• Other MJ Performance

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Other Artist, put name in comment

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Doggone

Proud Member
Hi Guys!

I was just watching Michael's MTV 10th anniversary performance and it just made me realize that this was the best performance EVER performed by an artist...
His performance had EVERYTHING! An elevator and a car on stage, a whole pack of back up dancers on stage, a perfect stage design, a nice choreography and on top of this a winged lady descending on stage AND a little boy translating the last verses of the song. :swoon:

What do you think? Is the best performance performed by Michael or another artist?

EDIT: If chosen ''Other MJ Performance'' please let us know which performance in a comment :D

Last edited:
Michael has all performance as magic so hard to choose to pick! I have to love the Jackson 5 30 birthday show with brothers it was great to see Michael performing classic again!

I love almost all of Michaels performances and the ones you mentioned in the poll are iconic!
MTV 10th which you posted is perfection, it's just sooo Michael..., the emotional ending..., just everything.

One of my favourites, breathtaking imo! Watch the whole thing from beginning to end to really appreciate it :):
[youtube]jX9Kuh1Z4yc[/youtube]

(They HAVE TO release all one-off performances on bluray!)

Last edited:
Grammy's 1988
Any show from Bad Tour 1988 and 1989
Any of the early 1992 Dangerous Tour shows that include Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel

Bad Tour. Wembley July 16, 1988 because that is the only concert we have seen from that leg. :)

Yo yo what up doe ? My two favourite live performances are "Beat It live in Bucarest in 92" and "Dream On live in Tokyo in 2002". I can't choose one, they're both great in my opinion. I love "Dream On" live in Orlando in 2004 (the one on the dvd) but the video was edited here and there so i don't know if it counts.

It was hard to choose between the 1988 Grammys and MTV 10th anniversary, but when I think about that Man in the Mirror performance, it has the edge. Actually I think the best performance that could come from Michael never happened. I would have loved to see him perform something unplugged. That would have been amazing.

Couldn't pick from the named options as they are all partially or entirely lip-synched. So chose 'other MJ performance'.

BAD World Tour 1987-1989. It's my dream to see a Blu-Ray of this Career defining tour someday.

I voted other since I never saw those performances that was posted. Well except for Motown 25 and the 95 VMAs performance. Since I had taped the 95 VMAs back when it first aired. As great as that performance was. There are 3 performances that I had always thought was better than them. That is:

92 Munich Dangerous Concert Billie Jean Performance (One of the best Billie Jean performances I ever saw.)
96 World Music Awards Earth Song performance
The 1993 Soul Train Remember The Time Performance

I don't know why the Soul Train performance is never mention by us MJ fans. Maybe it has but I never seen it mention. This is really a great performance despite his foot injury. I just so totally L.O.V.E. that performance. And I so remember seeing that performance back when it was first aired on tv. And I still so totally regret not taping that performance. I was only 13 at the time. And I didn't quite exactly learn yet how to record stuff on blank VHS tapes.

I was 16 when he did that World Music Awards. And I still have the whole entire thing on taped. Back when it first aired. And even now I am still very glad I had taped it. That performance is the only MJ performance that had ever made me cry like that one did. It had that effect on me every single time I had watch it. And I always had thought that performance was just so truly amazing to see.

I love the Bad Tour shows mainly as best. But my best choice of a live performance would be...

[YOUTUBE]VjYVRFWcJG8[/YOUTUBE]

Best "WBSS" performance ever. Pure energy.

Sorry about this, but my favourite performance by anyone was Prince and the Revolution live at First Avenue, Minneapolis, August 4th 1983, where Wendy debuted on guitar and Prince premiered songs off Purple Rain for the first time and also did A case of you by Joni Mitchell along with a live reindition of a song called Electric Intercourse.
The intimate live show done to aid a local dance company was declared legendary by hordes of Prince fams world wide and is a widely circulating bootleg. The mixes for Purple Rain, I would die 4 U, Computer Blue and Baby I'm a star were taken for the Purple Rain album. The version of Electric Intercourse a legendary ballad left off Purple Rain for another great song "The Beautiful Ones" is considered the finest of all Prince songs. Sorry to be rude, but it wipes the floor of any Michael Jackson performance, which my opinion never quite live up to the album songs.

As much as I love some of Michael's live performances, Bad Tour, Dangerous in Budapest and a German show of the History tour, Prince to me has always been a better live performer, all the dancing singing and stuff going on on the stage in his shows. Livesexy is a essential view for anyone and remember it was Prince's Lovesexy tour that was shadowing MJ's Bad tour through 1988. To see a man do a kinetic dance routine, followed by some blistering power guitar, playing a piano and then frolicking on it with a microphone is awesome and just something Michael could never do. Plus all of his early shows, they never lipsynched and every thing was done live. Yes the routines and choreography was tight, but there was always a part of his shows, where Prince would let his group free form and a jam session would ensue. Michael was an awesome showman, but his regimented performances lacked the spontaneity and fun of Prince. MJ would play nearly the same set every night, Prince always mixed it up, bringing in songs, taking out others, extending certain songs and mixing up the order.:wild:

Last edited:
I can´t say which one is best but just Michael.. no other dancers..live..no guitar solo.. no cars on stage.. it´s great

[video=youtube;1_5C-9TkwjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_5C-9TkwjA[/video]

Can I take back or edit my vote?

I just watched the MTV 10th Anniversary show and well... it's the first time I've watched it in its entirety and... God, it made me cry. I wish I'd become his fan a little earlier. This is precisely one of the reasons I love him so dearly; he was truly a blessing from above...

Just so emotional right now.

Back