Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Spoilers!

Don't agree with this. They still have SUICIDE SQUAD & solo WONDER WOMAN movie before they even get to the JL film. They don't have to do what Marvel does.

But they did it in this already. This should have been just Batman vs Superman. There are just too many characters in my opinion. Batman, Superman and Lex Luthor of the main characters should have been enough.

Even the most scathing reviews of BvS praised gal gadot's WW in the film. They had no complaints whatsoever of her being in the film.

She was alright but almost nothing in the plot would have changed if she was left out. The battle with Doomsday didn't really need her either. She was there just because they wanted to build up for Justice League. It felt forced. The movie should have been a lot smaller in my opinion. Also it would have helped if the movie was good.

Last edited:
My opinion is that the movie is great but it had some weird casting choices. Wonder Woman had too strong accent. Aquaman is supposed to be blonde which Jason Momoa is definitely not. But the most bizarre casting choice was Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash who is also supposed to be a muscular blonde American, not feminine, skinny, Asian looking boy. It's not racist if you make characters like they are originally created by their creator and like they are drawn in the comics. I'm tired of all the PC crap that Hollywood is trying to force down our throats.

Praises go for Ben Affleck who was perfect, Jesse Eisenberg who killed it and of course Henry Cavill as Superman.

Spoilers!

But they did it in this already. This should have been just Batman vs Superman. There are just too many characters in my opinion. Batman, Superman and Lex Luthor of the main characters should have been enough.

She was alright but almost nothing in the plot would have changed if she was left out. The battle with Doomsday didn't really need her either. She was there just because they wanted to build up for Justice League. It felt forced. The movie should have been a lot smaller in my opinion. Also it would have helped if the movie was good.
You're clearly in the minority then with the "alright" part and I do agree she didn't serve much to the plot but again ppl still loved her in it. So WB wins there and with Affleck cus if ppl hated them then that would of not been good and that's YOUR opinion again that the film was not good. I don't agree with the critics making it out to be this "terrible" or "bad" film. Not saying it's great but don't think it's bad either. I thought it was just good. Disagree with the "forced" part. You know, I liked the way the cast and director have addressed the negative reviews from film critics as opposed to Alex Proyas (Director of THE CROW, DARK CITY, I, ROBOT) who went on a Facebook tirade for critics who disliked GODS OF EGYPT saying why he thinks film crtics are evil.

My opinion is that the movie is great but it had some weird casting choices. Wonder Woman had too strong accent. Aquaman is supposed to be blonde which Jason Momoa is definitely not. But the most bizarre casting choice was Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash who is also supposed to be a muscular blonde American, not feminine, skinny, Asian looking boy. It's not racist if you make characters like they are originally created by their creator and like they are drawn in the comics. I'm tired of all the PC crap that Hollywood is trying to force down our throats.

Praises go for Ben Affleck who was perfect, Jesse Eisenberg who killed it and of course Henry Cavill as Superman.
Jason Momoa is gonna be blond in the JL movie. They always said Aquaman was gonna be a cameo in BvS. I disagree with ezra miller being a weird casting choice. Many thought jesse eisenberg was for lex and while he was a bit much a few times but I thought he was good. I liked they didn't make ezra miller clean cut like grant gustin is in the tv show. You're gonna see more of Ezra and Jason in JL. The film starts shooting April 11th. Didn't have a problem with Wonder Woman. But agree Affleck killed it as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Can't wait to see him again in SUICIDE SQUAD.

Can't wait for the next solo Batman movie. Affleck was the best part of this movie. I hope they keep Justice League references to minimun. I think it was a bad decision to place Gotham and Metropolis so close to each other in this movie. It feels stupid in my opinion and it will not make any sense that Superman doesn't come to help if something big is happening in Gotham in the future Batman movies. They can't always say that he is away.

Jason Momoa is gonna be blond in the JL movie.
Why would he be blond when they already showed him in this?

Last edited:
They can't always say that he is away.

Why would he be blond when they already showed him in this?
Marvel has to continue explaining why certain heroes aren't there either so there's that. As for aquaman. Wait for the JL film. That's a start.

Marvel has to continue explaining why certain heroes aren't there either so there's that.

But we are talking about Superman. He is in a whole another level with his powers. The writers could have at least located Gotham and Metropolis not so close to each other so they wouldn't have this problem. I have been thinking about seeing the movie again because I have a free ticket but this time in 2D. 3D made the picture too dark and kind of ruined many of the fight scenes. 3D and fast action don't go well together. Also I want to see the Batman scenes again.

Red Letter Media's discussion about the movie:

It starts around 4:50.

Last edited:
But we are talking about Superman. He is in a whole another level with his powers. The writers could have at least located Gotham and Metropolis not so close to each other so they wouldn't have this problem. I have been thinking about seeing the movie again because I have a free ticket but this time in 2D. 3D made the picture too dark and kind of ruined many of the fight scenes. 3D and fast action don't go well together. Also I want to see the Batman scenes again.

Red Letter Media's discussion about the movie:

It starts around 4:50.
I stopped caring about 3D so I don't pay attention to that anymore. Like Nolan I also don't like 3D in general. Even though I don't like it I could see the fights just fine. I also don't care about Red Letter Media, Screen Junkies, Cinema Sins or HISE YouTube channels. "But we are talking about Superman. He is in a whole another level with his powers." That you know of. There are thousands of Marvel characters out there. I'll be seeing the film again too probably this weekend in 2D aswell after I see MIDNIGHT SPECIAL this friday.

But we are talking about Superman. He is in a whole another level with his powers." That you know of. There are thousands of Marvel characters out there.
But not in Marvel Cinematic Universe. Iron Man is the only one in who has that problem but he is not as fast as Superman. It could be a problem in the future Spider-Man movies because they are both based in New York. DC could have avoided the problem by locating Gotham away from Metropolis.

Last edited:
But not in Marvel Cinematic Universe. Iron Man is the only one in who has that problem but he is not as fast as Superman. It could be a problem in the future Spider-Man movies because they are both based in New York. DC could have avoided the problem by locating Gotham away from Metropolis.
The only ppl who really know how they're handle certain obstacles are the writer, director and studios. Not us. Marvel films are not stopping anytime soon so the number is gonna keep increasing in the MCU. I'll be curious to see how Sony and Marvel Studios work together furthering their universe with him. Let alone how he fits into CIVIL WAR.

The movie was Ok. Not great, and certainly not that bad that some make it out to be, but ok. I felt the movie had major issues with the pacing and editing, it felt like it bounced all over the place. Whether that was the intended effect I don't know. Affleck does a standout performance and Gal was awesome. Can't wait for suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

I really think Zack Snyder should step down and let someone else write/direct Justice League, like George Miller.

Score: 7,0/10

The movie was Ok. Not great, and certainly not that bad that some make it out to be, but ok. I felt the movie had major issues with the pacing and editing, it felt like it bounced all over the place. Whether that was the intended effect I don't know. Affleck does a standout performance and Gal was awesome. Can't wait for suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

I really think Zack Snyder should step down and let someone else write/direct Justice League, like George Miller.

Score: 7,0/10
I agree on the editing part and that's not what critics claim it to be and affleck and gal's performances and being excited for SS and WW but disagree that it was just "ok". I gave it 8/10. Infact I saw it yesterday and liked it a a little more. Don't expect Snyder to be stepping down. The R rated director's cut on Blu-ray is gonna have 30 mins of footage we haven't seen. Curious what that will look like when film goes up to 3 hours.

this crapfest had a massive 70% drop this weekend and that's with zero competition. bad word of mouth is killing it and hopefully zack the hack's career:)

this crapfest had a massive 70% drop this weekend and that's with zero competition. bad word of mouth is killing it and hopefully zack the hack's career:)
Your opinion on "crapfest" and you are aware HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 (a film that was heavily praised) had the same drop off in its second week, right? Keep dreaming if you think Snyder's career is over. By that logic, Michael Bay's career should of been over but guess what? IT'S NOT. Same with M. Night Shyamalan. The film worldwide is about to hit 700 Million. It already has made more money than MOS.

I hope they don't let him direct more DC movies but he will sadly direct Justice League beacuse it will start filming very soon if it hasn't already. I really hope they will able to make a good DC Cinematic Universe movie at some point. Man of Steel and this could have been much better. They just need a good director.

Internets reaction when they first heard Ben Affleck was cast as Batman - ''He'll be the worst Batman ever! This is George Clooney all over again!''

Internets reaction after actually seeing Ben Affleck as Batman - ''BEST BATMAN EVER!!!!''

I really hope they will able to make a good DC Cinematic Universe movie at some point.
I guess you have a short memory that David Ayer has written and directed SUICIDE SQUAD so there's a chance that film could be the one that could be good and also Patty Jenkins is directing the solo WONDER WOMAN movie and James Wan is directing the solo AQUAMAN movie.

Internets reaction when they first heard Ben Affleck was cast as Batman - ''He'll be the worst Batman ever! This is George Clooney all over again!''

Internets reaction after actually seeing Ben Affleck as Batman - ''BEST BATMAN EVER!!!!''
And let's not forget that "petition" to get him to not be batman. Morons.

Last edited:
Warner Bros. Mulls Releasing Fewer Films as 'Batman v. Superman' Stalls:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-mulls-releasing-films-881265

With Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, has Warner Bros. finally turned a corner?

After an abysmal run of expensive underperformers including Jupiter Ascending, Pan and In the Heart of the Sea, the studio launched its effort at a Marvel-style film universe with the DC Comics movie that had been touted as proof the regime installed in 2013 and headed by chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara was getting on track. But a dizzying 69 percent plunge that followed its March-record $166.1 million domestic opening ($422.5 million worldwide) means Batman is not a clear win.

Some competitors say the film may turn a profit but hardly will be the money gusher studios hope for when they pour massive resources into making a giant tentpole with a big star — with a budget in this case said to be in excess of $300 million, and Ben Affleck. "The biggest problem," says the head of a rival studio, "is that it is not turning [DC] into Marvel. The audience has communicated, as have the critics." One agent notes BvS likely won't get to $1 billion despite launching the universe with "two of the most iconic characters in history." Pointing out that Jurassic World pulled in $1.67 billion globally, he continues, "you can't tell me Batman v. Superman is so much less valuable."

Several sources say Warner Bros. executives were convinced they had the goods with BvS and were shocked when negative reviews began pouring in. Now, with DC movies dated through 2020, the outcome has led to a flurry of rumors that the studio will make adjustments — maybe add a new producer? — rather than allow BvS director Zack Snyder to proceed with the two-part Justice League. But sources with firsthand knowledge of the situation say the studio has no such plans. One says the filmmakers naturally will evaluate what went wrong with BvS, but when it comes to Justice League, "we're not going to take a movie that's supposed to be one thing and turn it into a copycat of something else."

I hope they rethink they plans. They need to hire talented directors and change the tone of their movies.

I hope they rethink their plans. They need to hire talented directors and change the tone of their movies.
It's pretty clear you ignored when I told you David Ayer is doing the SUICIDE SQUAD movie, Patty Jenkins is doing the solo WONDER WOMAN movie and James Wan is doing the solo AQUAMAN movie. You gonna sit there and tell me none of those ppl are talented? They don't need to change the tone of their movies. So basically you want their films to have corny one-liners? Gal Gadot mentioned WW is gonna be dark and it takes place in World War 1 and there ain't nothing funny about that war. SUICIDE SQUAD will have humor but it won't be light hearted, more like dark humor cus I mean they're criminals.

For me, it was bad. The first hour is so dull. The usage of Wonder Woman was awful. She was shoe horned in. Such a let down.

It's pretty clear you ignored when I told you David Ayer is doing the SUICIDE SQUAD movie, Patty Jenkins is doing the solo WONDER WOMAN movie and James Wan is doing the solo AQUAMAN movie. You gonna sit there and tell me none of those ppl are talented? They don't need to change the tone of their movies. So basically you want their films to have corny one-liners? Gal Gadot mentioned WW is gonna be dark and it takes place in World War 1 and there ain't nothing funny about that war. SUICIDE SQUAD will have humor but it won't be light hearted, more like dark humor cus I mean they're criminals.

I don't remember seeing any movies from those people so I don't know. I didn't mean that the movies would have to have corny one-liners and be comedic. Batman v Superman didn't look good so in my opinion they really need to change their tone. Also I'm not very excited about Aquaman movie and they are really lucky if that is a box office success.

Last edited:
I don't remember seeing any movies from those people so I don't know. I didn't mean that the movies would have to have corny one-liners and be comedic. Batman v Superman didn't look good so in my opinion they really need to change their tone. Also I'm not very excited about Aquaman movie and they are really lucky if that is a box office success.
Well let me fill you in. With James Wan he's directed: SAW, THE CONJURING 1 & 2 (coming in June), INSIDIOUS 1 & 2, FURIOUS 7 among others. Patty Jenkins has directed MONSTER with Charlize Theron which earned Charlize the oscar for best actress and patty has been involved in television too. Before Alan Taylor directed THOR: THE DARK WORLD, patty was supposed to direct it. And finally with David Ayer, He's written for films like the oscar winning TRAINING DAY, U-571, DARK BLUE, THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS (Original film) and S.W.A.T. plus he's written AND directed at the same time: HARSH TIMES, STREET KINGS, END OF WATCH, SABOTAGE and FURY. Nah they don't need to change their tone. And BvS isn't great but certainly not terrible like you're making it out to be. So as I mentioned, we'll be getting a break from snyder for a while and you'll get to see the next 2 DC films (SUICIDE SQUAD & WONDER WOMAN) directed by other ppl. As for AQUAMAN, it certainly doesn't have to join the billion dollar club to be successful. That won't be out for a couple of years anyways.

what a joke, fatass melissa mccarthy beat this at the box office and her movie is also crap. the first onscreen meeting of meeting of icons batman and superman (+ wonderwoman) making less than forgettable iron man 3 or a bayformers film:mat::(

Back