BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

Just to add, VHS quality is outdated for 2 decades, but oh well.. I was really expecting a Blu-Ray, but I'll take the VHS anyway.

Last edited:

Well i think we will get: Cheater 2001, Al Capone, Hot Fever, Don't Be Messing Around, and Dirty Diana (Early Demo), and Buffalo Bill or The Price of Fame. (not sure on the last 2)
As for remixes i think Bad will be remixed, TWYMMF, Leave me Alone and Smooth Criminal.

I hope we also get the Bad demo. If they don't put it on there, I might be a little disappointed.

Well BAD sold 25 million in one year worldwide when it got released. With all the repackaging and so many years after, why would it be difficult to believe that MJ sold 20 extra million from 1988 to today? That's around 800 000 units a year. What do they include in thsoe 800 000 units, I don't know.
I'm not saying it's impossible that Bad has sold 45 million copies, it's just that the wording in the statement makes it sound like the number includes the album and single sales. When people say that an album has generated X number of units in sales it usually includes the singles too. If they meant how many copies the album has sold, they probably would have said that the album has sold X number of copies.

But either way, whether Bad has sold around 36 or 45 million, it's a huge number, very few artists can say their album has sold over 30 million copies.

How can we see the UK daybreak clip?

What's the daybreak clip? And how I can see it?

What's the daybreak clip? And how I can see it?

The daybreak clip was Michael at the end of Bad, doing ad-libs and side-stepping just before the end of the number. The quality is what you would expect, and I don't know if it's online yet.

The daybreak clip was Michael at the end of Bad, doing ad-libs and side-stepping just before the end of the number. The quality is what you would expect, and I don't know if it's online yet.

So it's not the trailer in yt which quality isn't very good? Please tell me the daybreak's quality is better than that!

Please give us quality like this, ok? ... :bow:
That's the least what Bad tour deserves..

vlcsnap2012050619h05m00.png

vlcsnap2012050619h05m23.png

vlcsnap2012052210h52m50.png

vlcsnap2012052210h52m55.png

vlcsnap2012052210h53m00.png

vlcsnap2012052211h21m34.png

vlcsnap2012052211h21m59.png

vlcsnap2012052211h22m53.png

:bugeyed:ph34r:

wembleyr.jpg

Last edited:

So it's not the trailer in yt which quality isn't very good? Please tell me the daybreak's quality is better than that!

Maybe slightly better, but it's still obviously a VHS rip. That being said, there were no black bars and I have a big HDTV.

I personally think that whenever statements say "recently discovered/unearthed" etc., it's almost always a marketing tactic to make it seem like they are acting fast to release it. Personally, I think they probably recently agreed on a tracklist for the demo disc and that's what they meant.

As for the DVD, the fact that it's Michael's personal copy does make it more special, even if there are better quality concerts out there. The idea that this was his personal VHS gives me the impression that he probably saw this show as one of his greatest live accomplishments. In fact, it's also probable that he watched it during the conception period of his other tours to think of ways to top himself! Honestly, so long as it's watch-able and nothing else has been added to it, I'm completely fine with the VHS quality. Kenny Ortega once stated in an interview that the rehearsal cameras sometimes taped over each other - so I'm led to believe that Michael wasn't obsessed with keeping absolutely everything documented. Granted, I'm not insinuating that he would purposely tape over concerts, I'm saying that it's rational to believe that he would only want to keep one copy of a tour - his "best" performance, if you will - and having everything else placed in the archives.

And I can guarantee you as a tv spectator witness that BAD tour was reported and recorded by different national TVs back then. Very good examples are Man In The Mirror footages that they used for Moonwalker, Another Part of Me that they used as a video for the same song, not to mention all the documentaries. It was bigger than Dangerous. I seriously thought already in 1988 that they were going to release a VHS of the concert (there were no DVDs back then).

Siedah Garett reported that a camera crew was in the studio to video record the session.

I am 100% sure that all MJ's tours including Triumph and Victory are blu-ray releasable. It's only later on that I've learned that MJ's didn't want to release the video's for business strategical reasons, not because of the lack of quality.

What is strange though is that the Estate seems to have peanuts compared to what there is actually.

p.s. Don't you guys realize that be it blu-ray or DVD the quality would be exactly the same because the master copy seems to be a VHS and not the video camera film?

Got_A_Bad_feeling-copy.jpg

But I hope I'm wrong :p

lol i was right ZAK WILL GET A VHS

wow that's really awesome. more than i expected to have, thank you

omg that is so crazy !!! awww , we all have been waiting for this long time .We deserve it ! Can't wait ....

wheres the 30 trailer??

But that's weird to begin with.
The basic setlist of the 2nd leg of the tour included BOTH. Not one or the other.
(i even have an awesome audience recording from another Wembley show. He does ALL the songs).
I don't get why he'd cut a song out...

"tired" is soo not a realistic excuse. You don't perform 2 hours in front of that many people and just make a decision "u know wut, no THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL tonight y'all. I'm not feelin' it".

Anyhoo, I hope they it's a bonus song at the least....

TWYMMF and MITM were encore songs. For some concerts during the second leg, there were some order switches and songs removed such as "The Way You Make Me Feel" or "Man In The Mirror". He did not sing those songs on all concerts of the second leg.

He did not sing those songs on all concerts of the second leg.

Yes, but those occasions didn't happen very often I believe.

You can watch Daybreak on the itv player at www.itv.com/player. This might be for UK users only but hey there's ways round that!

No cinema release?
tumblr_m46nkcMmtd1r64g7r.gif

At about 7:50 the clip is played on daybreak, that is 1 hour 50 minutes in if the programme starts at 6.

At about 7:50 the clip is played on daybreak, that is 1 hour 50 minutes in if the programme starts at 6.

They also played it at 6:55.

The quality doesn't look magnificent. But it'll look better in the close ups I guess. I'm still happy.

Anyone record the 30 seconds?

This news was definitely worth waiting for!
Thanks for the great news Gaz! :)

Back