BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion Thread

Has anyone thought of maybe a petition to Sony & the Estate about releasing the BAD TOURS?
I wonder if it isn't a dumb idea, and if not, how would you do it & do you think it would work?
(the more I read & hear about this possibility, the more excited I get--and it's all your fault everyone (hahahahaha--but srsly now)!
They already did that in 2005 :) But I don't have the link of that petition.

I have impression I am celebrating Thriller 29. My two-year old son every single day asks me to listen to "Billet" (Beat It), "Tan-tan" (Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'), Billie Jean (yup he manages to pronounce that one correctly). :D

The thing is, I thought I was a fan. But I am getting fed up with MJ's music loooooooool. Something never had happened before.

When we're in the car my 2-year old son demands Beat It. When the song finishes, he wants it again and again and again.
When we get home, he wants to dance to Michael Experience on PlayStation 3. Guess what? Beat it! Again, and over and over again.
Sometimes he asks for Tan-tan (WBSS) and Billie Jean.

I know one thing, when I am alone, I listen to Billie Jean, Beat It and WBSS the least I can, or let's say never any more. :lol:

Love your story Bumper. Kids just can't help loving MJ- his music and dance are infectious! That's how my nephew was too! lol

2v2xk45.jpg

Last edited:

I know, but just think about it! See a Michael Jackson commercial at the Billboard Awards, check in on the MJ website, and BAM! Official statement! Extremely unlikely, but still.

Yeah, that would be something!! :D

Have they even announced anything yet officially? I mean...those Bad 25 logos have been around for a while now, but did they come with some kind of info or nothing at all?

First of all, you have perhaps the most epic username I've ever seen. And I applaud you for that. Second, there hasn't been an official announcement yet. But when you type in michaeljackson.com, it automatically directs you to a page that says, "You ain't bad. You ain't nothin'. #WhosBAD." The fan community is pretty much taking that as a hint that the official announcement is imminent.

LOL can i snap a picture of the can still in the package? ain't no way i'm buying pepsi . . .

in all seriousness though, it's kind of a weird promotion. Why no QR code or something that doesn't take a vetting process? send an EMAILED picture?! it seems really low-tech to me and overly difficult for the people managing the contest. So . . . what? does someone on the other end have to manually open the email attachments and verify that it's a picture of a pepsi can? Is it more automated than that, and an email response with the remix song just get automatically sent to anyone who sends an email to mj@pepsi.com?

And why not make it more interactive? Why a picture of the CAN? pepsi knows what the can looks like - they made it. Why not "take a picture of you drinking from the can" or "take a picture of you doing your best mj impression, holding the can" or something like that. Then at least the picture aspect of this would make sense, b/c they'd be generating some fan interaction that they could then use in a marketing promotion of some kind. Or make it "post your picture at facebook.com/pepsi" or "tweet your picture to @pepsi" SOMETHING.

I'm sorry, not saying i'm not for the promotion, i'm just confused as to how they're executing it, it seems incredibly weird and not intuitive. it's like whoever came up with this stopped using the internet in 1999.

LOL can i snap a picture of the can still in the package? ain't no way i'm buying pepsi . . .

in all seriousness though, it's kind of a weird promotion. Why no QR code or something that doesn't take a vetting process? send an EMAILED picture?! it seems really low-tech to me and overly difficult for the people managing the contest. So . . . what? does someone on the other end have to manually open the email attachments and verify that it's a picture of a pepsi can? Is it more automated than that, and an email response with the remix song just get automatically sent to anyone who sends an email to mj@pepsi.com?

And why not make it more interactive? Why a picture of the CAN? pepsi knows what the can looks like - they made it. Why not "take a picture of you drinking from the can" or "take a picture of you doing your best mj impression, holding the can" or something like that. Then at least the picture aspect of this would make sense, b/c they'd be generating some fan interaction that they could then use in a marketing promotion of some kind. Or make it "post your picture at facebook.com/pepsi" or "tweet your picture to @pepsi" SOMETHING.

I'm sorry, not saying i'm not for the promotion, i'm just confused as to how they're executing it, it seems incredibly weird and not intuitive. it's like whoever came up with this stopped using the internet in 1999.

:busted:

Last edited:

WHOA. i just read the fine print on the instructions. "Offer ends 08/31/2012"

That CANNOT be a coincidence. That's 25 years, to the day, BAD was released. So i think it's probably safe to guess that will be the release date. (if we can even trust this site, i think it's weird that http://www.pepsimjkingofpop.com/Home/ComingSoon is the URL, it seems overly long and hard to remember. i would think they'd just use a subdomain like mj.pepsi.com but what do i know . . .)

EDIT: nevermind, i just did a WHOIS lookup, this site is definitely legit:
Registrant:
PepsiCo, Inc
Domain Name Administrator Law Department
700 Anderson Hill Road
Purchase, NY 10577
US
Email: domain.billing@PBSG.COM

I think that Sony has people who read these boards, and are dropping hints to see how we react... It's obvious that Bad 25 is coming. And, lemme just say, I am stoked. But I don't know about www.pepsimjkingofpop.com ... I may just be nitpicking, but on the top right, the 'Bad 25' logo looks very poorly cut out...

^^i totally agree, but like i said, i just did the WHOIS domain registrar look up, and it definitely looks legit to me . . . it says it was registered by Pepsico. they could have lied i guess. http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/pepsimjkingofpop.com

i'm reading a lot into this. but hey, i have nothing else to go on, so why not? :p

Ok, so if the contest ends on aug 31st, i'm going to assume that's because that's when the BAD25 cd is actually going to come out. Why would the contest have to end on that day? probably because the track they're giving out for free will actually be ON the BAD25 CD. which leads me to believe . . .the whole CD is going to be remixes, like Thriller 25

Again, i know i'm reading a lot into this, but that's just my gut feeling.

I'm thinking this was a promotion way that Pepsi is used to. Sometime ago there was a Frito-Lay (owned by Pepsi) that you uploaded a picture of the package and you could get a free game play to win prizes. It was an automated and instant system and as it merely asked for a picture and not a unique code, no purchase was necessary to enter. All that was needed one person to take one picture and everyone used that one picture.

They're saying a NEW SONG. I'm hoping that means that it's a new song from the '86/'87 sessions rather than a crappy remix.

like i said, it seems old-fashioned. maybe it's easy for them to run it this way. But they should strive for innovative, not easy. it's just kind of stupid, that's all.

by sometime ago I meant a few months ago - like last November or such.

So, I have to take a pic of the can and send it to Pepsi. Then, someone will email me the streaming link. :unsure:

I agree with azsummergirl. This sounds awfully outdated. In an age when people can buy a song by tapping a button, this emailing and waiting for a reply sounds a step too much.

Buying an individual song is now cheaper than a can of Pepsi. I'd rather go to iTune.

Last edited:

According to my sources in Sony, the big news announcement will come on MONDAY, MAY 21 at 10AM ET

it's nothing related to Pepsi campaign. go figure.

^^ Whether you're male or female, I LOVE YOU. If you are right, I shall hail you as God.

Nah, just kidding. But I'm hoping you're right! I'm gonna be at school by then, but I'm rushing home!

nothing related to pepsi? what could that mean?

oh someone please say what time that is on GMT, this global thing its killing me
I think that's 12:00 pm in Argentina ;)

According to my sources in Sony, the big news announcement will come on MONDAY, MAY 21 at 10AM ET

Thank you mkgenie!!
Now I'm supper exited again :jump:
How am I suppose to go to sleep like this :D

But I hope you're right though :p

Last edited:

MKGENIE - you are always right!!! - So I believe you 110 % !!

Thanks so very much!

nothing related to pepsi? what could that mean?

Coming from Sony and not related to Pepsi could only mean the Bad 25 announcement we are waiting for

*prays for BAD tour announcement*

Anyone think we will get the tracklisting of the album with the announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back