Bad tour LA

Well, if it was a video, I would consider a crowdfunding... But audio, where song are cutted on the end of the tapes... :/

Yeah, maybe if it was a VHS. But I ain't paying 5 grand for a low quality soundboard rip, thanks.

I just figure its better than nothing at this point. Especially since the composition of some songs differ than what we have. It is high in price.

Last edited:
I just figure its better than nothing at this point. Especially since the compsition of some songs differ than what we have. It is high in price.

Anything new is cool I guess, but its a bootleg... Nothing more.

Nice to see it back online again! I wish Pensacola would be available again.

I really hate when Pensacola rehearsal cassette was out of our grasp, I really wanna hear it so bad. But glad the Bad Tour Finale is back on the market.

Good that its up again but that price feels a bit too much for audio. Also was it this or the rehearsal where part of Billie Jean is missing because of tape switch?

I already lost interest in this. If it leaks, awesome, and if it doesn't I'll be good too.

I already lost interest in this. If it leaks, awesome, and if it doesn't I'll be good too.
Same. We are are due for something new to leak... if the price was lowered then I would be more interested. Some surprise tape from Steve, Mjbeats, or anyone would be nice right about now lol

Same. We are are due for something new to leak... if the price was lowered then I would be more interested. Some surprise tape from Steve, Mjbeats, or anyone would be nice right about now lol

When you think about it. We already have this entire concert in really good quality even though it's an amature recording and we have many pro snippets from this concert as well. The price for this tape is outrageous. Pensacola on the other hand.. Even though it's just a audio concert we have never heard this before, he sings completely live and this is the closest that we have to how the opening show in Kansas sounded like. I hope some goodhearted fan decides to share this in the future or sell it or something.

When you think about it. We already have this entire concert in really good quality even though it's an amature recording and we have many pro snippets from this concert as well. The price for this tape is outrageous. Pensacola on the other hand.. Even though it's just a audio concert we have never heard this before, he sings completely live and this is the closest that we have to how the opening show in Kansas sounded like. I hope some goodhearted fan decides to share this in the future or sell it or something.

Yeah looking back now the rehearsal tape is the more desired tape. I just liked hearing an HQ soundboard tape from LA especially since you can hear the crowd mixed in. I know its a rumor but I do believe that LA was planned for release at one time. I wish the bad tour rehearsals would leak like the dangerous ones did. We only have Smooth Criminal with the classic lounis logo on it.

I wish I could afford this, because I'd snap it in a heartbeat to transfer. Especially hearing APOM in a different key would be wonderful!

Yeah looking back now the rehearsal tape is the more desired tape. I just liked hearing an HQ soundboard tape from LA especially since you can hear the crowd mixed in. I know its a rumor but I do believe that LA was planned for release at one time. I wish the bad tour rehearsals would leak like the dangerous ones did. We only have Smooth Criminal with the classic lounis logo on it.

Yeah it does give credence to the rumor that LA was planned for release. Knowing how MJ operated it is possible that this was one of his many cancelled projects. It's funny because we also have a loot of footage from the Pensacola rehearsals. I always thought those rehearsals would leak one day. Doesn't lounis possess more footage from pensacola than just Smooth Criminal?

I wish I could afford this, because I'd snap it in a heartbeat to transfer. Especially hearing APOM in a different key would be wonderful!

You could always listen to APOM from Tokyo 88 to hear it in a lower key in HQ :) I agree though, it would be nice hearing APOM from Los Angeles. The band was really grooving that night.

Last edited:
Yeah it does give credence to the rumor that LA was planned for release. Knowing how MJ operated it is possible that this was one of his many cancelled projects. It's funny because we also have a loot of footage from the Pensacola rehearsals. I always thought those rehearsals would leak one day. Doesn't lounis possess more footage from pensacola than just Smooth Criminal?

You could always listen to APOM from Tokyo 88 to hear it in a lower key in HQ :) I agree though, it would be nice hearing APOM from Los Angeles. The band was really grooving that night.

Lounis wasn't the owner of the rehearsal tape as I can remember.
He received that clip as a demo reel just like the rehearsal from 93 and that's all he can get at that time.

Is there any way a form of crowdfund would be allowed to speak about here? (With rules from admin team, I mean)

Falcon;4320063 said:
Well, auction is gone already...

It sold for £3,200. As others have said, if this show was completely unheard it would be different...

Zakk;4320067 said:
It sold for £3,200. As others have said, if this show was completely unheard it would be different...

Very true.. even the chance that the estate will release it at one point is very possible, since they had this concert ready for release way before BAD25.

What a shame. Hopefully something of it pops up in some form.

It' gone now. Perhaps it'll pop up again on ebay.

Its back online with a new blurb at the bottom:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jackson-Bad-Tour-Los-Angeles-1-27-1989-Soundboard-Cassettes-/194198040712?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

"Crowdfunding is up to the individuals that arrange it, however the item won't be withdrawn from eBay."

Considering part of the performance is cut in places, maybe a deal can be arranged for a lesser sum of money?

There seems to be a campaign organized with the owner of the tape! Can't post here but the information is out there. :)

Only a matter of time before those tapes are released. It's a shame Billie Jean isn't complete :(

Back