Best of Joy - Official Discussion Thread

With regards to Mr.Michael Jackson's reference (s) to the Moon/Moonlight and Spring;

Moonlight is the light that reaches Earth from the the Moon. This light does not originate from the Moon, but from sunlight. The Moon does not, however, reflect sunlight like a mirror, but it reflects light from those portions of its surface which the Sun's light strikes.

Spring and "springtime" refer to the season, and broadly to ideas of rebirth, renewal and regrowth.

"Spring" may begin as early as February (Northern Hemisphere) but generally are March, April, and MAY...

The Journal Of Reflection & Thoughts Truth Of Justice Nothing IS Black Or White. (Proceeds will be donated to two prearranged mutually agreed upon charities) (c) 1995-2009

Peace, Happiness, L.O.V.E

God Bless Always:angel: ~~~

:rollingpeace: :santa_elf::rollingpeace:

Last edited:
I LOVE this song, one of my favorites from the album. I feel it's about us fans. WE ARE FOREVER meaning, we will FOREVER love Michael and stand by his side!!!

Corrected Lyrics:

BEST OF JOY
written by Michael Jackson

i am your joy your best of joy
i am the moonlight you are the spring
our lives a sacred thing
you'll know i always will love you

i am forever
i am the one who came when you fell down
i was the only one around
when things would hurt you
i am forever
wasn't it i who said that you are free
when if it seem so hard to be
and things would hurt you

i am forever, i am forever
we are forever, we are forever

i am your friend through thick and thin
we need each other we'll never part
our love is from the heart
we never say i don't need you

we are forever
i am the one who said that you are free
when if it seem so hard to be
and nothing would cheer you
i am forever
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
wasn't it i who carried you around
when all the walls came tumbing down
when things would hurt ya'

i am forever, i am forever
we are forever, we are forever

you are the sun that lights up the sky
when things are shady
let go and then we do get back

we are forever, i am forever
we are forever, i am forever
we are forever
we are forever
we are forever
we are forever
i am forever
i am forever
we are forever
we are forever
i am forever

http://www.sweetslyrics.com/825510.MICHAEL JACKSON - Best of Joy.html

Last edited:
Re: "Best of Joy" Thread

I totally love the song, but still, I wonder about the lyrics...it's not like Michael to go out and say "Hey, look at me, I am your joy, your best of joy!"
Don't you think he would rather have said "YOU are my joy"? (to his children, to his fans, or his fans to him). For me at least, that would make more sense, it would be more...Michaelish, if you will. :)
I'm just thinking out loud here, because as I have said, I love the song, especially the "we are forever part".

When I'm listening to it I feel like he's singing in the third person. Like he's thinking of someone that's been there for him during all the tough times and he's thinking about what that person means to him. To me when he sings 'I am your joy, your best of joy', he's describing what or whom he's thinking of. To me it's quite brilliant and unique.

Not sure if I'm expressing myself well, but hopefully it makes sense what I'm trying to say.

When I'm listening to it I feel like he's singing in the third person. Like he's thinking of someone that's been there for him during all the tough times and he's thinking about what that person means to him. To me when he sings 'I am your joy, your best of joy', he's describing what or whom he's thinking of. To me it's quite brilliant and unique.

Not sure if I'm expressing myself well, but hopefully it makes sense what I'm trying to say.

Yes, you are expressing yourself well!..I completely agree....it is quite brilliant...gives you a glimpse at how his mind works...he's so unique..

How is it that this song gets better with every listen?

this is also very true! it just makes me feel so ..i don't know how to explain it...just pure and simple..happy...

With regards to Mr.Michael Jackson's reference (s) to the Moon/Moonlight and Spring;

Moonlight is the light that reaches Earth from the the Moon. This light does not originate from the Moon, but from sunlight. The Moon does not, however, reflect sunlight like a mirror, but it reflects light from those portions of its surface which the Sun's light strikes.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:47 pm

SDeidjs: I get lost in the music

SDeidjs: Its pretty cool actually

Michael: you get lost? i LIVE in it.

SDeidjs: Well its hard to explain

Michael: but i know what you mean

SDeidjs: It just takes me to another place

Michael: the music takes over

SDeidjs: Yeah

SDeidjs: and the louder

Michael: i go to the moon sometimes, lol

SDeidjs: the better

SDeidjs: You do

SDeidjs: Lets go

Michael: yeah in my mind. we have a very good relationship, Lady Moon and i.

SDeidjs: Why is that

Michael: i don't know. she's serene. she's always there. she provides just enough light. and more.
she's diana.

SDeidjs: Smiles

Spring and "springtime" refer to the season, and broadly to ideas of rebirth, renewal and regrowth.

"Spring" may begin as early as February (Northern Hemisphere) but generally are March, April, and MAY...

Please Note: As a promise I made many many moons ago, Mr.Michael Jackson's internet identity has been changed to forever protect & honor our privacy.

The Journal Of Reflection & Thoughts Truth Of Justice Nothing IS Black Or White. (Proceeds will be donated to two prearranged mutually agreed upon charities) (c) 1995-2009

God Bless Always:angel: ~~~

:rollingpeace: :santa_elf::rollingpeace:

Are you saying you talked to MJ online? Or is it an imagined conversation between you and him? I don't understand....

It's been more than a week and I am still obsessed. When Much Too Soon leaked, I couldn't stop listening and thinking about how pure and perfect it was. Then I heard Best of Joy, and now I can't stop! Best of Joy is Much Too Soon on a whole new level! Bigger and better!

Re: "Best of Joy" Thread

Impressive...! :punk:

God Bless Always :angel: ~~~

:rollingpeace::santa_elf::rollingpeace:

It's been more than a week and I am still obsessed. When Much Too Soon leaked, I couldn't stop listening and thinking about how pure and perfect it was. Then I heard Best of Joy, and now I can't stop! Best of Joy is Much Too Soon on a whole new level! Bigger and better!

I agree and I can't believe how many people vote for "Much Too Soon" in the elimination game. :bugeyed IMO that and Best of Joy are the best songs of the album.

I think this record is so beautiful the lyrics and song typical michael.
I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH!!!!!!!! especially from 1:50 till 2:05
Pure Bliss!!!!!!!!!!

when things are shady

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's maaaaagic"

I agree and I can't believe how many people vote for "Much Too Soon" in the elimination game. :bugeyed IMO that and Best of Joy are the best songs of the album.

Agree with all of you! :D

Originally Posted by Adella24
I totally love the song, but still, I wonder about the lyrics...it's not like Michael to go out and say "Hey, look at me, I am your joy, your best of joy!"
Don't you think he would rather have said "YOU are my joy"? (to his children, to his fans, or his fans to him). For me at least, that would make more sense, it would be more...Michaelish, if you will. :)
I'm just thinking out loud here, because as I have said, I love the song, especially the "we are forever part."
The lyrics are not strange at all when you believe we on Earth are visited from time to time by Angels,
one such Angel being Michael Jackson.
"We are forever......
Engel_Smilie_51.gif

sfboys;3148231 said:
Favorite song on the album.

- BEST OF JOY (Smile, when your heart is aching) -

At the very least, I now know that Michael had joy in his life during his final years with us on earth. In fact, he appears to have had the Best Of Joy. And nothing could make me, as a friend and a fan, feel better. Best of Joy is the song I dare anyone to claim does not derive from the very heart, soul and immense talent of Michael Jackson. Upon the first listen, during the first verse when the melody moves to a minor chord, I found myself with tears in my eyes. Now, having listened to it fifty times, I still tear up upon the chord change. It is a song only Mike could create - beautiful, happy, happy, joyful, yet still a feeling of desire; a sadness in not being able to have the whole world feel so much wonder. This was Mike to me: caring, loving, open, generous, free, full of hope; also, sad, lonely and longing for more. At his essence Michael to me is the most human of any beings. Only Michael Jackson can do this to me…give me hope, make me feel not alone, make me grateful for what I have and who I am and remind me that there are others out there that need love and help. No other person, no form of technology, no movie, tv program or show of any kind, and certainly nothing deceptive will ever touch that part of my soul. In that vein, the album is worth every penny and more just for this providing me The Best Of Joy. Thank you Michael Jackson. You will forever be a part of me.
so beautiful. thank you

Are you saying you talked to MJ online? Or is it an imagined conversation between you and him? I don't understand....

"No One can "EVER" Change The Past...It Is what It Is..!"

The Journal Of Reflection & Thoughts Truth Of Justice Nothing IS Black or White is an autobiographical/biographical "original journal" of true to life experiences for the last 40 + Years of being a great admirer of Mr.Michael Jackson. (c) 1995

One (s) can review the scanned "raw", "original" documentation of Part 1 on MySpace.com\sdeidjs in photos subject title: The Journal Of Reflection & Thoughts Truth Of Justice Nothing IS Black Or White that begins with life changing correspondence (s) with MJJ Productions, Team Michael, and an original online service called Prodigy.(c) 1995 - 2010

God Bless Always :angel:~~~

:rollingpeace::rollingpeace:

The Journal Of Reflection & Thoughts Truth Of Justice Nothing IS Black or White is an autobiographical/biographical "original journal" of true to life experiences for the last 40 + Years of being a great admirer of Mr.Michael Jackson. (c) 1995

One (s) can review the scanned "raw", "original" documentation of Part 1 on MySpace.com\sdeidjs in photos subject title: The Journal Of Reflection & Thoughts Truth Of Justice Nothing IS Black Or White that begins with life changing correspondence (s) with MJJ Productions, Team Michael, and an original online service called Prodigy.(c) 1995 - 2010

I still don't undarstand, but never mind.

So you talked to him in real life? that was a real conversation?

I think this record is so beautiful the lyrics and song typical michael.
I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH!!!!!!!! especially from 1:50 till 2:05
Pure Bliss!!!!!!!!!!

when things are shady

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pardon me but the lyrics in your post and those CherubimII posted are not correct !! the correct lyrics are the ones in the booklet ! check the booklet or the pics posted in this forum !

The happiest song on the album. Can't help but smile when i listen to it...

Susie, I do not understand something. If Michael asked you not to share his correspondence with you and you promised not to, why you are still shearing it? I understand that you want to donate all money to help kids which is nice, but still.... .
If it was me, I would not do it if somebody asked me not to... ., especially a person like MJ. Why his privacy is never being respected? It does not matter really what those letters are about.

Last edited:
Best of Joy is a song I love and will cherish forever. It's the essence of Michael Jackson. It's magic.

By far my absolute favorite on the album and one that I will hold close to my heart for the rest of my life.

Back