!!! :eek: 226 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif
kermit.gif

Is the picture true - or is it photoshop?

Some fans are saying it's real. :fear:

That would be something if it's not photo shopped.

Leave it to Ash to find some of the best pics. :)
LOL she always finds the cool pics

:shifty:

Thanks!
035ani-messbrasil.gif

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but...

It's a remix made with another song (somewhere in 2010).
Definitely not going to be on the Bad25th album.

Ugh, I WISH this was on the album! I actually really like it! Doesn't change the original song that much :)

Wooo, I like this :D
But the thing I don't quite like here and in any other remix is when they change MJ's voice to a higher pitch.
The rest is great though :yes:

Last edited:

June 1st is the date it officially goes on sale, but im assuming it will be leaked beforehand. Any day now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back