Besides Michael's untimely and sudden death, name ONE thing you wish never happened to him. :/

Karice

Proud Member
As I was thinking of making this thread, I thought,"If I say name ONE thing you wish never happened to Michael, EVERYBODY will say,"His sudden and untimely death," so I decided to get that option erased right off the bat.

I personally am torn between Michael's hair catching on Fire in 1984(That was some scary stuff and Michael could have died from that accident) and Martin Bashir Documentary which led to the Second Child Molestation Case. I'm going with Martin Bashir Documentary as the ONE thing I wished never happened to him(Besides his untimely and sudden death). Michael got a lot of undeserved flack for the Martin Bashir Documentary and the subsequent Second Child Molestation case. I consider the MBD and the SCMC to go hand in hand.

Michael meeting the Chandler family. I believe that if the first allegations didn't happen, the second one wouldn't have happened either. The 93 allegations were the beginning of the slow demise of Michael Jackson. :(

Last edited:
Meeting the Chandlers, a false allegation gave the racist media free reign to hound Michael for the rest of his life

1. His hair catching on fire
2. Meeting the Chandler family
3. Not agreeing to the movie deal Jordans dad wanted

If these 3 events never happened, I believe

1. Michael would have avoided being addicted to drugs
2. Not been accused of child molestation

Thus opening so many new doors of movie deals, additional music projects, business investments, etc.

You guys have already touched upon the main issues, but I look at things from a slightly different perspective. And I am afraid I cannot possibly point out one single issue or event. I cannot help but factor in the totality of matters which have tormented Michael's life, skewed his outlook on things and caused incredible havoc, for him and not only him.

Obviously, the allegations represent the single, greatest storm in his life and there is much to be said about the racism, envy and deviousness that hides behind those lies. Unfortunately, those involved are not the only ones to be blamed for the ills in Michael's existence.

I'm afraid 'credit' is also due to anything and everything from leeches and hangers-on to pill pushers and dubious characters typical of Follywood; from the horrendous media to the hysterical groupies; from evil record executives to demanding fans never satiated in their quench for material to devour; from all the yes-people he surrounded himself with, to the ones who told him 'no' at all the wrong times and about all the wrong issues; from the 'ladies' that threw their bras at him when he was a teenager to the ones in his proximity, who gravitated in his sphere in his later years.

I believe ALL of those had a terrible and most detrimental impact on Michael's life and emotions, leaving him almost bereft of the ability to trust people anymore. Growing up and living for decades in such an environment, can anyone truly blame him?

Some try to make all kinds of connections between Michael's music and his life. Part of it, truly is self-explanatory, the HIStory album being the obvious, sad example. Childhood defintely is one of his most autobiographical songs. I used to think that Someone put your hand out also reflected him very closely; I'm not entirely sure about that one anymore. One line that definitely fits him though is from another song and goes.......I'm from a world of disappointments and confusion. I am afraid those are some of the most honest words he ever did sing. His was a very dark and most confusing world indeed.

I love Michael more than anyone can possibly understand, but I resent profoundly what the world did to him, I really do.

I suppose I would choose something relating his health. Vitiligo, probably. It was a huge problem for him. People usually only talk about his changing appearance, but that's only one side of that disease. His skin got really vulnerable, skin cancer is a big risk. He must have had a hard time with that.

Buying the Beatles Catalog in 1985 because after that he started using that asset (as collateral) in order for him to get excessive loans in the later years which led to his accumulating numerous bad debts until his death.

Not listening to all those voices from his family, and especially from his own mother Katherine Jackson, who kept telling to him to stop taking prescription medications/drugs in the '00s.

Listening to his insurance company and thus settling out of court the Chandler civil lawsuit in 1994 (because of that, since then for many people Michael Jackson looked like guilty of those accusations against him).

Allegations for sure. I sometimes wonder how different his life/career would of been if he was never accused of one of the worst things imaginable.

In no particular order:

• Doing the Victory tour/Pepsi commercials. Let's be real here, Michael didn't want to do it, he had to be talked into it. If he doesn't do the tour, he doesn't do the Pepsi ads and suffer 3rd degree burns to his scalp, which caused his pain meds addiction.
  • Meeting the Chandlers- 'nuff said
  • Building Neverland Ranch- I know Michael wanted a place to escape and give something back to kids, but this place while such a wonderful one, had a negative aspect too. The media ripped him for it, the allegations which brought not 1 but 2 times the police raided it. Even after the criminal trial when he was found not guilty, Michael abandoned it, as it wasn't a home anymore to him.

Buying the Beatles Catalog in 1985 because after that he started using that asset (as collateral) in order for him to get excessive loans in the later years which led to his accumulating numerous bad debts until his death.

Not listening to all those voices from his family, and especially from his own mother Katherine Jackson, who kept telling to him to stop taking prescription medications/drugs in the '00s.

Listening to his insurance company and thus settling out of court the Chandler civil lawsuit in 1994 (because of that, since then for many people Michael Jackson looked like guilty of those accusations against him).
Of course he should have bought the ATV catalogue. His problem was not knowing or not wanting to sell it. The estate sold it from 800 mill. Mj should have done the same years earlier instead of being so desperate to keep it. Which is understandable considering the hatred many had for his ownership of it.

Mj delt with his prescription issues in the early 00's he did get treatment and took meds to counter act it.he spoke about it in court depos. It made no real difference. It would have been better if he never did the pepsi advert which created the original problem.

The insurance company had nothing to do with the settlement. That was a myth created by brian oxman. Mj settled because of the several rulings that were made against him which broke his constitutional rights. Laws were changed later to stop it happening again to others. To late for mj.

Hmm it's hard to say.

my pick would be the drug addiction. I wish he never got and depended on drugs so much

Much has been listed here, but the 1999 Munich bridge accident, MJ didn't seem the same afterwards. MJ himself even admitted (years later) that he had pain on his back due to this accident.

Meeting the Chandlers.

I firmly believe that Michael would still be here with us had they not so utterly ruined his life. Had they not been around, his drug dependence wouldn’t have exacerbated, meaning June 25, 2009, wouldn’t have happened. I’d gladly sacrifice everything on HIStory to save MJ those 15+ years of suffering.

Meeting the Chandlers.

I firmly believe that Michael would still be here with us had they not so utterly ruined his life. Had they not been around, his drug dependence wouldn’t have exacerbated, meaning June 25, 2009, wouldn’t have happened. I’d gladly sacrifice everything on HIStory to save MJ those 15+ years of suffering.
Agreed but as I stated earlier, had the Pepsi commercials never happened (at least the Jacksons one), he doesn't burn his scalp and his drug addiction which started at that time, never takes place. If this doesn't happen, the events of the early 90s probably doesn't either, or at least MJ's judgement isn't clouded like it was due to the drug use, and probably fights these allegations rather then let his insurance companies settle out of court.

Opening his arms to pepsi ....oprah...jordy and june , then gavin . wade... the list , in that order. .......Its why M's not here :( These abusers gave him too much pain.

Agreeing with the car breaking down. was that rigged to break down does anyone think? what car was it ?did he own that outright or was on loan ? picture?

Last edited:
Oprah that’s a bad word. Has she ever apologized to anyone for anything. I about puked when she was on the Adele special. What a mistake Adele made inviting Oprah. She labeled Adele a Icon. I mean she’s great but it’s a bit early for Icon status after 3 albums. Needless to say, sorry Adele, I had to change the channel when Orca came on. A bit off topic but you get it.

Oprah that’s a bad word. Has she ever apologized to anyone for anything. I about puked when she was on the Adele special. What a mistake Adele made inviting Oprah. She labeled Adele a Icon. I mean she’s great but it’s a bit early for Icon status after 3 albums. Needless to say, sorry Adele, I had to change the channel when Orca came on. A bit off topic but you get it.
Adele's on her fourth album and she's sold several million albums. In fact,21 outsold Thriller in the UK,which was a monumental accomplishment for her. She's definitely an icon and somebody whose stuck to their guns with the music she makes,not following the trends of modern top-40 radio where everything sounds the same. Although I don't like Oprah either,she's correct in asserting Adele as an icon and I love both Adele & MJ.

Adele's on her fourth album and she's sold several million albums. In fact,21 outsold Thriller in the UK,which was a monumental accomplishment for her. She's definitely an icon and somebody whose stuck to their guns with the music she makes,not following the trends of modern top-40 radio where everything sounds the same. Although I don't like Oprah either,she's correct in asserting Adele as an icon and I love both Adele & MJ.
Oprah can’t decide who is a Icon. That status is earned over a long period of sustainability. Give it another 10 years or so to judge that. Yes, Adele is releasing her 4th album. Im judging on 3 she has released to date. Don’t get me wrong I love Adele as much as anyone but it seems Icon is thrown out there loosely now day. Is Ed Sheeran a Icon? He has double the subscribers as Adele on Spotify. Just giving us something to talk about since we don’t get anything from the MJ Estate.

Hmm. Vitiligo was also a REALLY messed up thing to happen to Michael...

I am new to this world, but from what I have read, he might have gotten over many things. But I wish he had people to do better financial planning, had sold Neverland and moved abroad, and was not backed into a corner to go back into the tour. This might have been the last straw that escalated everything.

Back