BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

Ok people..start placing bets...what unreleased songs will be included in this boxset along with Don't Be Messin' Around?

I hope tomorrow's clip will be 30 seconds of pure show. Then we'll get a glimpse of the quality.

I'm really excited for the whole release in general! I'm totally freaking out at the fact that we'll finally be able to listen to demos and outtakes from "Bad" after so long. I hope they release the track listing soon. I'm curious as to what exactly will be put on the second CD.

September couldn't be here soon enough...

Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! The bad tour is finally coming out!!! And it's a few days after my birthday!!!! Oh thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

Thank you lord!!!

Well i think we will get: Cheater 2001, Al Capone, Hot Fever, Don't Be Messing Around, and Dirty Diana (Early Demo), and Buffalo Bill or The Price of Fame. (not sure on the last 2)
As for remixes i think Bad will be remixed, TWYMMF, Leave me Alone and Smooth Criminal.

Well i think we will get: Cheater 2001, Al Capone, Hot Fever, Don't Be Messing Around, and Dirty Diana (Early Demo), and Buffalo Bill or The Price of Fame. (not sure on the last 2)
As for remixes i think Bad will be remixed, TWYMMF, Leave me Alone and Smooth Criminal.

There is no such thing as Cheater 2001 is there???

I hope for Al Capone, Hot Fever, Buffalo Bill and Price of Fame. - Maybe Chicago 45 - demo of SC right?

Its weird some of the shots in the trailer of the dvd look really good, others not. Why does everyone think this is?

I think they got the film negatives because it looks too good to be upscaled. You just might have gotten a bad rip, yeah.

Considering it was filmed before HD anyway, it turned out (like a lot of movies that go through the same process) really nice.
HD has always existed. Anything shot on the film medium can produce an HD copy. Flim actually contains more visual information than an HD copy. That's why you can buy Blu-Rays of movies from the 80 even though the concept of HD didn't exist back then.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD TOUR DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wild: wild:

On June 5 in the U.S. (June 4th ex-U.S.), Epic / Legacy Recordings will re-release the original
first single from the album "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" as a CD Single with a previously
unreleased bonus track from the BAD sessions, "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)." This is a
Wal-Mart exclusive CD single in the U.S. and will not be available digitally.

So this means it wont be released here in australia?

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD TOUR DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wild: wild:

So this means it wont be released here in australia?

No. Its only Walmart exclusive in the US. Sanity are selling the single in Australia.

So, the fans from other countries won't be getting the IJCSLY single? And it will not be available in online stores like Amazon?

I'm trying to reconcile the fact that they're releasing the july 16th show from a "personal VHS" that is the only known one to exist. It's just hard for me to believe there's not better recordings (film?) from other shows that exist, b/c i very much believe that Michael would have recorded many many many concerts. Sure, maybe they're not all accessible now, but SOME must be? i would think--who would destroy a record of that?! answer: no one sane.

so like i said, i'm just trying to reconcile that, and maybe it's because of this: "A CD showcasing the audio from the sound truck recordings of the July 16th Wembley performance. The first-ever live Michael Jackson CD to be released, this is the only concert from the BAD Tour known to exist on multitracks. " Ok, so the CD is the only multitracks version of the audio. That, somehow, is easier for me to believe.

So maybe, they're not saying the jul 16th show is the ONLY BAD show that exists, but they chose it because it matches up with the audio, which is the only multitrack that exists? So maybe there are other shows to see, but this is the one that matches with the best audio.

Lol i don't know i just hope that the vhs translated to DVD is high enough quality, it worries me. i want it to be as perfect as possible.

EDIT: OH, OH something else: does anyone else wonder : If they hadn't so royally screwed up "MICHAEL", would they have tried this hard to make this release so good? They probably would have just thrown some ish together like some remixes and been like "that's good" bt now maybe they feel like they need to earn trust back.

Last edited:

Hahahaha, that's funny.

Hi Arklove and Kristinaz! I don't post much but I'm online almost all the time. I'm from Vancouver BC too. I live in West Vancouver. What about you Kristinaz? Which part of Vancouver? Looks like no pepsi can for us, huh. SAD :(

Grande Prairie....But I'm from Ontario ;)

I need to get to Vancouver someday :D

34yecgk.jpg

P.S. When I put this in tinypic, the security code that I had to fill in was 'Chuck Norris' :hysterical:

So excited about this release. Can't wait until September to unbuckle that box set!

There is no such thing as Cheater 2001 is there???

I hope for Al Capone, Hot Fever, Buffalo Bill and Price of Fame. - Maybe Chicago 45 - demo of SC right?

There is. Michael reworked Cheater in 2001 together with Rodney Jerkins. Along with Chicago 1945 and Get around.
I hope we get the latest versions of these too!!!

There is. Michael reworked Cheater in 2001 together with Rodney Jerkins. Along with Chicago 1945 and Get around.
I hope we get the latest versions of these too!!!
There is also Groove Of Midnight.

46 pages of excitement in one day. Wow.

just seen the daybreak clip it looks amazing. I'm guessing this is before the video gets restored because it wasn't that clear.

just seen the daybreak clip it looks amazing. I'm guessing this is before the video gets restored because it wasn't that clear.

The clip is from a 20+year old VHS that had been watched god knows how many times so the picture will not be very clear. No amount of restoration can help an old VHS. The clip would have been from the DVD they're going to release, so what you saw is what you'll get for BAD25.

How's the clarity compared to the the Japan DVD?

The clip is from a 20+year old VHS that had been watched god knows how many times so the picture will not be very clear. No amount of restoration can help an old VHS. The clip would have been from the DVD they're going to release, so what you saw is what you'll get for BAD25.

I guess and hope that the VHS master copy wasn't the one that was watched but its copy. Now if that VHS was one that was watched over and over again, where's the master copy? Where are the tapes from the cameras that rolled relentlessly?

If none of it is available then the only thing that comforts me is to know that it was MJ's personal VHS and that we'll watch it the way MJ watched it.

What I am more worried about though is when they say "newly discovered demos". I mean, how many "hidden" demos or unreleased songs are there that won't be newly discovered? Who possesses MJ's work in high definition (concerts, unreleased songs etc)? A rich collector?

if thats true, and is not PR, where are the certification updates?
I think the 45 million units sold includes the album sales and the singles sales as well. It's difficult to say how much the album has sold, but somebody estimated in another thread here that it has sold about 36 million copies, which sounds plausible to me.

Well BAD sold 25 million in one year worldwide when it got released. With all the repackaging and so many years after, why would it be difficult to believe that MJ sold 20 extra million from 1988 to today? That's around 800 000 units a year. What do they include in thsoe 800 000 units, I don't know.

I guess and hope that the VHS master copy wasn't the one that was watched but its copy. Now if that VHS was one that was watched over and over again, where's the master copy? Where are the tapes from the cameras that rolled relentlessly?

If none of it is available then the only thing that comforts me is to know that it was MJ's personal VHS and that we'll watch it the way MJ watched it.

What I am more worried about though is when they say "newly discovered demos". I mean, how many "hidden" demos or unreleased songs are there that won't be newly discovered? Who possesses MJ's work in high definition (concerts, unreleased songs etc)? A rich collector?

I personally think that whenever statements say "recently discovered/unearthed" etc., it's almost always a marketing tactic to make it seem like they are acting fast to release it. Personally, I think they probably recently agreed on a tracklist for the demo disc and that's what they meant.

As for the DVD, the fact that it's Michael's personal copy does make it more special, even if there are better quality concerts out there. The idea that this was his personal VHS gives me the impression that he probably saw this show as one of his greatest live accomplishments. In fact, it's also probable that he watched it during the conception period of his other tours to think of ways to top himself! Honestly, so long as it's watch-able and nothing else has been added to it, I'm completely fine with the VHS quality. Kenny Ortega once stated in an interview that the rehearsal cameras sometimes taped over each other - so I'm led to believe that Michael wasn't obsessed with keeping absolutely everything documented. Granted, I'm not insinuating that he would purposely tape over concerts, I'm saying that it's rational to believe that he would only want to keep one copy of a tour - his "best" performance, if you will - and having everything else placed in the archives.

Back